Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

Good deal i should get it moday/tuesday paid price below Uk seller.

GTMEDIA V8 UHD 4K Sat Satellite Receiver DVB-S/S2/S2X/T/T2/C For Sky UK/DE/IT
£56.67
Hi, any chance of a pm please as I am also looking to purchase this box. UK seller would be a bonus. Thanks.

Last edited:
To get the sky DE channel changes do i just have to rescan? Also is there a way for me to download my channel list on GTmedia v8 UHD to USB and edit on PC?

I've not found a PC channel editor that works on the V8UHD with Mars yet.

There's an internal version of Clarke Tech but the public version doesn't work with any SDX files I tried either.

For now it's just a case of using the built in editor in the box to move channels up and down the list and swap etc.

found Dazn 1 in germany on a rescan, well annoying as i had the channels in german favourites in perfect order now its got DAZN 2 at the top and the new DAZN 1 at the bottom if the list.

To get the sky DE channel changes do i just have to rescan? Also is there a way for me to download my channel list on GTmedia v8 UHD to USB and edit on PC?
Id just do a blind scan it will fetch the necessary frequencies in.

found Dazn 1 in germany on a rescan, well annoying as i had the channels in german favourites in perfect order now its got DAZN 2 at the top and the new DAZN 1 at the bottom if the list.
You can sort them via the remote on the Viark Sat 4k.

I've been having a dig through the SDX channels files the box creates.

It's basically JSON in one massive unformatted line with all sats, TPs, channels and configs.

It looks like there is code in these boxes somewhere to auto prioritise Dolby audio tracks like E2 can but none of these types of boxes I had ever exposed it so I've queried it with GTmedia. Having that enabled would make life easier.

Audio is saved in the box file so luckily changing audio away from narration is once per channel like the Viark and others.

I've been having a dig through the SDX channels files the box creates.

It's basically JSON in one massive unformatted line with all sats, TPs, channels and configs.

It looks like there is code in these boxes somewhere to auto prioritise Dolby audio tracks like E2 can but none of these types of boxes I had ever exposed it so I've queried it with GTmedia. Having that enabled would make life easier.

Audio is saved in the box file so luckily changing audio away from narration is once per channel like the Viark and others.
I edited my file the other day in a hex editor to set the dolby priority, it seems to work.

I edited my file the other day in a hex editor to set the dolby priority, it seems to work.
Mine didn't do anything mate, the bDolbyPriority? Did you just set to 1?

Did you scan in channels afterwards maybe? My channels were still getting narration on some so just modified them manually

Anything else worth changing?

Mine didn't do anything mate, the bDolbyPriority? Did you just set to 1?

Did you scan in channels afterwards maybe? My channels were still getting narration on some so just modified them manually
Yes I just set it to 1.

No haven't scanned any channels since, but before I set it, it was defaulting to narration and after reloading it, it has been using dolby.

Back