WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

Strange that when I first bought the box it had openvix on it suppose I'll have to stick with Grogbuild.
Thanks anyway

I installed WilloBuild with OpenVix 6.4. There were a couple of sections in the FULL INSTRUCTIONS that did not quite work as the instructions, here's some feedback/issues:
  1. I went with 1080 and did not get an option this time to adjust the screen. As a result only the bottom 3rd of the bouquet name is visible and the options at the bottom are only partially visible also.
    • I found in OpenVix Manual that you could adjust via Menu->Setup->System->User Interface>Position Setup but in 6.4 there is no User interface option under System
    • How can I adjust the screen size in the settings?
  2. Picons: show in channel list was not an option (non-issue)
  3. My storage was mounted as /media/usb, I updated the USB storage to map to /media/hdd as instructed
  4. Press blue bottom and select 'AUTOBOUQUETMAKJER SCANNER" - this step was done automatically so was not needed
  5. OpenTV forced download does nothing when selected, it goes back to BBC 1 every time it's tried. I know it's meant to last 10+ minutes whatever it's meant to do?
I think #1 is the only real issue. Any help is much appreciated!!

1. MENU > SETUP > USER INTERFACE > ON SCREEN DISPLAY (If you can't turn overscan off on your TV)

2. Picons are enabled automatically in the channel list if you've installed them from plugins.
If you want them on the grid EPG just press EPG > MENU and change service title mode.

3. I'm not sure if this is a question :unsure: but my installation files and all of my updates are downloaded to /media/hdd/

4. Step 4 just runs a scan. To change your TV region and bouquets settings you need MENU > SETUP > TUNERS & SCANNING > AUTOBOUQUETSMAKER

5. OpenTV Zapper downloads UK satellite EPG and will show as a fake recording on the box. Just start a forced download and go and get a cup of tea.
It does work because that's all I use and I can't remember the last time I even did a forced download. It just runs in the background.

I make my own bouquets with Satellite and IPTV and use satellite references for the IPTV and it works well.

1_0_19_F0D_7E9_2_21_0_0_0_20230731202038.jpg

As a settings restore was done, the resize wizard was not shown. Maybe a slight edit in instructions is needed.

As in above post, best to disable overscan/just scale/scale to fit on TV.

Re comment/query 3. Looks like the mountpoints has been a hurdle. Might be a receiver specific issue that will need looking at further. It is why I posted to issue the df -Th command, it shows the devices connected, what file system and which mountpoint is used.

As a settings restore was done, the resize wizard was not shown. Maybe a slight edit in instructions is needed.

As in above post, best to disable overscan/just scale/scale to fit on TV.

Re comment/query 3. Looks like the mountpoints has been a hurdle. Might be a receiver specific issue that will need looking at further. It is why I posted to issue the df -Th command, it shows the devices connected, what file system and which mountpoint is used.

My understanding with these instructions is restore will always be done so that option never shows then.
usb points to hdd now:

root@formuler1:~# df -Th
Filesystem Type Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs ubifs 437.4M 193.7M 243.6M 44% /
devtmpfs devtmpfs 157.0M 4.0K 157.0M 0% /dev
tmpfs tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
tmpfs tmpfs 157.1M 47.9M 109.2M 30% /var/volatile
/dev/sda1 ext4 230.7G 101.0M 230.6G 0% /media/hdd
root@formuler1:~#

1. MENU > SETUP > USER INTERFACE > ON SCREEN DISPLAY (If you can't turn overscan off on your TV)
Great, that worked well (no option on TV), thanks.
2. Picons are enabled automatically in the channel list if you've installed them from plugins.
If you want them on the grid EPG just press EPG > MENU and change service title mode.
I have not found that option in the menu yet.
4. Step 4 just runs a scan. To change your TV region and bouquets settings you need MENU > SETUP > TUNERS & SCANNING > AUTOBOUQUETSMAKER
Sorry, my point was that the step can be removed or rewritten form the instructions as it's done automatically via the step before and you do not need to do manually,
5. OpenTV Zapper downloads UK satellite EPG and will show as a fake recording on the box. Just start a forced download and go and get a cup of tea.
It does work because that's all I use and I can't remember the last time I even did a forced download. It just runs in the background.
Ok, I tried it twice before. You get no feedback on the screen. Is there any way of checking that it was done?
I make my own bouquets with Satellite and IPTV and use satellite references for the IPTV and it works well.
I have found that I selected my Freestats bouquets in the wizard but they were all put into the one FreeStat with the Sky (ROI) Bouquets created separately.

BBC Red button bouquet is gone :-(

Also, is there a way of getting rid of all the duplicate channels? e.g.

1690834371182.png

Last edited:
My understanding with these instructions is restore will always be done so that option never shows then.
usb points to hdd now:

Great, that worked well (no option on TV), thanks.

I have not found that option in the menu yet.

Sorry, my point was that the step can be removed or rewritten form the instructions as it's done automatically via the step before and you do not need to do manually,

Ok, I tried it twice before. You get no feedback on the screen. Is there any way of checking that it was done?

I have found that I selected my Freestats bouquets in the wizard but they were all put into the one FreeStat with the Sky (ROI) Bouquets created separately.

Is there a way of getting rid of all the duplicate channels? e.g.

View attachment 92505
go into autobouquetsmaker providers section and setup you region for freesat uk save it the rescan with autobouquetsmaker

Edit forgot to say in autobouquetsmaker goto hide sections and select Regional and any other categories you do not want displayed

Last edited:
@boardtc in autobouquetsmaker providers section you can also select create sections bouquets rather than have just one, without selecting that you will not have option to hide sections.

go into autobouquetsmaker providers section and setup you region for freesat uk save it the rescan with autobouquetsmaker

Edit forgot to say in autobouquetsmaker goto hide sections and select Regional and any other categories you do not want displayed
My error, when I went into the maker all my selections were retained. I had Freetstat set to main only and regional set. Here are my settings. On this 2nd run the only chnage I made was main bouquet from All to FTA HD, this brought in 51 channels, including all the BBC1 regions.
So regions still showing as before and no bbc red channel, that's all I have noticed.
1690838659320.png

@boardtc in autobouquetsmaker providers section you can also select create sections bouquets rather than have just one, without selecting that you will not have option to hide sections.
I created the sections in the Sky section as a lot of them overlapped, is there a way for sky and freestat to mix in sections from this setup?

I created the sections in the Sky section as a lot of them overlapped, is there a way for sky and freestat to mix in sections from this setup?
You have Freesat UK to scan London BBC/ITV?
This is where you set it to ROI or wherever you're region is.
If you want sections, entertainment, news, kids etc you don't have 'main' set to yes

My error, when I went into the maker all my selections were retained. I had Freetstat set to main only and regional set. Here are my settings. On this 2nd run the only chnage I made was main bouquet from All to FTA HD, this brought in 51 channels, including all the BBC1 regions.
So regions still showing as before and no bbc red channel, that's all I have noticed.
View attachment 92508
here is what i have set

Attachments

• Providers_Settings-1.jpg
    Providers_Settings-1.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Providers_Settings-2.jpg
    Providers_Settings-2.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 17
You have Freesat UK to scan London BBC/ITV?
This is where you set it to ROI or wherever you're region is.
Yes, that's as selected. An alternative would be Northern Irl but I am happy to get the main BBC. In the Sky section, there is an ROI option that I have selected (above).
If you want sections, entertainment, news, kids etc you don't have 'main' set to yes
if I do that will the sections combine with the Sky ones? That would be ideal. Is that the only way to get the BBC red button back?

Yes, that's as selected. An alternative would be Northern Irl but I am happy to get the main BBC. In the Sky section, there is an ROI option that I have selected (above).

if I do that will the sections combine with the Sky ones? That would be ideal. Is that the only way to get the BBC red button back?
Sky ones?
You mean Freesat or IPTV?
Normally each provider (Freeview, Freesat, IPTV etc) have all their bouquets together, that is, all your Freesat first, then all the saorview bouquets then your IPTV bouquets.
If you want them mixed you may need to do this manually

Sky ones?
You mean Freesat or IPTV?
Normally each provider (Freeview, Freesat, IPTV etc) have all their bouquets together, that is, all your Freesat first, then all the saorview bouquets then your IPTV bouquets.
If you want them mixed you may need to do this manually
So, my settings (above) have Freesat and Sky (I am not aware of IPTV), though the sections are similar if not the same I kind of assumed they would not be combined which is why I went with Freesat in main and Sky split out. Otherwise, there would be a lot of sections, not sure what is best, personal choice I guess, but I want to avoid manual stuff. I'll give sections in both a try later. Maybe that way I'll get the BBC red button also?

So, my settings (above) have Freesat and Sky (I am not aware of IPTV), though the sections are similar if not the same I kind of assumed they would not be combined which is why I went with Freesat in main and Sky split out. Otherwise, there would be a lot of sections, not sure what is best, personal choice I guess, but I want to avoid manual stuff. I'll give sections in both a try later. Maybe that way I'll get the BBC red button also?
You can only get Freesat as far as I'm aware, there's nothing clears on sky apart from FTA channels.
BBC red button is on my Freeview, maybe you'll get it on your saorview?
To check if it's in the list, go to BBC1, press the down arrow and choose ALL and Bbc RB may be in the list

Back