Transferring Cassette Tapes to CD

Evastar

TK Veteran
This is probably in the wrong section, but i'm not sure where to post it, so here goes anyway.

I have a number of meditation cassettes that were never released on cd, and i want to transfer them as the tapes are getting very old and i'm afraid they will break.

Anybody know how i can do this?

your welcome Eva, i looked at other ones but there are programs involved and everything else. I figured this would be the simplest in expensive way.

yes, that would work, but how much is it? I don't think that other cable i metioned is going to run over 8 USD.

Apologies was not suggesting it would be as cheap as your suggestion, just as an alternative all-in-one type thingy.

It costs about 50 euro I think!!!

Every suggestion gratefully accepted, it's interesting to see the different ways to do things.

If i had a lot of cassettes to transfer i probably would go for that allright, but i only have half a dozen i'm bothered about, so i'll try it the cheap way ;)

I just checked, the only cassette player i have is a portable one, it doesn't have the red and white audio but does have the headphone jack, so i'll have to see if i have a lead for that.

I know you dont have the same store available in the states, but if you need the proper cable any place like a radio shack in the U.S. would carry what you are looking for.

Or you could make your own. 7th happens to have a cord/cable/power adapter box full of discarded odds and ends. Comes in handy when one needs to make something themselves. :grin:

Apologies was not suggesting it would be as cheap as your suggestion, just as an alternative all-in-one type thingy.

It costs about 50 euro I think!!!

By the way SG8 I ment no offense in my previous post. No need for apologies. Didn't mean for my post to sound offensive. (y)

i bought a machine a few years ago to do same but could not understand how to use it so its sat here somewhere doing nothing. If i can find some instructions Eva ill happily send it to ya

Back