WilloBuild Willowbuild & Setting Up IPTV

Blizzard17

Afternoon

So after playing around with Grogbuild I wanted to test Willowbuild out and compare the two...

With willowbuild the setup is great but wanted to know is there any easier way to setup the IPTV? To manually enter the detials using Jedi App including the URL and login detials is a pain using the remote and takes far to long..Whereas Grogbuild can copy and paste them details in the initial setup..

I take it I use the the following plugin Jedi for IPTV?

Or has someone manged to find an easier way?

Regards

J

Attachments

• 20220321_115312.jpg
    20220321_115312.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
You can FTP etc/enigma2/jediplaylists then add your url to playlists.txt

You can also use xstreamity plugin this is a player rarther than bouquets I find it useful for VOD. Playlist files goes in etc/enigma2/xstreamity

You can FTP etc/enigma2/jediplaylists then add your url to playlists.txt

You can also use xstreamity plugin this is a player rarther than bouquets I find it useful for VOD. Playlist files goes in etc/enigma2/xstreamity
FTP what would be your walk through for that? I rather use Jedi than use a player as would like everything to run same as grogbuild

FTP what would be your walk through for that? I rather use Jedi than use a player as would like everything to run same as grogbuild
You can use FileZilla on pc to go through files in the box.

You need to setup a password on your box. Menu, setup, network, password.

On FileZilla add up address of your box username root then enter your password. Click connect then you can goto etc/enigma2/jediplaylists and edit the playlists.txt

Alternatively in network menu, utilities check samba is running.

You should be able to access box via windows explorer on left goto network

1. Enter the address in the Host field.This is the IP address of your receiver
  2. Enter root in the Username field.
  3. Enter your password in the Password field.
  4. Enter a port number in the Port field. Port number is 21
  5. Click on Quickconnect.
  6. Bottom right window named Filename navigate to etc/enigma2/jediplaylists
  7. Right click jediplaylists and select edit, paste in your line

Ok thanks for your advice I got the correct line added into jediplaylists.txt file I can see that in playlist I have the line in there tells me how many active connections I can have extra..The Green Light is showing as active..

I press OK to create a bouquets, green to continue, can see the bouquets all ticked..Click Green for Create..Now its currently downloading data.. How long does this part normally take?

Regards

J

Ok thanks for your advice I got the correct line added into jediplaylists.txt file I can see that in playlist I have the line in there tells me how many active connections I can have extra..The Green Light is showing as active..

I press OK to create a bouquets, green to continue, can see the bouquets all ticked..Click Green for Create..Now its currently downloading data.. How long does this part normally take?

Regards

J
No more than 3-4 minutes.
Don't forget to enable provider epg' and use epgimporter to import the EPG data

You can use FileZilla on pc to go through files in the box.

You need to setup a password on your box. Menu, setup, network, password.

On FileZilla add up address of your box username root then enter your password. Click connect then you can goto etc/enigma2/jediplaylists and edit the playlists.txt

Alternatively in network menu, utilities check samba is running.

You should be able to access box via windows explorer on left goto network
All worked thanks for that what a right pain lol

1. Enter the address in the Host field.This is the IP address of your receiver
  2. Enter root in the Username field.
  3. Enter your password in the Password field.
  4. Enter a port number in the Port field. Port number is 21
  5. Click on Quickconnect.
  6. Bottom right window named Filename navigate to etc/enigma2/jediplaylists
  7. Right click jediplaylists and select edit, paste in your line
Thanks for the walk-through

OK so after tweaking a few things I managed to get the epg guide all done...Had to manually change the Jedi settings to also pull down the VOD & Series categorys as these where switched to No..No idea why its set like that..

So now that's all sorted my next issue is I have managed to display Freesat, Sly & IPTV channels in the EPG menu all I wish to have displayed is the IPTV sections?

But also is there away to have each category on its own section in the epg menu? Similar to wooshbuild? See picture with red circles for what I am after

Attachments

• 20220321_140639.jpg
    20220321_140639.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 59
  • 20220321_140620.jpg
    20220321_140620.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • 20220321_140612.jpg
    20220321_140612.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 54
That was a hack to show the categories. It used to work on ViX and ATV but I don't think it works on any of the modern python 3 images.
You can still change bouquets using the next/previous bouquets button.
Not very often I use the full epg tbh. From watching TV I press the yellow button to pick a bouquet and select a channel from there.
If I want to see the whole epg for that channel I just press the left button next to the OK button.
To see now next and later for all channels I press the up button.

Yeah the categorys worked on Wooshbuild but as time went on things changed i guess.I have to say the skin on willowbuild is outstanding but to actually get the IPTV section all setup is a nightmare and time consuming..Where as grogbuild has that all setup as part of the installation so very little input is needed...If you could incorporate the IPTV setup like grogbuild I think your have a nice little build..That's personal preference though..Other than that it's been great to test it out..Grogbuild won it for me so just restoring it back to that now to just make one final decision.

I would say around 70 percent of our forum users who run enigma 2 boxes use openatv mostly because pre build's like woosh and grogbuild are based on them. I have tried pretty much everything and always come back to openvix it's so reliable and user friendly. Just my input 😄

Yeah the categorys worked on Wooshbuild but as time went on things changed i guess.I have to say the skin on willowbuild is outstanding but to actually get the IPTV section all setup is a nightmare and time consuming..Where as grogbuild has that all setup as part of the installation so very little input is needed...If you could incorporate the IPTV setup like grogbuild I think your have a nice little build..That's personal preference though..Other than that it's been great to test it out..Grogbuild won it for me so just restoring it back to that now to just make one final decision.
How would you compare grogbuild to willobiild first impression. Both are very well done just to add.

How would you compare grogbuild to willobiild first impression. Both are very well done just to add.
First impressions I love how Willowbuild looks openvix does look better in my mind than openatv.
Grogbuild comes second as grogbuild is a pre-build and easier to setup no wasting time to get something setup..

Both builds are great don't get me wrong each one has there own strong points for me its got to be grogbuild for the time beginning lol

Unless willowbuild can Incorporate something in the initial setup for IPTV like grogbuild then I would move over to willowbuild 100%

First impressions I love how Willowbuild looks openvix does look better in my mind than openatv.
Grogbuild comes second as grogbuild is a pre-build and easier to setup no wasting time to get something setup..

Both builds are great don't get me wrong each one has there own strong points for me its got to be grogbuild for the time beginning lol

Unless willowbuild can Incorporate something in the initial setup for IPTV like grogbuild then I would move over to willowbuild 100
Using these boxes it's good to know how to maintain them and it didn't take you long to add the details into Jedi for the IPTV. Once you can FTP to the box it's pretty simple to customize everything as you like it

Wooshbuild and Grogbuild are only setup for users of the All4one plugin as far as I know :unsure: and I'm not sure that works on python 3 images. In fact I'm sure it doesn't.
I don't think Wooshbuild will ever be updated to python 3 because it seems not to be maintained any longer.
Grog will almost certainly update when python 3 ATV is the stable version and the bouquet description in the epg will no longer work unless someone updates it.

My build has Xstreamity and JediMaker installed as default which seems to suit most people.

Last edited:
Back