Wi-Fi Extender Issues

Reading more about hub 5 seems strangely its better than hub 4 but still wouldn't trust that.

Thrid party router is best course if you want to go that route or other best option is a good quality mesh system which would be able to give you strong connection and speeds in your house and also in your office.

Yeah, that was my thinking, possibly use them with a new router, just wonder if it would all work with the new router in the media wall?

If the extender is switched off in the office I have no Wi-Fi.
get a mesh system deco m4 are cheap.

get a mesh system deco m4 are cheap.
Thanks urie. I've been having a look at one of these systems on Amazon (TP Link). They look decent with good coverage. Reviews from people saying they now get a good signal in their garden etc which sounds good.

Have you got one of these systems, if so had it helped get a signal in a loft, garden, outdoor office or similar?

I'm now thinking this is the best option instead of getting new extenders or a new router. Just hope I could have one of these next to my router in media wall, maybe another in the kitchen, then the last in the office. Many reviews speak about rubbish ISP routers and this solved the problem.

Thanks urie. I've been having a look at one of these systems on Amazon (TP Link). They look decent with good coverage. Reviews from people saying they now get a good signal in their garden etc which sounds good.

Have you got one of these systems, if so had it helped get a signal in a loft, garden, outdoor office or similar?

I'm now thinking this is the best option instead of getting new extenders or a new router. Just hope I could have one of these next to my router in media wall, maybe another in the kitchen, then the last in the office. Many reviews speak about rubbish ISP routers and this solved the problem.
Yes I have the twin pack, with one unit in living room other unit in upstairs bedroom.

i use a TP link on my pc as it hasnt got a wifi adapter, and saves running a ethernet lead around the house, TP link plugged into mains with a small ethernet lead into pc, works perfectly

i use a TP link on my pc as it hasnt got a wifi adapter, and saves running a ethernet lead around the house, TP link plugged into mains with a small ethernet lead into pc, works perfectly
I have used TP-Link power line adaptors before and yes they are ok as long as it is on same electrical circuit, with a mesh system this does not matter , you connect first mesh unit to router via ethernet connection and plug it into mains power supply , you plug other units into power sockets where you need them then you can connect to these units via ethernet cable or wifi but the network link does not go via electricity cables like power line but is via wifi so you are not limited to same electrical circuit.

Just a quick update on this. Went for the TP Link mesh system (Deco M4). Set up easy enough, put my VM router into modem mode then went through the app instructions. So far excellent. No WiFi drop outs, great signal everywhere. So far so good. I'll update again in maybe a week or so to truly evaluate it. Thanks again everyone for their help.

Just a quick update on this. Went for the TP Link mesh system (Deco M4). Set up easy enough, put my VM router into modem mode then went through the app instructions. So far excellent. No WiFi drop outs, great signal everywhere. So far so good. I'll update again in maybe a week or so to truly evaluate it. Thanks again everyone for their help.
That is good to hear that you went for mesh and everything is working ok :smiley:
(y)

Meant to get back to this thread earlier than this but quite a bit going on of late.

Anyway, the mesh system hasn't skipped a beat, been absolutely perfect. Just shows you how rubbish the supplied Virgin router is. I'd highly recommend this mesh system to anyone.

Back