Windows 11 Windows 11 Upgrade?

all this will it won't it run chat, simple question for those that have upgraded, is it worth going from 10 to 11?
I did a clean install, i like it but its mainly a cosmetic refresh, if you are expecting some mazing new features you will be disappointed, its no faster or slower in real world usage but overall worth it

My pc is approx 9 yrs old, running great! and i know some would say...if it ain't broke then don't fix it, have pondered for some time about a new desktop, i built it myself, added bits and replaced old over the years, i have it set up just the way i want it, it's obviously not compatible for Windows 11, and the firmware for bios is no longer supported, Having read some of the more recent posts i'm concerned if i purchased a more recent pc would it be compatible for Windows 11?
Do i build my own...or pick spec out to a customised pc?
It's not an urgent thing as i say it's running great, but as time moves on i can't help but feel swayed i the direction of a replacement pc with decent enough spec to support Windows 11,
does anyone recommend anything ie offers, sites, other?
Cheers (y)

My pc is approx 9 yrs old, running great! and i know some would say...if it ain't broke then don't fix it, have pondered for some time about a new desktop, i built it myself, added bits and replaced old over the years, i have it set up just the way i want it, it's obviously not compatible for Windows 11, and the firmware for bios is no longer supported, Having read some of the more recent posts i'm concerned if i purchased a more recent pc would it be compatible for Windows 11?
Do i build my own...or pick spec out to a customised pc?
It's not an urgent thing as i say it's running great, but as time moves on i can't help but feel swayed i the direction of a replacement pc with decent enough spec to support Windows 11,
does anyone recommend anything ie offers, sites, other?
Cheers (y)

I have always built my own system, but last year I decided to try an ex-business Dell, and I have to say I have not looked back. My old system is upstairs running plex server only.

The Dell I got was a Quad core i54590 with 32GB RAM. It does not have the TPM2 to run Win 11, but I am currently running Win 11 with the firmware TPM, and it runs beautifully. Cost £230 on Amazon and I could never have built a system for that price, with the spec this unit has. Granted, the hardware is older spec than todays, but it does what I need and then some.

I have always built my own system, but last year I decided to try an ex-business Dell, and I have to say I have not looked back. My old system is upstairs running plex server only.

The Dell I got was a Quad core i54590 with 32GB RAM. It does not have the TPM2 to run Win 11, but I am currently running Win 11 with the firmware TPM, and it runs beautifully. Cost £230 on Amazon and I could never have built a system for that price, with the spec this unit has. Granted, the hardware is older spec than todays, but it does what I need and then some.
I'm the same. Stuck SSD's in it instead of HDD's and it's totally silent and runs like a dream.
I don't suppose it would be any good for gamers but that's not my thing anyway.

1639929821343.png

Decent spec however I would say £230 was slightly expensive though. For what you got.

The CPU is coming up 8 years old. Thing is you would bottle neck the CPU long before you max out the 32GB ram so it’s kinda overkill on the ram side. If it works for you though then great. That’s the main thing.

Personally For £230ish I would of got a budget Ryzen system that would be a lot more snappier running with the latest hardware.

I'm the same. Stuck SSD's in it instead of HDD's and it's totally silent and runs like a dream.
I don't suppose it would be any good for gamers but that's not my thing anyway.

View attachment 69228

Them 4790 were flagships when they came out. My mate had a 4790K and overclocked the shit out of it. Ran at like 99 degrees lol

Back