WiFi Mesh System Query

I had the same issue with the Hub 3, the firesticks in the bedrooms would regularly loose connection.

I got the Deco S4 3 pack off Amazon and no issues since, they are on sale for £95 at the moment. Just avoid the Deco E4 if your BB is faster than 100mb as that is the limit on the Ethernet port on them

Don't have spare cable mate and tbh we had house done nearly 12 years ago and still all is in prestine condition so can't lift carpets to take cable upstairs.

So thought mesh systems are best possible option with how highly people talk about them and have no issues really since getting them.

Do appreciate the kind offer mate. Thanks anyway.

You should really consider just running the cable outside of your house to upstairs mate. Seems like you're wary how well Mesh is going to work and nothing will beat going hard wired. A second router hard wired to your main router in cable mode is going to be much better than Mesh/Powerline etc. How much damage can you do running a cable from outside your house? Seriously worth considering.

You should really consider just running the cable outside of your house to upstairs mate. Seems like you're wary how well Mesh is going to work and nothing will beat going hard wired. A second router hard wired to your main router in cable mode is going to be much better than Mesh/Powerline etc. How much damage can you do running a cable from outside your house? Seriously worth considering.
Too much hassle running cables from outside to upstairs rooms and back room downstairs.

No doubt hard wired is best connection no disputing that.

Not wary of mesh system in fact read alot about them and seem to be great systems. Rock solid connection and near max speeds around the house which is what I want. Was just garnering opinions from those here who have mesh systems that's all.

Have an idea which model to go with now just awaiting price.

Too much hassle running cables from outside to upstairs rooms and back room downstairs.

No doubt hard wired is best connection no disputing that.

Not wary of mesh system in fact read alot about them and seem to be great systems. Rock solid connection and near max speeds around the house which is what I want. Was just garnering opinions from those here who have mesh systems that's all.

Have an idea which model to go with now just awaiting price.

Surely if you have a router placed upstairs as well you only need one cable running from outside your house?

Either way, grab the a few mesh systems of Amazon and try them all out for a few days. Find out which one works best. Send them all back and wait for a deal to pop up lol

Surely if you have a router placed upstairs as well you only need one cable running from outside your house?

Either way, grab the a few mesh systems of Amazon and try them all out for a few days. Find out which one works best. Send them all back and wait for a deal to pop up lol

As said before I'm not really Intetested in a high end third party router and seems a bit complicated.

Be numerous cables that have to be run from outside also.

Others might have this setup and may be best for them but I can't be arsed with this long procedure.

As said before I'm not really Intetested in a high end third party router and seems a bit complicated.

Be numerous cables that have to be run from outside also.

Others might have this setup and may be best for them but I can't be arsed with this long procedure.

I'll come round mate. Take me all of a hour to drill a hole and feed a few cables through it for you. Be a tidy job. Also, have you checked your ventilation points? Might not even need a hole lol.

If your fed up poor wifi connection then just go wired. Once you've gone wired you're setup forever then and will work a hella lot more stable then the mesh system you're getting....

I'll come round mate. Take me all of a hour to drill a hole and feed a few cables through it for you. Be a tidy job. Also, have you checked your ventilation points? Might not even need a hole lol.

If your fed up poor wifi connection then just go wired. Once you've gone wired you're setup forever then and will work a hella lot more stable then the mesh system you're getting....
To be fair a decent mesh system will give you the same speeds all over the house if done correctly. But if latency is important to you may be factor.

To be fair a decent mesh system will give you the same speeds all over the house if done correctly. But if latency is important to you may be factor.

Any wireless mesh network will lose speed each hop because of the overhead.

Nothing will beat the stability/speed of being hard wired. The mesh system will have some drop I gurantee. Even if it's negligible and that's with it done right. Done half hearted or on a budget without a decent setup expect heavy drops.

I’ve done that on our hold house bright purple ethanet up and over roof into bedroom is well worth it.
I had already mentioned to ck buy a set of 2 mesh discs and try them if you like them bonus if not send them back but one thin go @channelking hasnt mentioned is how much he is willing to spend

I’ve done that on our hold house bright purple ethanet up and over roof into bedroom is well worth it.
I had already mentioned to ck buy a set of 2 mesh discs and try them if you like them bonus if not send them back but one thin go @channelking hasnt mentioned is how much he is willing to spend

Nothing will beat it mate. I'd rather run a cable then having several Mesh systems scattered all over the gaff taking up power....Not only that the Mesh systems will be inferior.

Thanks for the offer mate my mate who is engineer said he would do the same job but I said to leave it atm lol and trust me I know wired is best setup and always will be compared to WiFi but mesh systems are so easy to setup and do a good job for stability and speed wise. Well the more high end ones do anyway.

I'm fairly confident my mate that deals with buying and selling products in bulk will sort me special price on the mesh lol.

Do wish when had whole house done a decade or so ago had whole house hard wired. Was a thick cant back then also that it never came to me do it and still eats away that big mistake on my part.

Not just dead spot get weak signal and poor speeds back room and most of upstairs with the shiite VM hub 3
I have VM hub3 and I must say best thing I ever bought were deco m4 just twin set even on my phone my wifi speed doubled in speed upstairs and also got five port hub upstairs comming off the deco to my other devices via ethernet , my only problem is vpn I did get asus rt-ac68u off very kind and respected member on here.

To try and setup vpn on that still have not maneged yet setting m4 deco up as access point (need the wife to disappear for few days) give me a chance to get things sorted out without her moaning internet not working :ROFLMAO:

I have VM hub3 and I must say best thing I ever bought were deco m4 just twin set even on my phone my wifi speed doubled in speed upstairs and also got five port hub upstairs comming off the deco to my other devices via ethernet , my only problem is vpn I did get asus rt-ac68u off very kind and respected member on here.

To try and setup vpn on that still have not maneged yet setting m4 deco up as access point (need the wife to disappear for few days) give me a chance to get things sorted out without her moaning internet not working :ROFLMAO:
Install ASUSWRT - Merlin Merlin Firmware on your Asus RT AC68U, as installing a VPN on it with this firmware is so easy.

I don't know about setting up your Deco's up as access points through your ASUS router though or wether it can even be done:unsure:

Install ASUSWRT - Merlin Merlin Firmware on your Asus RT AC68U, as installing a VPN on it with this firmware is so easy.

I don't know about setting up your Deco's up as access points through your ASUS router though or wether it can even be done:unsure:
Absolutely no problem adding vpn to the asus router it is setting it up with the deco mesh system i.e. VMHUB 3 (in Modem Mode) then asus router then first deco then other deco upstairs.

Absolutely no problem adding vpn to the asus router it is setting it up with the deco mesh system i.e. VMHUB 3 (in Modem Mode) then asus router then first deco then other deco upstairs.
Got ya, but can this be done with the ASUS and Deco, I am not sure myself, I have my VM hub (as you) in modem mode an my Asus 88U doing all of the work with and 86u upstairs connected via AIMESH which works a treat, I am just not sure about the Deco's being put into the mix and if it will work.

It would be interesting to find out if you mange to get it set up and how well it works if at all (y)

Ah right so you have mix of mesh system and third party router. Complicated set up lol.
no not at all I Am just trying to get all devices going through router for vpn , no problem with android you can just stick vpn app on same with windows , but for myself I have zgemma h9 combo I get faster speed with vpn on that with 100 mb lan than I do on gigablue with 1gb lan card honestly think it is just down to zgemma h9 combo having quad proccessor rather than dual on the gigablue uhd quad 4k.

Got ya, but can this be done with the ASUS and Deco, I am not sure myself, I have my VM hub (as you) in modem mode an my Asus 88U doing all of the work with and 86u upstairs connected via AIMESH which works a treat, I am just not sure about the Deco's being put into the mix and if it will work.

It would be interesting to find out if you mange to get it set up and how well it works if at all (y)
I know woody6222 did have the asus connected to vm hub3 but not sure if deco mesh or Alimesh.

We have a DECO P9 triple pack, one links to the router then their are two other ones around the house. Each one has ethernet ports you can hard wire to devices, they are also supposed to link to the main base unit via the powerline aswell as wifi.

I am very happy with them, we don't seem to have dead spots around the house no more, well worth the investment. much better than the wifi extenders we tried to use. I think they have been around for a while, so not sure if there are newer/ better models outs there now. for example, they don't support wifi 6.

TP-Link Deco P9 mesh router review: blanket your whole home in speedy Wi-Fi

Not sure about channelking requirements but for normal use the m4 Decos are great if I was just using firestick or androind tv for iptv no problems at all but I do like the option to have all on my enigma2 boxes save switching devices.

Back