WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

Again sorry about this question but how do you flash another partition? I did install the wooshbuild but I did it by following the guides on the wooshbuild thread on this site :unsure:
Try the blue button, then flashlocal/ online image, see if openatv 7.2 is there, if so try and install it on a different partition, also make sure you have your current image backed up.

The image manager in ATV 6.4 doesn't look very straightforward to me. Doesn't seem to be any other option but to flash ATV variants unless you add an image manually.

Best way imho is to use putty with a script. It will ask you which partition to flash.
Couple of questions if I may.
1, how do I know which partition to flash?
2, if I have two partitions when I start the box which build come on?

Again sorry about this question but how do you flash another partition? I did install the wooshbuild but I did it by following the guides on the wooshbuild thread on this site :unsure:
When you flash any image (using a multiboot device) it asks you which partition you want to install it on

Couple of questions if I may.
1, how do I know which partition to flash?
2, if I have two partitions when I start the box which build come on?
In your standby/shutdown menu there's an option to view partitions and boot into a different one

I've followed the instructions at the first page of this thread, I've connected via putty and copied the script into putty and started the flash, I entered the # for the box (11-Octagon) and the # for the model (1-sf8008) entered partition # 3 (I figured that would be and empty partition) and everything seems to go according to plan, the two white bars appear on the tv screen to show it's flashing, then it doesn't reboot, nothing happens the tv/box just continues with the program that's on?
I must have done something wrong ?

I've followed the instructions at the first page of this thread, I've connected via putty and copied the script into putty and started the flash, I entered the # for the box (11-Octagon) and the # for the model (1-sf8008) entered partition # 3 (I figured that would be and empty partition) and everything seems to go according to plan, the two white bars appear on the tv screen to show it's flashing, then it doesn't reboot, nothing happens the tv/box just continues with the program that's on?
I must have done something wrong ?
Did you have an initialised usb in the box before you started?
The flash files have to have somewhere to be stored before flashing commences.

Have you tried rebooting into the other partition that you have just flashed to?

Use the standby/reboot menu to change partitions/ operating systems

The flashing process on Grogbuild will not change the boot option. Even flashing using GUI on ATV/PLI will not force a reboot. Follow Pabloescaban's advice about multiboot image selector. Otherwise reboot into recovery mode, it should offer you an option of which partition to boot into.

I am using vix6.3 with willobuild on zgemma h9twin it works very well with just one issue
I can't get cache flush to show in plugins it is listed as a user installed extension on the box but doesn't show in plug ins.Any ideas how I get it to show so I can use it?

I am using vix6.3 with willobuild on zgemma h9twin it works very well with just one issue
I can't get cache flush to show in plugins it is listed as a user installed extension on the box but doesn't show in plug ins.Any ideas how I get it to show so I can use it?

I've hidden it evil laugh.gif
Press MENU > SETUP > SYSTEM

then press blue button and scroll down to 'Setup CacheFlush' and then press the yellow button and then the green button to save settings.

I'd already set it to what, imho, I consider to be optimal settings.

Did you have an initialised usb in the box before you started?
The flash files have to have somewhere to be stored before flashing commences.

Have you tried rebooting into the other partition that you have just flashed to?

Use the standby/reboot menu to change partitions/ operating systems
I have usb hdd that I use for recordings, I was assuming this would do ?
I have rebooted but it doesn't give me an option of what partition to boot to, it just boots into wooshbuild.
I will try the standby/reboot menu to see if it gives me an option.
Thanks again for all your help.

I went into the standby/reboot menu to change partition and it worked but now the box is stuck at 47 and I can't get back to the other image or connect to the box via putty ?

Quick update I was able to get back to the wooshbuild partition by holding the front button and switching on the box via the switch at the back and picking partition #1, I have to go out tonight but I will try again at the weekend (y)
Thank you so much to everyone that has helped me this far, I really appreciated it 😜

Attachments

• Willo build.jpg
    Willo build.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Right i'm back at it again and this time it boots and I follow the tutorial from the first page of this thread and I get as far as changing the sky region to my region which is all good but then I can't find "HIDE BOUQUETS" there's no where were it says hide bouquets? Also when I get to the OPENTV FORCED DOWNLOAD and the tutorial says it takes 10-15 minutes mine does nothing just goes back to the bbc1 channel
I wonder if it's any thing to do with my line as the guy I get my line from uses the XE plugin?

Right i'm back at it again and this time it boots and I follow the tutorial from the first page of this thread and I get as far as changing the sky region to my region which is all good but then I can't find "HIDE BOUQUETS" there's no where were it says hide bouquets? Also when I get to the OPENTV FORCED DOWNLOAD and the tutorial says it takes 10-15 minutes mine does nothing just goes back to the bbc1 channel
I wonder if it's any thing to do with my line as the guy I get my line from uses the XE plugin?
Hide what bouquets?
Are you using it for Freesat or other satellite channels?
If just IPTV you don't need to set a sky region during setup

I'm using it for freesat and iptv and with out the XE plugin I can't get it configured, I have looked for the XE plugin but I can't find it.

Last edited:
Back