VPN Conf Importer

Just installed the plugin on my vu+ Uno4k on openvix 5.4.007 and I'm getting the same crash
Interesting, I put latest atv 6.4 on my Uno4k this morning and the plugin works, wonder if ATV are using some vix code and gradually introducing it to box images over time. If so expect everyone to have issues on all boxes soon.

Maybe they are moding part of ATV to be Python 3 ready which is causing issues, what I don't understand the lines above are similar to what is used in other plugins that are working fine on H7

afraid not, life has got in the way and the H7 I was setting up has gone which means I don't have a box that it doesn't work on at the moment.

Any update on this Mr Groggeridge?
I think I have it sorted, 0.90 is now the latest, I had a h7 here for today and when I installed the plugin it worked. Any feedback welcome.

Note: when I first tried installing it via downloadable plugins, it wouldn't install as it returned a file size error, i regenerated the feed packages list on my server and tried installing again it installed, so if you get an error during the download (via downloadable plugins) then just retry.

All feedback welcome

Mr Grogs..Thanks for this super Tool VPNConfImporter which certainly makes VPN Setup life easier.
Having all sorts of problems installing VPNManager v 1.1.4 and the VPNConfImporter on ATV 6.5 they do not seem to want to climb onBord.,
both will simply NOT install.
On ATV 6.4 both installed and seems OK.

Same thing on openPLI 8, it crashes my Octagon SF8008 and keeps giving me this message PIC.1, when i check to see if its installed after Resart.
Below is the Crash Log,

I have found a workaround and it has to do with these two fixes below...I applied it yesterday and it was fine, working well, this morning I wanted to change the Bootlogo Splash Image for the latest Octagon one and this totally destroyed my Octagon and I LOST / WIPED / DELETED the complete Multiboot with Four images I had, so Im back to square one and a Virgin Box. Been at it all day and this is really annoying me now.

etc/resolv.conf

# Generated by resolvconf
nameserver 208.67.222.222
nameserver 208.67.220.220

telnet: cmd

chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

reBoot.

But I have two resolve.conf Files which should be edited?
Any help or insight would be greatly apprec.
Thanks.
AJP

Attachments

• VPNConfImporter_grospiavpn 22.06.2021.jpg
    VPNConfImporter_grospiavpn 22.06.2021.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 15
  • two_resolv.conf _files.png
    two_resolv.conf _files.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 11
  • resolv.conf_1970.png
    resolv.conf_1970.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 10
  • resolv.conf.conf_2020.png
    resolv.conf.conf_2020.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 12
  • telnet_cmd.png
    telnet_cmd.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 13
  • resolve.conf.png
    resolve.conf.png
    230 KB · Views: 13
  • enigma2_crash log.rar
    4.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Mr Grogs..Thanks for this super Tool VPNConfImporter which certainly makes VPN Setup life easier.
Having all sorts of problems installing VPNManager v 1.1.4 and the VPNConfImporter on ATV 6.5 they do not seem to want to climb onBord.,
both will simply NOT install.
On ATV 6.4 both installed and seems OK.

Same thing on openPLI 8, it crashes my Octagon SF8008 and keeps giving me this message PIC.1, when i check to see if its installed after Resart.
Below is the Crash Log,

I have found a workaround and it has to do with these two fixes below...I applied it yesterday and it was fine, working well, this morning I wanted to change the Bootlogo Splash Image for the latest Octagon one and this totally destroyed my Octagon and I LOST / WIPED / DELETED the complete Multiboot with Four images I had, so Im back to square one and a Virgin Box. Been at it all day and this is really annoying me now.

etc/resolv.conf

reBoot.

Thanks.
AJP
you need vpnmanager 1.1.6 to run on openatv 6.5 different python version.

Having all sorts of problems installing on ATV 6.5 does not seem to want to climb onBord., will simply NOT install.
Also on on openPLI 8, it crashes my Octagon SF8008 and keeps giving me this message PIC.1, when i check to see if its installed after Resart.

etc/resolv.conf

reBoot.

Thanks.
AJP
Atv 6.5 uses python 3, I still need to look at what needs changing to make the plugin python 3 compatable but there shouldn't be much to change if anything.

Not sure why there is a boxbranding error as the plugin doesn't use the module, but it looks like the __init__.pyo file is full of old code so need to be replaced. I will fix that tomorrow.

The resolv file is changed by the VPN manager, as soon as you select a server it updates the resolv.conf file, the VPNConfiImporter doesn't touch the file.

As for wiping your multiboots that is not related to this plugin but I don't use multiboot so not sure if there is anyway to restore it but not sure how you have managed to lose the 4 images

@ Mr Grogs and @urie,

Thank you very much for the explanations Guys really Apprec.

I have found the python 3, VPN manager 1.1.6 version and attached it below for all who need it.

Understand that now about the python 3 compatibility for the ATV 6.5. but does this apply to the openPli 8 as well?

Thank you for looking at the Boxbranding issue, really super.

So I don't need to worry about the resolv files, the servers are updated by the VPN manager automatically in the right place, that's good to hear.

Wiped Multiboot images, Yes I know its NOT related but had this NOT happened then I would have had three images all with working VPN.
I only wanted to change the Octagon Bootlogo the very First one when the Box is switched ON.
Had I known the trouble this would cause I would NOT have bothered. I have wasted a whole Day with this issue, But saying that learning along the way.

It presently has the ATV 6.4 Dark Grey which is very unfriendly. I found a USB File on the Octagon Europe Forum and according to the
Reports and feedback it should have been safe to install without effecting anything other than the First Bootlogo. Specifically written for this purpose.!

So I Unzipped and put the File onto a USB and sent it into Box as instructed, the Box went into the re- Boot sequence and remained stuck at -100 for about 20mins.
The only way to stop this was to Power down at rear and then back ON only to find the MultiBoot empty and ALL 4 images were GONE.!!
I have attached the USB File below so you can have a look at it. Maybe its of interest to someone else.

Cheers. AJP

Attachments

• usb_update.zip
    468.3 KB · Views: 4
  • VPN manager v.1.1.6.rar
    470.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I would recommend you start a new thread for the multiboot problem as more people may see it and be able to help, as I say I don't use multiboot and it's not an area I know much about. I don't know if there is a way to restore your boot partition as it does sound like usb file you have flashed has messed it up somehow.

I have updated the plugin, you should not now get the box branding error. If using python 3 then it attempts to install vpn Manager 1.1.6 rather than 1.1.4 if using python 2.7

I have tweaked the vpnconfimporter plugin so I am hoping it will function properly on python 3 but as I still have 2.7 on my box I am not sure if I've coverred everything, I may flash atv 6.5 on my box at some point this week IF I get the time and test it

@ Mr Grogs,
Thank you big time for updating your Plugin, you have been very helpful, much Apprec your time and support.
Is the new updated version in the first Post link?

If you decide to Flash your Box with ATV 6.5 please post your results here...Super..... Cheers

I will NOT bother with the Bootlogo until I hear that it works 100%, subject NOT resolved but closed for me.
Kindest regards, AJP

Last edited:
@grog68 error when trying the ipk on the first post using openvix python 3 image

4097_0_19_17AE_7EE_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20210708152352.jpg

I noticed only .pyo files are included it needs .py files to convert to py3. You might be able to include the cpython-39.pyc files instead but probably better with just py files

@grog68 error when trying the ipk on the first post using openvix python 3 image

View attachment 62971

I noticed only .pyo files are included it needs .py files to convert to py3. You might be able to include the cpython-39.pyc files instead but probably better with just py files
oh the fun of converting to py 3 lol, it may need to use the six module as well, I am off away in morning so I'm afraid it will need to wait until I get back.

I was using Nord VPN on the plug in , kindly given to me by Pablo several months ago, it stopped working a few weeks back, so as I already knew, it would only work for a few months at best. so I am now trying PIA vpn, but after a week,I still cant get it working on the zgemma, just wondering if there are any problems with PIA on this plug in, I have an Android tv, so I tried the VPN on it, and it works ok, but I wanted to use on the zgemma, mainly to record from Series/thewatch, I have followed all the instructions from post 1 and I am on open atv 6.4, dont know if flashing to 6.5 would be any different, just looking for any ideas to see if I have missed something along the way, before trying some other VPNs. Message I get when trying to connect is Login error_AUTH FAILED.

Back