VU+Duo / Wooshbuild

Pablo! I repeated the process once again thoroughly, the box rebooted without any problem with the same results but then reading Grog's loading instructions for GBFR, these lines caught my eye:-

"As we do not use an image in Grogbuild FreeRange it will install in just minutes on any Engima2 set top box that has openATV installed."
so would it be fair to assume that there won't be any monkey logo in the background for GBFR. please correct me if i am wrong.
Once you have answered all the questions, you should see two Bars across the TY screen, this is flashing ATV. The box reboots with the ATV logo on the screen and it then restores backup (actually all the settings for GBFR), some boxes see a message stating 'fast restore' or something, other boxes don't see the message. Once the restore is complete then the box reboots again and this time you should see the monkey logo as it boots up. Once booted up you should then see abouquets list which just contains the Favourites bouquet. You will get the spinning circle in top corner as the box now runs an abm scan. Once the circle has done exit back to screen and you should be ready to go.

I flashed GBFR on my VU+ Uno 4k last night without any issues.

EDIT: Ah are you installing GBFR with OpenVix ? is so something has changed in vix, it used to take you to a 'restore backup' screen once flashed but doesn't seem to do that now, you have to manually restore the grogbuild backup file via the vix backup manager. I don't use vix on my boxes so not sure when why they have changed it.

Last edited:
After answering all questions and the box going through the download etc, the last part in terminal has this entry, using h2h

2020-01-16 22:29:55 (3.76 MB/s) - ‘/media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/latestimage.zip’ saved [96448579/96448579]

Archive: /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/latestimage.zip
inflating: zgemma/h3/imageversion
inflating: zgemma/h3/kernel.bin
inflating: zgemma/h3/noforce
inflating: zgemma/h3/rootfs.bin
inflating: zgemma/h3/splash.bin

ofgwrite Utility v4.5.5
Author: Betacentauri
Based upon: mtd-utils-native-1.5.1 and busybox 1.24.1
Use at your own risk! Make always a backup before use!
Don't use it if you use multiple ubi volumes in ubi layer!

Flashing rootfs
Flashing kernel
Searching image files in ./ resolved to /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/zgemma/h3
Found rootfs file: /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/zgemma/h3/rootfs.bin
Found kernel file: /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/zgemma/h3/kernel.bin
Found UBIFS rootfs
Found mounted /newroot
Found mountpoint for rootfs file: /media/hdd

Found /proc/mtd entries:
Device: Size: Erasesize: Name: Image:
mtd0: 10000000 00020000 "complete"
mtd1: 00600000 00020000 "kernel" -> /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/zgemma/h3/kernel.bin
mtd2: 0fa00000 00020000 "rootfs" -> /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/zgemma/h3/rootfs.bin
Using kernel mtd device: /dev/mtd1
Using rootfs mtd device: /dev/mtd2

killall: CCcam: no process killed

Usage:
kill [options] <pid> [...]

Options:
<pid> [...] send signal to every <pid> listed
-<signal>, -s, --signal <signal>
specify the <signal> to be sent
-l, --list=[<signal>] list all signal names, or convert one to a name
-L, --table list all signal names in a nice table

-h, --help display this help and exit
-V, --version output version information and exit

For more details see kill(1).

Usage:

Options:

killall: kodi.bin: no process killed
killall: hddtemp: no process killed
killall: transmission-daemon: no process killed
killall: openvpn: no process killed
sh: /etc/init.d/sabnzbd: No such file or directory
Stopping automount: done.
Syncing filesystem
daemonize
root@zgemmah2h:~# successful
start umount_rootfs
cp: can't stat '/lib/libcrypt*': No such file or directory
Switching to user mode 2
Session closed.

&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;

After rebooting, no monkey and only HDMI/RCA video wizard on screen, no sign of grogbuild freerange just plain openatv

Grog68! Thanks for your detailed reply. I did everthing as per instructions in GBFR.
THis VU+Duo had a Vix image originally from new. To start with, I flashed it with OpenAtv 6.3 without any problem.
With screen showing OpenATV 6.3 logo, I started loading GBFR following step by step instructions via Putty (As Webif was not showing "Terminal" option).
The process went very smoothly (I had a Fat32 initialised USB at the rear slot before starting as per instuctions), each and every step was carefully followed till the end.
I must admit as I was concentrating on the Putty screen to read and follow instructions, I didnt have the chance to look at the box/TV and the monkey logo mentioned. But I did see the spinning wheel on the top left corner after it rebooted.
Now I have Open ATV 6.3 logo on the screen but no other clue to whetether GBFR has been installed or not.
Is there a way to confirm that GBFR is there? Thx

The Duo is very limited in RAM, maybe it is falling over during all the processing. If the monkey boootlogo is important, transfer it manually. You only ever see it at reboot.

@atiq1 is autobouquetmaker installed?
Are the softcams installed?

If not, it's plain openatv and grogbuild hasn't installed.
Somone else having same trouble on a H2h

The Duo is very limited in RAM, maybe it is falling over during all the processing. If the monkey boootlogo is important, transfer it manually. You only ever see it at reboot.
Abu! Monkey logo is not important as long as there is anyway I could confirm that GBFR has been installed having followed the instructions till the end

Grog does some great work to assist people. The image is still ATV and he changes a few items and install some plugins and feeds for people to make the experience easy. The image is still ATV. Techincally, he makes a settings backup and when the receiver reboots, it restores/reinstalls those items.

Can you select the skin you wanted?
Does ABM run on reboot?

Then that is a good indication the customisations have been loaded.

Personally, if I had a 10 year old receiver (thats is when it was released), i would keep it as lean as possible. You will need a swap file on the receiver.

After answering all questions and the box going through the download etc, the last part in terminal has this entry, using h2h

2020-01-16 22:29:55 (3.76 MB/s) - ‘/media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/latestimage.zip’ saved [96448579/96448579]

Archive: /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/latestimage.zip
inflating: zgemma/h3/imageversion
inflating: zgemma/h3/kernel.bin
inflating: zgemma/h3/noforce
inflating: zgemma/h3/rootfs.bin
inflating: zgemma/h3/splash.bin

ofgwrite Utility v4.5.5
Author: Betacentauri
Based upon: mtd-utils-native-1.5.1 and busybox 1.24.1
Use at your own risk! Make always a backup before use!
Don't use it if you use multiple ubi volumes in ubi layer!

Flashing rootfs
Flashing kernel
Searching image files in ./ resolved to /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/zgemma/h3
Found rootfs file: /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/zgemma/h3/rootfs.bin
Found kernel file: /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/zgemma/h3/kernel.bin
Found UBIFS rootfs
Found mounted /newroot
Found mountpoint for rootfs file: /media/hdd

Found /proc/mtd entries:
Device: Size: Erasesize: Name: Image:
mtd0: 10000000 00020000 "complete"
mtd1: 00600000 00020000 "kernel" -> /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/zgemma/h3/kernel.bin
mtd2: 0fa00000 00020000 "rootfs" -> /media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2h/latestforgrogbuild/zgemma/h3/rootfs.bin
Using kernel mtd device: /dev/mtd1
Using rootfs mtd device: /dev/mtd2

killall: CCcam: no process killed

Usage:

Options:

Usage:

Options:

killall: kodi.bin: no process killed
killall: hddtemp: no process killed
killall: transmission-daemon: no process killed
killall: openvpn: no process killed
sh: /etc/init.d/sabnzbd: No such file or directory
Stopping automount: done.
Syncing filesystem
daemonize
root@zgemmah2h:~# successful
start umount_rootfs
cp: can't stat '/lib/libcrypt*': No such file or directory
Switching to user mode 2
Session closed.

&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;

After rebooting, no monkey and only HDMI/RCA video wizard on screen, no sign of grogbuild freerange just plain openatv
Is the USB stick initialised on the box? Not FAT32?

On the usb stick, is there a an enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz file in the backup folder? if so what is the creation/modification date for it.?

I had a Fat32 initialised USB at the rear slot before starting as per instuctions),
The USB stick should be initialised on the box, it should NOT be FAT32 as per the instructions

Is the USB stick initialised on the box? Not FAT32?

On the usb stick, is there a an enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz file in the backup folder? if so what is the creation/modification date for it.?

The USB stick should be initialised on the box, it should NOT be FAT32 as per the instructions
Usb initialised on the box before pasting command line in.
Chose not to backup lines and settings
Chose 7 vmhd skin
Cable only no sat or iptv

Usb initialised on the box before pasting command line in.
Chose not to backup lines and settings
Chose 7 vmhd skin
Cable only no sat or iptv

The setup script creates the file enigma2settingsbackup.tar.gz and then restores it when it reboots. I asked if it exists and if so what date stamp, ie does it appear to be a new file? if it does exist then try 'restore settings backup'.

My own way to confirm was to try both vix and atv (GBFR) alternatively and on each occassion it was successfully installed with vix 5.2 & atv 6.3 images automatically but no monkey in sight. Gave me the relevant menu for each too.
So I can safely say that probably the sight of monkey is not important as long as Vix 5.2 or ATV 6.3 images are visible at the end.

Well no not really, openatv 6.3 has no softcams or the other plugins you might need.
I asked hours ago if these were installed

Just one quick question! with OpenAtv 6.3 installed, Can I use the this VU+ Duo for IPTV subscription or do I need to install wooshbuild infinity as well for the subsciption to work?
you can run iptv on standard ATV, depending on your provider you may need to install a plugin

Back