WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

Must be the engineer setting it up :LOL: Runs my motorised ok and as the old saying goes a bad workman always blames his tools.
Yeah i know nowt :confounded:

Ive 2 motorised dishes at first both seemed to be moving without issue then the problems started intermittent movement, measured the amperage output 215ma.

Not enough, maybe i got a bad box who knows. I declined a replacement and took a refund.

Yeah i know nowt :confounded:

Ive 2 motorised dishes at first both seemed to be moving without issue then the problems started intermittent movement, measured the amperage output 215ma.

Not enough, maybe i got a bad box who knows. I declined a replacement and took a refund.
Bit like over at DW always teething problems FEZ 🤪

Had same issues with the original H9 strangely no such issues with the H7 or any of my other numerous boxes.

Its a right pain in the rear installing from plugiins to. You have to reboot the box after it installs and it gets stuck on the loading page.

Yes I can confirm that it gets stuck on the installation and you have to manually power off the box.
It works when the box reboots though. I've tried it on 2 boxes and both the same.
I'm trying it on plain vix now to make sure it's not something I've done.

EDIT: No, still hangs on plain ViX.

Yes I can confirm that it gets stuck on the installation and you have to manually power off the box.
It works when the box reboots though. I've tried it on 2 boxes and both the same.
I'm trying it on plain vix now to make sure it's not something I've done.

EDIT: No, still hangs on plain ViX.
You doubting the moshi ? Come on now lol

vfd control added but didnt stop the clock problem, it just randomly hangs. Mrs S spent an hour or longer thinking it was 20:33 on Friday. Taken it off again and added Permanentvfdclock again. Seems ok then. Not sure why only an issue that I am seeing, its the sort of thing folks would complaint about unless it catches up after a while so you have to notice it. That was the H7 but I have done the same fix on both the H7 and H2S. The only thing now is in the early hours 01:15 where 01 is up to noon, the clock flashes the "0" of the time on and off every so often, its been like it for a year + now and first world problems. I can live with it.
Once you installed vfdcontrol did you actually configure it in MENU > SETUP > USER INTERFACE > LED DISPLAY SETUP?
It works fine on mine.

1631465048748.png

There is indeed , I've been using OpenATV for quite some time , 6.4 and now 7.0 beta.

Tiviar has 3 tuners , 2 satellite and 1 terrestrial Saorview for ROI.

Lol. Does it work with Saorview for ROI ?

Also if moving from OpenATV , do I do a flash usinf Putty and not restore settings ?

I'm pretty sure it will work with SaorView, others will know.
Just follow the instructions, you can't restore settings from ATV.

Okay , flashed it , it's stuck on plugin restore screen for last 45 mins and doesn't seem to be getting past it.

seems odd? just pull the power and see what it does on reboot.

EDIT: Sorry, mea culpa. I left the command to install openwebif terminal in and it doesn't work. Try flashing again now.

Last edited:
Thanks it's working now , Saorview also worked.

One question , where do the artworks on the home menu page come from and is there a way to disable them. They show various movies and tv show artworks

I would have to think about that one. There were so many times that the images wouldn't change back in the day that I've built failsafes in all over the place to update them hourly.
Never had anyone want to disable them before.
Personally I use the Simple Ten Eighty skin.

Back