Upcoming boxing events

Canelo is the face of boxing sadly. He is the cashcow.

Depise Canelo especially since that daylight robbery in the first fight against GGG and then being a drugs cheat.
CK im curious as to why you say sadly hes the cash cow? I think canelo is a great fighter who tbh will beat anyone they put in front of him

'Sadly' because he's a drugs cheat probably. And also on the good side of a few contentious decisions to say the least!
Lmao hes the cashcow because he puts bums on seats, every fight hes in you will watch him fight also I hate the saying "he was lucky that fight" the 1st fight with GGG could of gone either way the 2nd fight canelo won, which others has he been lucky in?

Lmao hes the cashcow because he puts bums on seats, every fight hes in you will watch him fight also I hate the saying "he was lucky that fight" the 1st fight with GGG could of gone either way the 2nd fight canelo won, which others has he been lucky in?

I'm not disagreeing with you. He's the cashcow because he puts bums on seats. I like watching him but let's look at contentious judging where Canelo's concerned:

CJ Ross scoring Mayweather fight 114-114
Bird Scoring GGG 1 fight 118-110

2 of the worst cards I've ever seen in my life. There's no pair of eyes I've ever met that could agree with those. Let's call it for what it is - those 2 cards are bribes.

The first GGG fight had the following media cards:
GGG - 23 wins
Canelo - 2 wins
Draws - 5

If you think that's a fight that could have gone either way, let's leave it at that. The second fight was closer.

Then we have him up on 2 cards vs Kovalev after 10 rounds (other a draw). This isn't robbery territory but it was another close fight that would have gone Canelo's way had it gone the distance. I know you're gonna say he KO'd him, he did, but you're asking me about judging.

I'm not actually a Canelo hater. I've seen him live mate. I really like him as a fighter, he's improved loads since he was younger but I call it as I see it and he's had some favourable cards, let's be honest about that.

Its the nature of the beast, if you go to Germany dont expect to win if you dont stop the klitchkos, shows how good fury was lol but ill be honest I don't see any fight that canelo has been in where I sit there and think, he was lucky to win that, maybe the 1st GGG fight, I personally had GGG winning it by 1 round but it could of gone either way, the 2nd fight canelo beat him hands down. I'm not a canelo fan boy, I just don't get the sadly part that he's the cash cow, I could understand if he ducked other fighters or was overrated, hes the biggest fighter on the planet. Plus it helps hes got a whole country behind him, its abit like mayweather who is the best to ever put a pair of gloves on hands down no one comes near him, if gets a raw deal with every fighter he thought, the biggest example is this....... "if Floyd fights manny he gets beat hands down....... Floyd vs manny....... Floyd's easiest fight of his career. Evrryone then says....... "ohhhhh well if he fort him 5 years ago he would of lost lol its always excuses.

In fairness Canelo does have a flashy style and it's the kind of style that that can catch judges eyes. But in 2 major fights when you get those scorecards in my previous post that's beyond 'lucky', that stinks. The fact it's happened in not 1 but 2 fights is concerning.

But yeah, he's a great fighter. He deserves to be at the top. Point still stands though, he's going to get any close decisions. Can you imagine sitting here and saying 'Canelo was unlucky not to get the decision in that one'.

In fairness Canelo does have a flashy style and it's the kind of style that that can catch judges eyes. But in 2 major fights when you get those scorecards in my previous post that's beyond 'lucky', that stinks. The fact it's happened in not 1 but 2 fights is concerning.

But yeah, he's a great fighter. He deserves to be at the top. Point still stands though, he's going to get any close decisions. Can you imagine sitting here and saying 'Canelo was unlucky not to get the decision in that one'.
The only fighter I see going near him is BJS but and it's a big BUT!!! ... Billy isn't motivated enough or active enough to beat him ohhhh and maybe demitrus andrade but again who's he actually fort??

The only fighter I see going near him is BJS but and it's a big BUT!!! ... Billy isn't motivated enough or active enough to beat him ohhhh and maybe demitrus andrade but again who's he actually fort??

The fact he had to move up 2 divisions to get a mega fight tells you everything. There's not much else around to touch him at the moment. You're right about Billy and to be honest, that style is just not going to get a judges decision, not a chance. We saw Danny Jacobs do that to GGG but didn't get the decision because promotors wanted to set up the canelo fight.

There's a couple of good fights at super middle but they're probably not big enough names to lure him in. Caleb Plant is very underrated I think, I'd like to see that fight. Then of course Callum Smith, that would be interesting but North American promotors won't be interested in that.

CK im curious as to why you say sadly hes the cash cow? I think canelo is a great fighter who tbh will beat anyone they put in front of him

Because he uses his power to get away with s*it. Hes had some good excuses for his short drugs ban. Plus hes won fights with questionable decisions.

Yes I dont like him but he is the face of boxing he puts butts in seats as you say. He is the biggest draw. But I dont think he should be the one representing the sport but thats just my opinion.

The fact he had to move up 2 divisions to get a mega fight tells you everything. There's not much else around to touch him at the moment. You're right about Billy and to be honest, that style is just not going to get a judges decision, not a chance. We saw Danny Jacobs do that to GGG but didn't get the decision because promotors wanted to set up the canelo fight.

There's a couple of good fights at super middle but they're probably not big enough names to lure him in. Caleb Plant is very underrated I think, I'd like to see that fight. Then of course Callum Smith, that would be interesting but North American promotors won't be interested in that.
Yeah I agree caleb plant is great fighter, hes surely got to be in the mix

Because he uses his power to get away with s*it. Hes had some good excuses for his short drugs ban. Plus hes won fights with questionable decisions.

Yes I dont like him but he is the face of boxing he puts butts in seats as you say. He is the biggest draw. But I dont think he should be the one representing the sport but thats just my opinion.
Which fights did he win with questionable decisions?

Tbh there was only one cash cow in boxing who is now retired mayweather.
I do see people's points about drug cheats ect but how many boxes don't take peds or not sign up to voluntary tests 90% of them
Mayweather the GOAT forget Muhammed alli and all them folk, Floyd beat every top fighter

Which fights did he win with questionable decisions?

GGG the first one. Wasnt close in my book at all.

Second one was close but again had GGG winning that by a round or two.

The judges score cards being way out for some of his wins is what bothers me.

I am not doubting he is modern legend and a great fighter. But just how he goes about it along with his promoter dont like.

The who is the GOAT debate is subjective and everyone has their opinion.

Mayweather is up there for sure but I wouldnt put him at no 1.

Winning all your fights and not losing a single one doesnt make you GOAT imo

GGG the first one. Wasnt close in my book at all.

Second one was close but again had GGG winning that by a round or two.

The judges score cards being way out for some of his wins is what bothers me.

I am not doubting he is modern legend and a great fighter. But just how he goes about it along with his promoter dont like.
So 2 fights out of 56 in which one where maybe ggg won as for the second one canelo beat him hands down I think thr questionable decisions is not a valid argument as to why he's "sadly" the cash cow

The who is the GOAT debate is subjective and everyone has their opinion.

Mayweather is up there for sure but I wouldnt put him at no 1.

Winning all your fights and not losing a single one doesnt make you GOAT imo
Who do you think mate? Mayweather for me just destroyed everyone, even now he could come back and beat most

So 2 fights out of 56 in which one where maybe ggg won as for the second one canelo beat him hands down I think thr questionable decisions is not a valid argument as to why he's "sadly" the cash cow

I dont know why you are picking up on that word "sadly" specifically. Sadly in the context for me meant he is the face of the sport whether I like it or not. I am not disputing he is the cash cow for the sport.

My main gripe with him and any boxers that cheats is suspension isnt enough, in his case he basically got a slap on the wrist saying he did nothing wrong.

Those who arent big names get punished while those are big stars basically get away with little to no punishment.

Back