WooshBuild unable to flash from webif

help36

Hi,

Trying to re-flash a box using opkg download. Getting an error failed to download from website, can you check if there is an issue please?

Thanks

You need a usb in the box, initialised..

Have you flashed openatv 6.4 before trying wooshbuild infinity command line?

You need a usb in the box, initialised..

Have you flashed openatv 6.4 before trying wooshbuild infinity command line?
Box kept crashing so reflashed openATV 6.4 from USB
Connected to box through Webif and followed instructions as per infinity thread (root then opkg ....)
Never had this issue before so assumed it may be an issue with the site

Box kept crashing so reflashed openATV 6.4 from USB
Connected to box through Webif and followed instructions as per infinity thread (root then opkg ....)
Never had this issue before so assumed it may be an issue with the site
No if you have openatv6.4 you have to set a password using the remote before you can use webif
Menu
Setup
System
Network. Password setup
Create it and save, then use that to login to webif

No if you have openatv6.4 you have to set a password using the remote before you can use webif
Menu
Setup
System
Network. Password setup
Create it and save, then use that to login to webif
Ah right. How do I initiate the install again? As your not meant to touch the remote once you flash?

Thanks for your help mate

Not sure what you mean. I wouldnt know where to look on the internet. I detect an element of shade in your reply. I was following the techkings wooshbuild infinity instructions as below (see address, and command I copy and pasted). Is there something I'm not getting here? Newbie, so your help would be appreciated.

capture3.jpg

That's the wrong command line.
Use the command line on infinity installation instructions, not one you found on the Internet
You have added opkg to the end of the command line.
It's trying to download ipkopkg instead of ipk
Maybe terminal has added this on.
Paste the command line in terminal don't try to enter it manually

You have added opkg to the end of the command line.
It's trying to download ipkopkg instead of ipk
Maybe terminal has added this on.
Paste the command line in terminal don't try to enter it manually
Understood. I'll try that. I'm not stupid, just totally inexperienced. I don't know where the other letters appeared from. I certainly didn't add them. Why would I? I have no idea what I'm doing ... :-) Many thanks. I'll be back in a few days with how I got on.

Well, in case anyone else has the same problem, when I went to copy the above command line, it directed me to "copy from browser" and I had to copy into a pop-up dialog box. Then pressing ok, it pasted the phrase into the terminal but seemed to add the extra letters. Basically it only works if you actually type the expression in to the terminal yourself. Otherwise all went to plan except when I was asked if I wanted to initialise the hard disk. I said yes and the install crashed. It cycled through automatically until it got to the same question again, when I said No and then the install proceeded. So I probably will have a problem with my hard drive. I'll go and see if there are any instructions on how to do that somewhere. Thanks for help.

Back