virgin is coming

chenks

TK Veteran
today a letter came thru the door telling us that virgin are coming to cable the street.
so, with the zgemma in mind, what's the cheapest way to get virgin to provide service so that i end up with a live line to use with the zgemma?

today a letter came thru the door telling us that virgin are coming to cable the street.
so, with the zgemma in mind, what's the cheapest way to get virgin to provide service so that i end up with a live line to use with the zgemma?
Get vm broadband then your sorted

Ok. Get your neighbour to get there broadband, the one that is directly joined to your house, if u have one that is. You can then join onto there feed without vm knowing a thing

Take out Virgin Internet with them - try it and see what it's like compared to what you're currently using and if it's good then keep it if you wish but if not, cancel within 14 days and you'll only be charged for what you've used :)

Some have said get bb or tv installed and then cancel within 14 days. Not done it myself

well as their maximum product is 300Mbps down then it's not even going to come close to what i currently have ;)

even if i did that though, would cancelling after 14 days still leave the incoming line live for use with the zgemma?

interesting.
although the other consideration is the disruptive nature of them actually installing the service.
getting the cable from the pavement to the house can't be a very "clean" process.

As grog68 says, connections are usually left live if you cancel.

How are you getting 600mb+ internet? ... some kind of business deal?

Depends if you're fussed about cables showing - they can tack it along a wooden fence etc to save digging up the garden.

interesting.
although the other consideration is the disruptive nature of them actually installing the service.
getting the cable from the pavement to the house can't be a very "clean" process.
They lifted a couple of slabs I have at front of my house and buried it under there, but then my house is literally two slabs from the street:)

I ordered the player package.got TV (basic package with sly sports thrown in free for 6 months) broadband and phone £32. Was pretty much same price for just broadband on its own. Now the cables are all there ready for me. Phoned them up a week later and told them I need to relocate box upstairs. When Engineer came out (foc)I told him it would be temporary upstairs and asked him to put a splitter in the brown box outside. Now I can put the VM box upstairs for the misses and she can pause/record as much coronation street as she likes and I have the cable downstairs all ready for my new box. Then like ste said, just cancel it

the reason i started it in the H2S section is because my Zgemma is an H2S.
and, yes, i know that it would need a tuner conversion.

I looked at buying cable usb tuners, but they were around £50, so got the h52tc for an extra 30 pounds - dual cable tuner and a sat tuner, seemed to make more sense.

There is no hassle with moving the thread, just made more sense to discuss VM in the General cable section.

it's all hypothetical at the moment anyway, as we only just got the letter informing of the street work being imminent.
no idea when an actual "go live" date would be for service.

it's all hypothetical at the moment anyway, as we only just got the letter informing of the street work being imminent.
no idea when an actual "go live" date would be for service.

I got a letter in around March saying they were coming to my area then last week got a letter saying it will be available in the next 10 days. Each area might be different but may be useful info. Looking into doing this also.

Back