WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

I will remove "permanentvfdclock" and try it now boxes are up to date. Will report back! PS Enjoy the beer 🍺

No vfdcontrol showing in systemplugins
You could try installing it then Rich

(and thanks very much for the donation to my server fund, much appreciated (y) :smiley:)

Done that update now box stuck on 49

Reflash from scratch then, you should still be able to connect via putty.

vfd control added but didnt stop the clock problem, it just randomly hangs. Mrs S spent an hour or longer thinking it was 20:33 on Friday. Taken it off again and added Permanentvfdclock again. Seems ok then. Not sure why only an issue that I am seeing, its the sort of thing folks would complaint about unless it catches up after a while so you have to notice it. That was the H7 but I have done the same fix on both the H7 and H2S. The only thing now is in the early hours 01:15 where 01 is up to noon, the clock flashes the "0" of the time on and off every so often, its been like it for a year + now and first world problems. I can live with it.

vfd control added but didnt stop the clock problem, it just randomly hangs. Mrs S spent an hour or longer thinking it was 20:33 on Friday. Taken it off again and added Permanentvfdclock again. Seems ok then. Not sure why only an issue that I am seeing, its the sort of thing folks would complaint about unless it catches up after a while so you have to notice it. That was the H7 but I have done the same fix on both the H7 and H2S. The only thing now is in the early hours 01:15 where 01 is up to noon, the clock flashes the "0" of the time on and off every so often, its been like it for a year + now and first world problems. I can live with it.
The present Mrs willo would soon get Mr willo to rectify any issues.She wares the the trousers in that household 🤣

I'll have a look next time I get the H2H out Rich (y)

If it's like the Dinobot 4K, the Android system is on a completely separate partition that doesn't get touched by flashing E2 images.

Just wondered with the android side of things. The only thig atv has over vix is that terminal (openwebif) works a hell of a lot better than on vix
The terminal for openwebif, is part of openwebif plugin and should behave exactly the same no matter which image it it is being used on. What is not working properly on Vix?

ViX doesn't have all the openwebif packages installed on a fresh flash, just openwebif itself.
I'm fairly sure openwebif terminal has to be installed from the plugin menu.

EDIT: the below packages are NOT installed by default:

1630918850369.png

ViX doesn't have all the openwebif packages installed on a fresh flash, just openwebif itself.
I'm fairly sure openwebif terminal has to be installed from the plugin menu.

EDIT: the below packages are NOT installed by default:

View attachment 64966
Its a right pain in the rear installing from plugiins to. You have to reboot the box after it installs and it gets stuck on the loading page.

I didn't think a talented ViX man would be messing about with openwebif terminal when putty or telnet is so much easier.
You sure you haven't installed an ATV build? evil laugh.gif

I didn't think a talented ViX man would be messing about with openwebif terminal when putty or telnet is so much easier.
You sure you haven't installed an ATV build? View attachment 64967
I set that zgemma h9s se running like a dream on 3 images and android to willo.I will upload some stuff on it later as loads seem to struggle with it. Very impressed with such a small box and zap times are superb and picture quality is excellent. Packs a punch for £60.

I set that zgemma h9s se running like a dream on 3 images and android to willo.I will upload some stuff on it later as loads seem to struggle with it. Very impressed with such a small box and zap times are superb and picture quality is excellent. Packs a punch for £60.
Is it just tested on the freeview sat :LOL: or has it spun a motor around.

Would not work with my motors the amperage it outputs is just not enough. Sent mine back.

Is it just tested on the freeview sat :LOL: or has it spun a motor around.

Would not work with my motors the amperage it outputs is just not enough. Sent mine back.
Must be the engineer setting it up :LOL: Runs my motorised ok and as the old saying goes a bad workman always blames his tools.

Back