VM CHANNELS FIX (23/4/2020) OSCAM ONLY!!

hi everyone, im using a vu solo se v2 running Vix 5.1, and have installed oscam and oscam emu - but when i go into the /etc/tuxbox/config folder there are no oscam folders and no oscam.config files.

When i go into softcam on my vu solo box mgcamd, oscam and oscam emu are available but like stated above when i ftp into the box the above folder and associated files are nowhere to be seen - any thoughts on why ?? or how it can be rectified ?

Thanks Willo3092, always helpful as usual. I have the Dinobot 4k+ and use PurE2 (which is based on OpenATV), are you still using your Dinobot 4k+?

Do I just copy the files from the attached zip in to /etc/tuxbox/config/ - after adding the reader in oscam.server? Or does anything else need to be edited/added?

I have Oscam latest and Oscam Emu installed. After installing Oscam Emu another cam shows as OscamEmuTEST, no idea what that is.

Channels are freezing a lot and most are not clearing, but for me CCCAM 2.3.8 is freezing less than Oscam.

On ViX oscam-latest, they go straight into /etc/tuxbox/config/
There may be another sub-folder on ATV based images.

I'm not getting any freezing with these files. If you do, it may be a provider issue.

On ViX oscam-latest, they go straight into /etc/tuxbox/config/
There may be another sub-folder on ATV based images.

I'm not getting any freezing with these files. If you do, it may be a provider issue.

on atv the folders are /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-??? (the ??? replaced with the version of oscam, ie oscam-emu)

if using an older softcam manager/feed then they may be in /usr/keys/oscam-???

I have always previously saved them in /etc/tuxbox/config/ and the readers appear in Webif

Some sky and VM channels are working albeit freezing a lot both with Oscam latest and emu. I didn't need to save /etc/tuxbox/config/oscam-???, should I? As it seems to be working with some channels when saved in /etc/tuxbox/config/

Thanks Willo3092, always helpful as usual. I have the Dinobot 4k+ and use PurE2 (which is based on OpenATV), are you still using your Dinobot 4k+?

Yes, still using the Dinobot 4K+ but I managed to knacker the cable tuner up on it somehow :unsure:
I'm using my homebrew ViX image in client mode and it works well (y)

Yes, still using the Dinobot 4K+ but I managed to knacker the cable tuner up on it somehow :unsure:
I'm using my homebrew ViX image in client mode and it works well (y)

That's brilliant, shame about the tuner. It's been an amazing box for me, but I cannot get my head round building an image to create a homebrew.

Still fiddling with settings to sort out the channels freezing. Contacted the provider who seems to suggest the problem is fixed. At least a few more channels started clearing today but with a lot of freezing.

Hi
so finally end of the day and thank you for all your advice
I finally got the zgemma working after 2 days of Messing around on and off
i am thinking was it worth it,as most channels freeze a lot,and many channels not clearing at all and just a blank screen
i guess it’s finally dead on The cable scene or is it the sub provider
can someone confirm who are using cable are clearing all the VM channels besides the sports?

i see many people are still talking about the satellites
what is a available on there still?

thank you all

Hi
so finally end of the day and thank you for all your advice
I finally got the zgemma working after 2 days of Messing around on and off
i am thinking was it worth it,as most channels freeze a lot,and many channels not clearing at all and just a blank screen
i guess it’s finally dead on The cable scene or is it the sub provider
can someone confirm who are using cable are clearing all the VM channels besides the sports?

i see many people are still talking about the satellites
what is a available on there still?

thank you all
I can confirm all channels are clearing, kids channels, SD channels etc.

VM is not dead, yet, the issue is probably your provider is a cache server and his peer sharers are not all fixed, this will cause issues for your provider and he has no control over getting the fixed, he should be lookng for other sources that work to improve his service

VM is not dead, yet, the issue is probably your provider is a cache server and his peer sharers are not all fixed, this will cause issues for your provider and he has no control over getting the fixed, he should be lookng for other sources that work to improve his service

Any ideas where I can get a decent provider who has fixed the problem? Also who is your provider? Thanks

I think it depends on the provider Grog, I took a VM line from an old provider, still a lot of sd channels not clearing and a bit of freezing on others, got an email from my current provider saying that he hopes to be operating again in the next few days.

Back