Which antivirus?

axxxo

VIP Member
well as my mcafee is out of date i decided to go free this time and have taken advice of fellow members to try avira, so far so good!Thanks

i have avast and upgraded to the professional version "via the internet"??? have been using for over a year and find it excellent the basic version is quite good also have been also using http://www.ccleaner.com/ whish is excellent you may want to try it.

i had ccleaner before but mcafee ran regular defrags once a week and never noticed it and i did disk cleanups myself so i uninstalled it,might get it again!

i find it ok definitley removes the cr*p but every so often i format my hard drive just to totally clean everything i also use adaware pro and have run other programmes to check this and find adaware quite good but have always had problems with spybot have you used it?

anytime ive come across spybot i remove it from peoples pc's ive fixed in the past, i call it a friendly virus, does no damage but definately does no good!!!
windows defender is quite usefull but once you have good av no need to worry about anything else!

definitely is a very heavy apllication well in my experience anyway and most certainly slows down resources.

well as my mcafee is out of date i decided to go free this time and have taken advice of fellow members to try avira, so far so good!Thanks

You cant go wrong with the avira antivira axxxo .
It comes highly reccomended by our own pc guru :)
Ive never had a problem with it.

got a second lease of life there noely...ill google that and see what its like is there a basic and pro version of it?

I use the free version of Avast!, thus far it has worked great. I also run SuperAntiSpyware free edition. I used to use AdAware, but after the last update it kinda pist me off as it would not quit trying to run in the background no matter the settings, so it went the way of the Dodo.

I use AVG on my desktop along with Comodo firewall. I bought the paid version of SuperAntiSpyware, multi-copy version, and have that installed on both my desktop and laptop. I have ccleaner on both also.

I have Norton on my desktop, but they have gotton on my nerves lately with their automatic renewal. I had 30 days left on my subscription, and they decided to go and charge me for another year. Have 299 days to go before I uninstall it.

I used to use adaware a couple years ago, but the latest version at the time conflicted with a few programs I had running, and kept freezing after its scan, so I kicked it to the :shit: pile, and haven't used it again.

Last edited:
I have avira antivir personal, and malwarebyte's antimalware, as recommended by our pc expert, and i'm very happy with them. :)

I had gotten a virus while using avast but d4rkn1ght sorted it out for me and recommended using avira instead.

I use the free version of Avast!, thus far it has worked great. I also run SuperAntiSpyware free edition. I used to use AdAware, but after the last update it kinda pist me off as it would not quit trying to run in the background no matter the settings, so it went the way of the Dodo.

i found the pro version of avast quite easily through the net (free) i also use the adaware anniversery edition its quite good and a fairly light application the version just before that was a bit of a nightmare :hammer:

Back