Upcoming boxing events

I'd take Crawford in that, I haven't seen anyone come close to worrying him yet. The Shawn Porter showed to me there's chinks in his armour a guy who previously lost to Brook and Thurman.
Crawford has only gone the distance twice in the last 7 years. His weapon is power in the latter rounds. He stalks till its the right time then in the blink of an eye its over.
I like Spence Jr but like I said, he's living it large and enjoying the rewards"before" his career has ended.

I'd take Crawford in that, I haven't seen anyone come close to worrying him yet. The Shawn Porter showed to me there's chinks in his armour a guy who previously lost to Brook and Thurman.
Crawford has only gone the distance twice in the last 7 years. His weapon is power in the latter rounds. He stalks till its the right time then in the blink of an eye its over.
I like Spence Jr but like I said, he's living it large and enjoying the rewards"before" his career has ended.

Think despite his losses hes a really good fighter porter.

I do fancy Crawford if the Spence fight happened myself but only just I might add.

Both are very special fighters imo and have cleaned up the division and are the two top dogs in that division that have to have it out to see who's number 1. Anything less is a travesty for boxing imo.

Yeah im also a massive fan of porter, yeah Crawford destroyed brook, ok maybe brook was already finished but GGG and spence never finished him like Crawford did but on the flip side, spence and GGG already took his soul, be a great fight either way

Yeah im also a massive fan of porter, yeah Crawford destroyed brook, ok maybe brook was already finished but GGG and spence never finished him like Crawford did but on the flip side, spence and GGG already took his soul, be a great fight either way

2022 has to be the year it happens.

Neither have viable options apart from each other.

Brook lost his mojo after the ggg fight imo and Spence just caused even more uncertainty and Crawford just put him into semi retirement

I'd take Crawford in that, I haven't seen anyone come close to worrying him yet.

Well of course they haven't, he hasn't fought anyone good. Kell Brook out boxed him for a few rounds with a similar style to what Spence would employ imo. That's not intented to knock Crawford, he's a great fighter and his ability to figure fighters out and adjust is something rarely seen in boxing to the extent he can do.

Spencer Jr is good but he's living the life. He was over the limit when he crashed his car after a night out when he had his accident.
He only just won against Shawn Porter a split decision which could have gone either way and he's gone the distance in his other 2 fights all be it unamious wins.

I really don't think you're giving Spence a fair shake there. He deserves far more credit than that. Porter is an absolute nightmare to fight and Danny Garcia is a class act when motivated. Spence bust him up.

There's no comparison between the level of fighter's Spence and Crawford have faced. Spence is far more proven at the elite level. As good as Crawford looks, you have to do it against the best before you can swing your dick around.

Back to Manny. I just think we're seeing a fighter at his peak (Spence) against an old great. I don't think the fight will be competitive personally, certainly not for more than 3-4 rounds. I expect Spence to dominate and possibly get the stoppage.

Its opinions, you have yours I have mine. I personally rate both I just think Spence Jr's personal life will be his achilles heel. Like Porter I'm sure Pacquiao won't give him an easy ride.

Its opinions, you have yours I have mine. I personally rate both I just think Spence Jr's personal life will be his achilles heel. Like Porter I'm sure Pacquiao won't give him an easy ride.
Your right it's opinions mate.

That's the beauty of this everyone has differing opinions on fighters and who will win or lose.

Indeed. We'll see come fight night.

I don't really see Spence as 'not living the life' personally. Not living the life is when you bloat up to ridiculous weight and then have to loose too much too fast. Getting pissed and crashing a car is more of a footballers MO :LOL: When you've beaten all the top guys bar 1 (Crawford), if that was going to catch up with you it would have happened by now. Spence has great stamina in the ring.

As you said, opinions. Roll on fight night 👊

True its opinions, if Spence focuses then he will go on for a good few years but he knows himself he had to change his ways but only if he can stay on the straight and narrow.

Here's a quote from Spence:-

"Around that time, I was taking a lot of stuff for granted.
I think I was headed down that way anyway. I was headed down that path to destruction anyway. I was taking a lot of stuff for granted. It was showing.

I was already heading to destruction I think and that car accident was eye-opening for me."

Boxing is all about is a way of life, discipline 24/7. The moment you take your eye off the ball some young hungry fighter steps up and takes your seat at the top.
Hopefully the accident was a wake up call for him because he will have to be at his best to beat even a 42year old Pacquiao

True its opinions, if Spence focuses then he will go on for a good few years but he knows himself he had to change his ways but only if he can stay on the straight and narrow.

Here's a quote from Spence:-

"Around that time, I was taking a lot of stuff for granted.
I think I was headed down that way anyway. I was headed down that path to destruction anyway. I was taking a lot of stuff for granted. It was showing.

I was already heading to destruction I think and that car accident was eye-opening for me."

Boxing is all about is a way of life, discipline 24/7. The moment you take your eye off the ball some young hungry fighter steps up and takes your seat at the top.
Hopefully the accident was a wake up call for him because he will have to be at his best to beat even a 42year old Pacquiao

It may be that the accident turns out to be a blessing in disguise if it's refocused him.

Not surprised at that number. The huge cross over appeal the event got benefited the sport for sure no matter your opinion on the event itself.

The one fight I'd like to see but very much doubt it will ever happen is Teofimo Lopez stepping up to fight Josh Taylor. I personally think Taylors looking at moving up himself for a super big payday against Crawford or Spence Jr.
I backed Lopez to beat Lomachenko after seeing a few of his fights, he's one hell of a boxer especially the way he nullified Lomachenko and as he's only 23.
Not sure if his after unifying the lightweight division against Devon Haney.
Again boxing politics will ruin the day I suppose

The one fight I'd like to see but very much doubt it will ever happen is Teofimo Lopez stepping up to fight Josh Taylor. I personally think Taylors looking at moving up himself for a super big payday against Crawford or Spence Jr.
I backed Lopez to beat Lomachenko after seeing a few of his fights, he's one hell of a boxer especially the way he nullified Lomachenko and as he's only 23.
Not sure if his after unifying the lightweight division against Devon Haney.
Again boxing politics will ruin the day I suppose

Lopez is a superstar already. Brilliant fighter who is gona keep improving which is frightening to think about.

Taylor definitely wants to move up for the big fights be it Crawford or Spence. Remains to be seen if it happens.

That might be the draw to Taylor if those Spence, Crawford, Pacquiao fights don't materialise for him or if there too big I don't know only the TV companies know

Back