VM Signal Levels

Yh pal. Was the same. Will now just wait... raise a complaint and get a eng to fit one of those powered HDU's.

Even noticed slight pixellation when no devices are connected to my wifi. Im confident this is definatley a loss of signal issue due to the length of the run

But if they send an engineer out and your router and TiVo box is working fine (which they probably do / will) then there's nothing for them to investigate as they wont help you with illegal means of watching tv.

If the issue is with power levels with the box and router connected, then how does connecting via WiFi or wired change that?

So the power levels are fine with only the router, but if they connect a TiVo and Router up, it would go back to power levels being to low? Therefore they have an opportunity to call Virgin about their power levels with a genuine issue.

If the issue is with power levels with the box and router connected, then how does connecting via WiFi or wired change that?

So the power levels are fine with only the router, but if they connect a TiVo and Router up, it would go back to power levels being to low? Therefore they have an opportunity to call Virgin about their power levels with a genuine issue.

Thats what i will do once i rig it all up tomorrow. Will tell them i want a powered HDU splitter fitted.

Do you think this will cure the problem?

Thats what i will do once i rig it all up tomorrow. Will tell them i want a powered HDU splitter fitted.

Do you think this will cure the problem?
I do suggest that you wait till your TiVo arrives and try it all together and see if the power levels remain low. If so then as I said above, you have then a genuine issue that they need to resolve.

Not sure whether they fit a powered splitter, but I heard usually they “move you up at the cabinet” to give you a higher power level, not sure about that though.

I do suggest that you wait till your TiVo arrives and try it all together and see if the power levels remain low. If so then as I said above, you have then a genuine issue that they need to resolve.

Not sure whether they fit a powered splitter, but I heard usually they “move you up at the cabinet” to give you a higher power level, not sure about that though.
your right they do move your cable in the cabinet and tweek it, mine was the opposite i had too strong signal, but later found out it was a fault with the cabinet in the street too.

He's using home plugs - his box works fine until he starts to use Wi-Fi ... I have gave him several suggestions which he says he's tried but some answers to my questions contradict this so i'm not sure tbh :confused:
he's using homeplugs ??

which homeplugs are you using ? do these have some kind of setup before these work ?

he's using homeplugs ??

which homeplugs are you using ? do these have some kind of setup before these work ?

Tp- Link homeplugs

No they automatically just pair and i run a lan cable from that to the box.

The tivo has arrived. Its just activating at the moment

running a vm router and TiVo no problems, adding a dodgy box can = problems. I had this issue so removed the TiVo but still had problems. got a HDU sorted pixilation, missing channels etc. They just work. The more you split the feed the more issues you get. They are designed to give back the losses of weak signal and regulate if to strong.

UPDATE

Called and said im getting glitching / pixellation when using the wifi on my tivo box. (Theres no issue at all)

I mentioned i think its due to length of the cable being such a long run and since adding the tivo it is decreasing the signal... also that on there forums it mentions something about a powered HDU splitter.

This time the customers services advisor said my downstream signal levels are low on my router.

Engineer booked for this weekend.

Signal levels taken at 10pm

2 x Zgemma connected
1 x Tivo
1 x Superhub 3

No glitching today at all.

Please advise :(y):

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 36
This time the customers services advisor said my downstream signal levels are low on my router.

Engineer booked for this weekend.

Told ye ;)

If your downstream power is below -6 which it is by your screenshots, they will increase it at the cabinet... make sure you hide your zgemma boxes incase they visit your property ;)

Back