Upcoming boxing events

AJ and Fury will face each other. The problem is, it will be at a stage in both thier careers when no one gives a toss, abit like when Pacquiao faced off with Mayweather.
I've lost interest. Take that Dubois fight. The venue was pack with local Stoke fans for 2 up and coming local lads.
When it came to the Dubois fight the arena was empty they'd all gone.
They had to take it to Stoke to fill it. Boxings losing out to other combat sports. The politics has ruined it along with this YouTube load of bullox.

I don't think boxing is as mainstream or as popular say like it was few decades ago in the era of Ali, Frazier, Leonard, hearn, Tyson, Lennox etc It's become somewhat niche now.

Mainly because the last 15 years or so MMA and UFC has taken the combat sports world by storm.

Personally I will always love boxing more than MMA despite the politics and other BS involved.

I've just got up and seen the result of the Mayweather fight, 73 punches landed in 8 rds?, by all accounts it was abit embarrassing.
Well all's I can say is, if you paid for that you lost your money and you stupidly made two clowns richer

I've just got up and seen the result of the Mayweather fight, 73 punches landed in 8 rds?, by all accounts it was abit embarrassing.
Well all's I can say is, if you paid for that you lost your money and you stupidly made two clowns richer
Can’t believe I just watched that

I just seen some highlights on tiktok it looked more like a bear hugging comp.
Everyday these exhibition fights become more and more like the WWE which suits the yanks fine.
Mayweather apparently is signing a 3 fight deal to fight Ric Flair

Woooooooooooooooo!

I just seen some highlights on tiktok it looked more like a bear hugging comp.
Everyday these exhibition fights become more and more like the WWE which suits the yanks fine.
Mayweather apparently is signing a 3 fight deal to fight Ric Flair

Woooooooooooooooo!
I heard he’s joining the nwo

Can't believe anyone would watch this farce.

Exhibitions are becoming the norm now. It's becoming a side attraction to the main thing and alot of money to be made from exhibitions.

Those are poor stats for sure and no winner ?. There will be a time soon were these exhibitions will be the main card and the world title fight will be the undercard. It's all about money. I read that he PPV system crashed near fight time as it couldn't keep up with the demand.
I know one thing, it weren't me

Ex boxers against each other in exhibitions is not that big of an issue.

But youtubers and others who have never been pro boxers shouldn't be anywhere near the sport imo.

Those are poor stats for sure and no winner ?. There will be a time soon were these exhibitions will be the main card and the world title fight will be the undercard. It's all about money. I read that he PPV system crashed near fight time as it couldn't keep up with the demand.
I know one thing, it weren't me
I think that was the case the time that Paul fought KSI. Billy Joe was on the undercard.

Had they had judges, then it might have been worth a watch.

Ex boxers against each other in exhibitions is not that big of an issue.

But youtubers and others who have never been pro boxers shouldn't be anywhere near the sport imo.
You have to start somewhere, and these youtubers are going through proper training camps rather than just jumping in.

You have to start somewhere, and these youtubers are going through proper training camps rather than just jumping in.

Ye but it makes a mockery of the sport with guys who have never been in the ring professionally just think they can step in the ring no matter how many training camps they have had.

Don't sit right with me that's why I never pay attention to such exhibition events. Don't like ex boxers coming back either in the form of exhibitions but that I can accept as they have been there and done it.

It's like an fa cup tie (had it not been an exhibition), when you get some non leagues side facing one of the big guys.

Plus these youtubers are getting more people into boxing. I doubt any "pure" boxing fan cared about logan/jake paul vs ksi, but they still managed to sell the show to new fans.

It's like an fa cup tie (had it not been an exhibition), when you get some non leagues side facing one of the big guys.

Plus these youtubers are getting more people into boxing. I doubt any "pure" boxing fan cared about logan/jake paul vs ksi, but they still managed to sell the show to new fans.

Yes pure boxing fans wouldn't care about these exhibition events.

New fans coming in does help the sport grow further but wished it was done differently than it is currently.

The problem I see is, someone is going to get seriously hurt.

Someone fighting at 44 years of age a stone heavier than he's ever fought at and hes been retired for four years cannot be a good idea especially against a guy in his mid 20's 2.5 stone heavier and 6" taller that's when it becomes dangerous.

I know there's been a spate of old guys coming back but at least their fighting a similar age and size guys to themselves.

I mean, there's talk of Mayweather fighting his older brother now for me he is running the risk of been hurt with a silly haymaker.
Seriously, the greed will eventually catch up to Mayweather and no matter how much you got you'll still end up going in the same size box. Be happy and reminisce

Agreed there bringing new fans to the sport whether it be 10k or 1 million it's good to see the cross over.
These people that say its a joke etc about exhibitions and YouTube fights I bet they've watched the fights whether on vod or youtube.
As you’ve mentioned they go through the full training camps etc be good to see them take on pro fighters outside of the boxing ranks imagine seeing Dave Allen vs Jake Paul (joke) but it’s ok when mcgregor fought mayweather and ex mma fighters stepping into squares circle

But the thing for me is, it's like handicap horse racing. The Youtuber so to speak takes on a guy well past his sell by date and 2.5 stone lighter to balance the event up. If he wants to impress me and if he thinks he's a "Boxer" fight Artur Beterbiev or Okolie similar weight to Logan Paul. Then we'll know how good he really is. I'm sure they'll be willing to accommodate him for the money they'd be both getting. The vast majority of the best boxers (not all) in the pro game have pedigree through the amateur ranks. Those punches Logan Paul was throwing were bitch open palm slaps as though he was told , "Don't use your knuckle of the glove, Floyd will dock you some of your purse".
If Mayweather want's to impress us fight someone of a similar age weight and experience say Pacquiao, I am sure if he did he would lose or Erol Spence Jr Pacquiao's next opponent ?

But the thing for me is, it's like handicap horse racing. The Youtuber so to speak takes on a guy well past his sell by date and 2.5 stone lighter to balance the event up. If he wants to impress me and if he thinks he's a "Boxer" fight Artur Beterbiev or Okolie similar weight to Logan Paul. Then we'll know how good he really is. I'm sure they'll be willing to accommodate him for the money they'd be both getting. The vast majority of the best boxers (not all) in the pro game have pedigree through the amateur ranks. Those punches Logan Paul was throwing were bitch open palm slaps as though he was told , "Don't use your knuckle of the glove, Floyd will dock you some of your purse".
If Mayweather want's to impress us fight someone of a similar age weight and experience say Pacquiao, I am sure if he did he would lose or Erol Spence Jr Pacquiao's next opponent ?
He already beat paccquia a while back but agree they need to fight pro fighters who are in the rankings

Tbf mayweather don't get the credit he deserves, manny can fight marquez and its the best thing since sliced bread, mayweather fights him and everyone says he's 2 big its a miss match, but everyone wanted floyd to fight manny but he's to big for marquez??? Its always excuses, same for canelo, he beat canelo and every 1 said ohhh well you fort him when he was young 🤣🤣 always excuses, no 1 can argue that mayweather fort and beat them all,

Hatton
Manny
Cotto
Canelo
Maidana
Guerrero
Gatti

The list goes on, for me he's the greatest to ever do it, and I hope to see him again in an exhibition. As a hardcore boxing fan, he's joy to watch.

Back