Why do i always need to import epg everytime i turn on my vuplus box

sammer

I have try many settings but the epg wont import automatic, i use epg-importer
can somone help me please

Do you have a time set for the import ?

Is your box in standby or deep standby ?

When you absorb/obtain/download EPG it is held in RAM. On a graceful shut down, i.e you use the menus, EPG will be saved to the storage device and will be loaded on restart. Killing the power interrupts that process, so please do as suggested by WIllo. You could also leave box in deep standby and not kill the power. Deep standby uses about 1w

There are also options for importing on booting up and also whether to download during deep standby.

I always turn off on my box on night time
I hadn't thought about that 🤦‍♀️i assumed it wasn't updating over night.

Maybe next time ,when you ask for help, give a bit more information about the problem, it may get you the answer quicker, without a 100 questions first.

Looks good.

Set your bouquets to update at midnight or similar. If you use Jedi plugin it's in the settings.

If you are using Rytec EPG, best to do it after 09:00. They upload at ~06:00, so 01:00 is not the best idea in my opinion. Please ignore if you are not using Rytec EPG.

Which image are you using? Name and version please. Just to check that you have one that deals with the corrupt EPG.

If you are using Rytec EPG, best to do it after 09:00. They upload at ~06:00, so 01:00 is not the best idea in my opinion. Please ignore if you are not using Rytec EPG.

I didn't know that about the Rytec epg, every day a learning day. Never had any issues though before. thanks @Abu Baniaz

@sammer you might wanna change the option on "start import after booting up", if you want to switch your box off, so it updates the epg when you switch the box on.

Back