Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

Was just having a quick play across a few boxes here on 19.2e on Sly PL HD.

For the folks that like betting my Mutant HD51 running latest OpenVix 6.3.001 and latest Oscam w/ V9 patch it was running 4 seconds faster than the Viark Sat 4k & GTmedia V8 UHD. My IPTV provider is a good 55 seconds behind.

Even with the sound ramped all the way up to 100% on the GTmedia it sounds quieter and less dynamic than the other two satellite boxes.

For the folks that like betting my Mutant HD51 running latest OpenVix 6.3.001 and latest Oscam w/ V9 patch it was running 4 seconds faster than the Viark Sat 4k & GTmedia V8 UHD. My IPTV provider is a good 55 seconds behind.

Even with the sound ramped all the way up to 100% on the GTmedia it sounds quieter and less dynamic than the other two satellite boxes.
I remember I compared both my viark and blade and blade had better picture quality

Sound on my V8 UHD is comparable to my Viark if you have it on RAW some broadcasts you can't use the volume control on the V8

What sort of TV are you on? I tend to have the Viark and GTMedia at 1080i otherwise I see more motion artefacts if I let the box do the deinterlacing rather than the TV.

@Jester1 it's weird, it was really obvious when switching between the two boxes this morning even though they're both set to raw audio output and 100% volume with the same sound track going in to the same LG TV.

What sort of TV are you on? I tend to have the Viark and GTMedia at 1080i otherwise I see more motion artefacts if I let the box do the deinterlacing rather than the TV.

@Jester1 it's weird, it was really obvious when switching between the two boxes this morning even though they're both set to raw audio output and 100% volume with the same sound track going in to the same LG TV.
I just did a comparison between the Viark and V8 UHD at around 2m distance from the LGCX using BBC World News Europe HD on 19.2e and Sound Meter android app.
The Viark was reading an average of 41db and the V8 UHD was reading an average of 40db this is both on RAW at 50% sound on both receivers and 10 on the LGCX using standard sound mode.

Last edited:
@Jester1 - this is what I see, reported it over on the Freesat forums to see what they reckon, if you go to around 3:40 you can really hear the difference.

Maybe it's reading the EDID info differently, you can really hear the difference in that video.

In the old pre-MARS firmwares it was reported as HW 1.10 and in MARS it now reports as HW 1.01 if that makes any difference.

I do run all my boxes at 100% and adjust the sound on the TV though, it's always been habit.

Last edited:
Strange that mate definite drop in sound when you switched to V8. Could you have a faulty HDMI cable ? And are you on the latest Firmware?
Mine prior to flashing mars was HW Ver V1.10.3 Feb 26 2021 Its now jus HV Version V1.0.3 weather that makes any difference I don't know?

Does viaplay open up on sp1 sky viark box ? i have sky hd sports and movies opened up on my box but no bt sports hd or premier/viaplay hd ..

Does viaplay open up on sp1 sky viark box ? i have sky hd sports and movies opened up on my box but no bt sports hd or premier/viaplay hd ..
BT Sport , Viaplay Sport , Irish , SD Channels , Freesat Channels do not clear with Forever VIP or SP1/SP2 Codes .

Back