WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

Hi,I have wooshbuild infinity installed on my Octagon sf8008, now it's working fine but I know that it's no longer supported so I was thinking of installing Willobuild onto my box but before I do can someone tell me what the advantages of willobuild are compared to wooshbuild?
Also after the installation would I have to get my supplier to add my line again?

Hi,I have wooshbuild infinity installed on my Octagon sf8008, now it's working fine but I know that it's no longer supported so I was thinking of installing Willobuild onto my box but before I do can someone tell me what the advantages of willobuild are compared to wooshbuild?
Also after the installation would I have to get my supplier to add my line again?
You can put willobuild on another partition on that box, I have grogbuild, willobuild, openatv 7,2, and open pli on each of the 4 partitions on my octagon.

I have no idea what's happening there :unsure: I've flashed my AX61 several times today using the script.
He's getting the error because his box date is set to December 2020 (check error screenshots)

The security certificate on openvix isn't valid until August of 2022

Common name: *.openvix.co.uk
SANs: *.openvix.co.uk, openvix.co.uk
Valid from August 3, 2022 to September 4, 2023
Serial Number: 35eaf60e5dbf91cd6348b637
Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
Issuer: AlphaSSL CA - SHA256 - G2

He's getting the error because his box date is set to December 2020 (check error screenshots)

The security certificate on openvix isn't valid until August of 2022

Common name: *.openvix.co.uk
SANs: *.openvix.co.uk, openvix.co.uk
Valid from August 3, 2022 to September 4, 2023
Serial Number: 35eaf60e5dbf91cd6348b637
Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
Issuer: AlphaSSL CA - SHA256 - G2
Nicely spotted! :laughing: I would never have spotted that!

You can put willobuild on another partition on that box, I have grogbuild, willobuild, openatv 7,2, and open pli on each of the 4 partitions on my octagon.
I'm a real noob when it comes to this and forgive the daft question but why would you need 4 different builds on one box ?

I'm a real noob when it comes to this and forgive the daft question but why would you need 4 different builds on one box ?
If you have an octagon sf8008, then you should really be using that box to its full potential, you can always flash the other partitions with an online flash, via the blue button.

If you have an octagon sf8008, then you should really be using that box to its full potential, you can always flash the other partitions with an online flash, via the blue button.
Got a new one in a box under the tv i cannot bare to part with my Xtrend ET 8500 its been faultless for a few years and i love the LCD screen.

tbh all I really want is to be able to watch tv and record some programs, I can understand why Willo3092 has different images on his box but as I said I really just want to watch tv :LOL:

At the very least it's worth flashing another partition with a backup of your existing image for disaster recovery.

I have a five door hatchback.
Sometimes I get bored with the drivers side door and climb in through the boot and over the back seats.
Pointless having them if I'm not gonna use em

At the very least it's worth flashing another partition with a backup of your existing image for disaster recovery.
Again sorry about this question but how do you flash another partition? I did install the wooshbuild but I did it by following the guides on the wooshbuild thread on this site :unsure:

No signs of any cannabis on that shelf unless its a liquified version in that jam jar bottle :sneaky::whistle::sneaky::ROFLMAO: Looks like it has a mouth sucker on the end. The chap in the LCD screen looks a bit stoned :whistle:

Some of my vape gear is up there. That's an atty stand for rebuilding coils :whistle:
..... My weed is under the bed!

tbh all I really want is to be able to watch tv and record some programs, I can understand why Willo3092 has different images on his box but as I said I really just want to watch tv :LOL:

Best to have other builds, mainly as a back up, for instance if on openatv 6.4 and you used the E2iplayer plugin, then it stopped working, but if on 7.2 openatv then it does still work with a little bit of tinkering about, I have something on all 4 partitions, but I only ever use 2 of them, Grogbuild freerange and Willobuild.

Again sorry about this question but how do you flash another partition? I did install the wooshbuild but I did it by following the guides on the wooshbuild thread on this site :unsure:

The image manager in ATV 6.4 doesn't look very straightforward to me. Doesn't seem to be any other option but to flash ATV variants unless you add an image manually.

Best way imho is to use putty with a script. It will ask you which partition to flash.

Back