Windows 10 Windows 10 to be free as upgrade to all windows 7 and 8 license holders

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Microsoft has announced that it will be offering Windows 10 as a free upgrade to anyone with a Windows 7 or 8 license for the first year after it's official release.

Read More:...

Does anybody know, how many version of Windows 10 will be avaliable ? In terms of Home Premium, Professional, etc ?

Does anyone know if this includes OEM licenses versions of Windows 7 i.e. the copy of Windows 7 that came with the new PC I'd bought?

Does anyone know if this includes OEM licenses versions of Windows 7 i.e. the copy of Windows 7 that came with the new PC I'd bought?

Yes it does.

You should get a notification on your computers like this

20549d1433264815-reserve-free-upgrade-get-windows-10-windows-7-8-1-a-getstartedapp_image_1x.jpg

You then click on that and reserve your free upgrade. When available it will automatically download and you can install the upgrade.

If you have not got the notification you can sort it by using these links

Link 1
Reserve your free upgrade:

or

Link 2
Help I don't see the free upgrade notification:

The window of opportunity to upgrade free to Windows 10 is one year from release, so there is no panic, you have a year to avail of it but if you haven't availed of it within that time frame you will have to pay for it.

The free upgrade is for the life of the device but some people misunderstood the one year window of opportunity to mean the license was only free for one year. The one year is the time by which you have to upgrade before Microsoft start to charge for it.

If you have an older laptop with a Nvidia graphic card be aware default driver loaded by Windows 10 will not allow you to adjust screen resolution... I cannot find a compatible driver to download...so back to windows 7..

ive seen all kinds of problems on various tech sites with win10.still think its a good os but i recommend waiting to install until the bugs are worked out.we have a year people.

ive seen all kinds of problems on various tech sites with win10.still think its a good os but i recommend waiting to install until the bugs are worked out.we have a year people.

Not only that Aldan but I just hate those in place upgrades. The only way to install an OS is clean ;)

agreed.im thinking that,just like previous versions of windows,there will be tweaks for win10.i think there is already a way around compulsory updates.i run older hardware and yes,windows 10 is supposed to be faster than win7 but i have win7 tweaked to run faster on my hardware so until i can do the same with 10 i will wait.

Back