Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

Seems to be a theme here, I also had a DM800 as soon as they were released.

Pretty sure I paid £350 for it at the time (might have been more I can't remember now), was just as unstable as my DM7000 that it replaced for atleast 12 months and required rebooting a couple of times a day.

Can someone please point me to a complete idiots guide for the sat 4K before l take it down the shed and show it the lump hammer.:ROFLMAO:
Woody6222 its not so difficult at all. I don't even use mine to turn the dish, i just put a splitter inline and use the E2 sole 4K to drive the dish to the sat I want. Below is how to flash to the box.

To get this all set up buy a box from the above.
Download the latest PT firmware for the box you bought.
Flash the firmware like this.

Send the firmware PT.bin to a USB stick
Insert USB IN Front or back USB Slot
On the box Select USB AND SELECT pt firmware and click ok select YES To upgrade Firmware
Let the box get to 100% and wait for the box to reboot
When it has finished booting Menu > Information and OK
Look at the date it should show something like( apri21 2021-arp 2024)

All you need to do then is move the dish to where you want it and turn the viark on. Use the sat search and scan the channels. To switch channels from each sat just click sat on the remote.

Still got my DM800, I also got it when stock has scarce. I think it was something like £400.00 from the UK dealer.
And they got hot until they did a software fix.

Still got my DM800, I also got it when stock has scarce. I think it was something like £400.00 from the UK dealer.
Yeah silly money back then but still couldnt wait to get my hands on it, still have mine fella although a popped a DVBC tuner in it when Virgin was a goer.

Woody6222 its not so difficult at all. I don't even use mine to turn the dish, i just put a splitter inline and use the E2 sole 4K to drive the dish to the sat I want. Below is how to flash to the box.

On the box Select USB AND SELECT pt firmware and click ok select YES To upgrade Firmware

All you need to do then is move the dish to where you want it and turn the viark on. Use the sat search and scan the channels. To switch channels from each sat just click sat on the remote.
Vaguely familiar that set of instructions :LOL:

Pretty sure I paid £350 for it at the time (might have been more I can't remember now), was just as unstable as my DM7000 that it replaced for atleast 12 months and required rebooting a couple of times a day.
I think the theme mate is we are all getting old :LOL:

I started late with Starview box in 2008 then DM800HD on sat + Zgemma H2s and now Viark Sat 4k. A much short journey compared to others who own all kinds of boxes.

I started late with Starview box in 2008 then DM800HD on sat + Zgemma H2s and now Viark Sat 4k. A much short journey compared to others who own all kinds of boxes.
Thats a few, i have, silvercrest sl65-12, Lemon 20S, Technomate Tm1500, Echolink El777, Tm9100, TM twin oe, Tm800, DM800hd, Tm nano and Vu solo 4k, and viark sat 4k. :sneaky:

Thanks for that, l was trying to set it up on a fixed dish on 28e which is configured with FBC and has 5 boxes attached with the viark only having 1 tuner it was not ideal and when l scanned the sat l was getting allsorts of channels but none for 28e. l was just playing to see what it was like before l put it on the motor. l was getting frustrated and didn't want to screw anything up so l packed it into the box. l will put it on the motorised when the mood takes me omitting 28.2. 1 Question please,does it use normal eurocam?

Thanks for that, l was trying to set it up on a fixed dish on 28e which is configured with FBC and has 5 boxes attached with the viark only having 1 tuner it was not ideal and when l scanned the sat l was getting allsorts of channels but none for 28e. l was just playing to see what it was like before l put it on the motor. l was getting frustrated and didn't want to screw anything up so l packed it into the box. l will put it on the motorised when the mood takes me omitting 28.2. 1 Question please,does it use normal eurocam?
What do you call a eurocam do you mean a Eurostat server line. If so its its parts of the package.

As kegnkiwi say it has a lot of packages included across the arc, but you can add you own euro line too but its not really needed. The Euro sats side of the Viark is pretty stable.

My Dreambox experience started when I was accepted as a beta tester for their DM 8000 HD, which I still have in a cupboard somewhere, that even at it's prerelease price cost me about £600 but it did come with all the optional extras like the DVD drive and I think the hard drive.

My box is saying PT Disconnected, tried rebooting it but no change.

I have checked the network side of things, and my router is showing the viark as connected. My shield which is connected via the same cabling works fine (internet wise).

I tried clicking on PT Disconnected, but that doesn't change it to conncected status.

Is anyone else having this issue, or have I done something wrong?

Thanks

My Dreambox experience started when I was accepted as a beta tester for their DM 8000 HD, which I still have in a cupboard somewhere, that even at it's prerelease price cost me about £600 but it did come with all the optional extras like the DVD drive and I think the hard drive.

I applied for that and when they sent me the price I politely (or maybe not quite so politely) declined :LOL:

My box is saying PT Disconnected, tried rebooting it but no change.

I have checked the network side of things, and my router is showing the viark as connected. My shield which is connected via the same cabling works fine (internet wise).

I tried clicking on PT Disconnected, but that doesn't change it to conncected status.

Is anyone else having this issue, or have I done something wrong?

Thanks

Yes same here. Went down around 9pm so may be new time for the daily maintenance?

Hahahahaha

Me too i applied but i was known to them to be supporting Dm500 clones so they politely told me to do one. :ROFLMAO:

Back