Wolves and the premier league.

7th in the league and Nuno looks like he's starting to find his best 11.

Halfway through the season and i can honestly say i am frightened of nobody in the prem :)
Fair play to wolves just shows how underestimated the big teams take upcoming teams as easy wins they did a number on us hope they keep the momentum going as its comping to the important time of the league now

Maybe you need to read your own posts back - the top 6 aren't crying foul and you're not upsetting the cosy status quo at the top end of the division. That's the problem with making pre-season predictions and crowing as if they've come true after a handful of games, once the league settles down you end up looking silly and no amount of condescending comments can distract from the fact you spoke absolute rubbish.

so, halfway point of the league and wolves currently sit 7th.

thats the problem with making condescending comments at the beginning of november.

many of the top 6 clubs were in the news pre-season reportedly preparing to ask the premier league to investigate if there was any foul play involved in the way wolves had conducted their business over the previous year. it didn't come to fruition, my guess is that the same was asked to the efl last year and they could find no evidence of wrongdoing.

also, if youd like to do me a favour, google "condescending" and let me know at which point in any of my posts i have been so.

UTW xxx

so, halfway point of the league and wolves currently sit 7th.

thats the problem with making condescending comments at the beginning of november.

many of the top 6 clubs were in the news pre-season reportedly preparing to ask the premier league to investigate if there was any foul play involved in the way wolves had conducted their business over the previous year. it didn't come to fruition, my guess is that the same was asked to the efl last year and they could find no evidence of wrongdoing.

also, if youd like to do me a favour, google "condescending" and let me know at which point in any of my posts i have been so.

UTW xxx

You're level on points with Watford and one win above Brighton and Hove Albion. The glory days are well and truly back and all I can do is apologise.

If I bump into you at the open top bus parade through the golden streets of Wolverhampton this weekend I'll buy you a pint.

You're level on points with Watford and one win above Brighton and Hove Albion. The glory days are well and truly back and all I can do is apologise.

If I bump into you at the open top bus parade through the golden streets of Wolverhampton this weekend I'll buy you a pint.
Think they've proved many of us sceptics wrong to be fair a couple more decent signings and there a bigger force than they are now

You were typing same time as me
I'm not saying who this reply is to :)

But its not Baz, fair to say!!! ;)

First year back up - to not be fighting for survival is a major thing, consolidate, then try improve. You need money to compete, and when the payments come through, wolves may surprise one or two by spending big.

Have done really well this season, theyre not city or liverpool, but hey, good to watch, and dangerous, ask spurs.

First year back up - to not be fighting for survival is a major thing, consolidate, then try improve. You need money to compete, and when the payments come through, wolves may surprise one or two by spending big.

Have done really well this season, theyre not city or liverpool, but hey, good to watch, and dangerous, ask spurs.
I can count on that they turned us over I've always said it's good to see promoted teams. Doing well and if ever a big club come. Calling for their manager he would be a good fit to which ever club

i'd love to see Wolves and all the new guys make it and knock all the big teams down :grin:
I know it was a one off when Leicester did the dirty buisness, but I love to see fresh faces and i love even more to see big faces smashed by nobodies, i love watching fa cup games, did'nt work tonight but i wanted Tranmere to mangle Spurs....7 - 0 quite close at the end

Any time city used to win was a giant killing, so yes, i used to lime that.... but now, ill settle for us to be winning on a regular basis.

Leicester style winning the league will only happen once in a generstion.

Oh I agree.

However, this thread was started by the op claiming wolves would have the top 6 worried, and he returned after a fraction of the season to gloat at people who'd disagreed with him.

Fair to say survival is the only objective first season back in the PL and build from there. Outlandish boasts and counting chickens partway through the season was only ever going to make his initial claim look silly imo.

Oh I agree.

However, this thread was started by the op claiming wolves would have the top 6 worried, and he returned after a fraction of the season to gloat at people who'd disagreed with him.

Fair to say survival is the only objective first season back in the PL and build from there. Outlandish boasts and counting chickens partway through the season was only ever going to make his initial claim look silly imo.

if you read the initial post my comments at the time were and still are valid.

the top 6 clubs were disputing whether to complain to the premier league in regards to our transfer policy with particular reference to jorge mendes.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nk-jorge-mendes-agent-premier-league-scrutiny

as regards "outlandish boasts" , which post(s) of mine are you referring to in particular?

i did ask you the same a few posts back regarding which of my posts were "condescending" but you failed to answer that aswell.

WAW ;-)

I'm sure the 12 below is would settle for that considering 10 of them have been in the premier League for longer than us and are allowed under EPL rules to spend more than us in our first season back?

Still no answers to my first question I notice?

Back