Who is the best player you've ever seen.

Italian league in the 90s was untouchable. Best talent were all playing in that league. Such an amazing league with world class players all over that league.

No league has really come close when you think of the sheer talent playing at that time in Italy.

Italian league in the 90s was untouchable. Best talent were all playing in that league. Such an amazing league with world class players all over that league.

No league has really come close when you think of the sheer talent playing at that time in Italy.
Was that channel 4 stuff? I was too busy watching United win doubles n trebles and steamrolling opposition into oblivion.

The rat munchers were starting that glorious run of 30 years with no title, the rent boys had no crooked russian owner and the bertie magoo's were in the old division 2 with crowds under 10,000.
Can't recall who their manager was but pick one from these muppets Peter Reid, Howard Kendall, Tony Book, Alan Ball, Steve Coppell, Brian Horton, Asa Hartford, Phil Neal or Frank Clark.

Last edited:
Maybe grahamer67 has seen him play but he was certainly before my time, the late great Jimmy Johnstone...voted Greatest Celtic player of all time. In terms of dribbling with the ball he's up there with the best. Just after Celtic won the European cup they played Real Madrid for Alfredo di Stefanos testimonial in the Bernabeu and the wee man got a standing ovation from the 130,000 home fans for his performance on the night. Madrid goalkeeper said he's the best player he ever played against.
Never seen him play but I had the honour of meeting him. In 1983 our supporters club put on a film show in our main leisure centre, showing the 1967 final in colour, we had special guests over for the event, in the morning we had Jimmy along with Sean Fallon and a few guys from the Celtic view, later on that evening, not long before the event was to start, our other guests arrived Paul and Willie mcstay and Jim mcinally, it was a great night until about 11pm when two groups of moranic fans , both from the north of the city decided to have a riot, blood, guts and snotters everywhere, flying tables and chairs. The next day was pretty good though, we had a dinner in a south belfast hotel for our members and our special guests, before they all flew back home to scotland on the Sunday evening.

Back