Viark VIARK TYPE BOXES

MotoGP from BT Sport in SD, not good watching on a 4K projector with an 85 inch screen so I used to download it from a torrents site.

F1 from Sky Sports Germany but my German isn't good enough for their commentary so again I used to get it of fa torrents site but sometimes I struggle to download it before I have heard the result.
MotoGP is not that big a problem as you have to want to find the result as it isn't on the TV or radio the moment the race has finished like on F1.
Both LIVE events are not overlapping so you can record both using the viark.
If you also want the two hour build up and two hour post mortem for each programme then you need a different device.
Not sure why you purchased this box when it's obviously the least suitable device you could have acquired.
You can buy an enigma box and get iptv on it.
Record one programme on each box in its entirety.

Both LIVE events are not overlapping so you can record both using the viark.
If you also want the two hour build up and two hour post mortem for each programme then you need a different device.
Not sure why you purchased this box when it's obviously the least suitable device you could have acquired.
You can buy an enigma box and get iptv on it.
Record one programme on each box in its entirety.
I bought it as an experimental box to see if it worked, mainly for the F1, which it has done for one race and hopefully future ones.
As I have said previously you pay your money and take your chances.
I have never had much luck with IPTV and prefer satellite if it clears.

You buy and use your boxes how you want and I will do the same, I only asked if it was possible to do like I could with E2 boxes and FTP to my computer I never expected the Spanish inquisition but then no one ever does, at least according to Monty Python :flushed:

I bought it as an experimental box to see if it worked, mainly for the F1, which it has done for one race and hopefully future ones.

You buy and use your boxes how you want and I will do the same, I only asked if it was possible to do like I could with E2 boxes and FTP to my computer I never expected the Spanish inquisition but then no one ever does, at least according to Monty Python :flushed:
If you watch the f1 first, you could use the iptv app on the viark to start watching it. Switch over to sky f1 once moto gp is finished, then watch the moto gp after.

You want to record two programmes at the same time on the same box.
Basically it is a whinge about the scheduling and has nothing to do with the viark box.
It wouldn't matter which box you had and it doesn't belong in this thread

Just buy a 2nd viark box, problem solved ;)

Just buy a 2nd viark box, problem solved ;)
If it was more reliable and guaranteed to keep working for 3 years I may have been tempted but as it is not reliable at the moment and it sounds like it will be going altogether soon itf recent reports about UK Sky going to ICAM.

I have not had any luck with the IPTV on the Viark or on another option I have for it Drbox.

pabloescaban said:
This thread is not short of monotony with constant updates on which channels work or more often, don't work.
I don't think it needs more tedium by describing idiotic machines trundling around in circles, the thread concerns the boxes, not what you watched last night.
I was just trying to help with so many people, including Landrover on Saturday in post #861, saying that their boxes weren't working and as a follow up to my earlier post about it working fine for me on Saturday too.
Feel free to ignore my post if you like but it may help someone who is considering buying a box or who thinks that nothing is clearing on the UK Sky channels.

I explained earlier that I was trying to help others, it's just a thing that I have always done, but this time I was asking a question to help myself , and possibly others.
You complained earlier that my post didn't belong in this thread and that it was only about Viark boxes.
I find that really confusing as it has everything to do with the boxes, the scheduling is the reason why I wanted to know if it was possible to transfer files from my USB stick in the box via FTP or similar to my computer.
So how is that not box related :unsure:

As I said before please feel free to ignore my posts or comments, as you appear to have nothing useful to contribute to them in any helpful way at all.

Or simply use a second USB for the F1.
Not entirely sure where the problem lies
The build up over laps though guess sandra has to skip the build up. Im the same with MotoGP need to see the build up.

Sandra watch the build up on the IPTV side well the motogp is still recording then when motogp finishes take usb to pc drag file over replace back in box and record the F1

If it was more reliable and guaranteed to keep working for 3 years I may have been tempted but as it is not reliable at the moment and it sounds like it will be going altogether soon itf recent reports about UK Sky going to ICAM.

I have not had any luck with the IPTV on the Viark or on another option I have for it Drbox.
Dont worry about that

Fake news.

Last edited:
I had to put video delay to 5 secs for perfect sync but was spot on... 1st time I've used it and it worked a treat
Thanks for this Peter, this will come in handy in future when we go back to multiple games at 3pm when the game you want to watch is not available on sat with an english soundtrack and also possible if you want to watch on the french UHD channel on 5 West, I have tried it before but never persevered long enough to get it working, will test when next game is on 5 West

New exclusive packages added apparently

#XtraTV Package
Hotbird-13E.

11219H29900
12437H29900

Opened Some Channels On #Forever.
Exclusive

-----------------------------------
Note :
#XtraTV Package
Astra-4.9E.

12245V30000.

Opened Some Channels On #Forever.
Exclusive
-----------------------------------

@sandra51
Try this before you actually want to do it,
I am not sure if a Windows PC will be able to read the file format your box will record in.
It records in ts format and usb is fat32, no issues. Only problem I have found is that if you try and convert to MKV it fails saying there is something missing, cant remember what. Dont have this issue with e2 recordings

Back