WooshBuild Wooshbuild Infinity Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres other chabs skins in the plugins downloads must be summet chabs hasn't got round to yet but saying that when my son used to use the red virmin skin you couldn't see what was selected because of the colour it had been set to try changing colour if you know how to I only use metrix much simpler and easier for me

Hey all,
On a new zgemma i55 running SlyQ skin I went to change skin to one of the other default WB options but when box restarts I get WB boot screen and then 1 second of iptv picture before black screen of death. No input accepted from remote. Several restarts all results in same.

Was playing with with settings beforehand but only thing I can think of I changed video settings from Basic to one of other options!!!

Totally new to WB so any support appreciated. If further info needed let me know.

Hey all,
On a new zgemma i55 running SlyQ skin I went to change skin to one of the other default WB options but when box restarts I get WB boot screen and then 1 second of iptv picture before black screen of death. No input accepted from remote. Several restarts all results in same.

Was playing with with settings beforehand but only thing I can think of I changed video settings from Basic to one of other options!!!

Totally new to WB so any support appreciated. If further info needed let me know.
Black screen of death? openATV only shows blue crash screens so it could be changing the video settings could be the issue. Changing skin will only change the appearance and not touch anything else. A skin will oly cause a crash when something is wrong with it. All of the skins we have are well tested and old so can't see it being the skin that has caused it.

With the box turned on and at a black screen, open webif, like you did during setup. This time instead of going to Terminal, click Grab Screenshot. This will show you if there is any life in your box. You can then use the "refresh" button under the screen shot to update the webif window. You can change your display settings again this way.

If you think you box is in a state beyond repair, flash it and start again.

Hi there! Reposting this here as on general skin thread did not get answers/comments. Thanks for your feedback.

Quote:

Have not been posting for a while but, would use the opportunity to congratulate Woosh, Chabs,, to name just a few, and all the other involved for achieving an outstanding result both on performance and quality of the above releases.

I’m aware that this requires months/years of passion and dedication to make it happen: THANK YOU A MILLION & BRAVISSIMI!

Thanks to you all, I have simply enjoyed during these years in bringing up to speed a relatively old box, which this way still serves me very well.

Now, due to my known limitations I have these couple of remaining issues that I’m unable to fix alone, which once resolved would make it a perfect set up so, hoping you can support me.

Here we go....

What I did:

On top of updating my box as above I have installed Chabs above skin, which might have received some automatic updates, I guess.

Unfortunately, cannot manage to get channel logos or picons anywhere, only Q with red dot mostly everywhere except for the Menu view large top picks, which seem to update.

I have run on ftp a check on my box and found out the following:

On root/

1 picon folder including a logos subfolder, last modified 30 August 2017, which seems to be the largest.

On root/hdd/

2 folders Skyq and skyQ where the Skyq is 3 years old and skyQ is shown as last modified on 29 May 2018. Both folders include respective picon subfolders but no logos subfolder.

1 picon folder including logos subfolders, last modified 1 June 2018.

My first thought is that I have too many of these folders but, which one to keep and/or delete is where I’m not sure.

I would really appreciate your help and possibly guidance to sort this out, which would really make us all very happy here.

Keep up the super work!
Cheers,
llor

Last edited by a moderator:
After putting my iptv line in the epg import is not using any of the sat uk options but the epg is not complete for some of the sat channels 5 days in the future.

By default which of the rytec uk sat/virgin xmltv options are supposed to be checked?

Attachments

• D25700EF-6DD4-448D-B415-48F0F32EFBEC.jpeg
    D25700EF-6DD4-448D-B415-48F0F32EFBEC.jpeg
    690.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi there! Reposting this here as on general skin thread did not get answers/comments. Thanks for your feedback.

Quote:

Have not been posting for a while but, would use the opportunity to congratulate Woosh, Chabs, to name just a few, and all the other involved for achieving an outstanding result both on performance and quality of the above releases.

I’m aware that this requires months/years of passion and dedication to make it happen: THANK YOU A MILLION & BRAVISSIMI!

Thanks to you all, I have simply enjoyed during these years in bringing up to speed a relatively old box, which this way still serves me very well.

Now, due to my known limitations I have these couple of remaining issues that I’m unable to fix alone, which once resolved would make it a perfect set up so, hoping you can support me.

Here we go....

What I did:

On top of updating my box as above I have installed Chabs above skin, which might have received some automatic updates, I guess.

Unfortunately, cannot manage to get channel logos or picons anywhere, only Q with red dot mostly everywhere except for the Menu view large top picks, which seem to update.

I have run on ftp a check on my box and found out the following:

On root/

1 picon folder including a logos subfolder, last modified 30 August 2017, which seems to be the largest.

On root/hdd/

2 folders Skyq and skyQ where the Skyq is 3 years old and skyQ is shown as last modified on 29 May 2018. Both folders include respective picon subfolders but no logos subfolder.

1 picon folder including logos subfolders, last modified 1 June 2018.

My first thought is that I have too many of these folders but, which one to keep and/or delete is where I’m not sure.

I would really appreciate your help and possibly guidance to sort this out, which would really make us all very happy here.

Keep up the super work!
Cheers,
llor
Hi

If you installed Infinity, you had the option of which Skin you wanted to use. If you had chosen skyQ from that list, it will install the large picons for you.

The correct folder name for large picons is skyQ and does indeed have a picon folder inside. If you are using WB7 or previous, you will need to download the large picons from the WooshBuild section of plugin downloads.

If you are running Infinity, delete both the folders you have on your HDD and install the large picons from the plugins section.

Worst case is backup your settings, delete the skyq folders on your hdd, reflash and install Infinity again selecting SkyQ as your default skin.

You want picks? Wooshbuild infinity installs them for you, seeing as you have posted in WB thread, I presume you want to do that.
Follow the instructions here - http://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-infinity-for-all-enigma2-boxes.140702/
It is not just to fix your specific problem, it will update your box(whatever it is, as you don't say) to the most modern build

Hi

If you installed Infinity, you had the option of which Skin you wanted to use. If you had chosen skyQ from that list, it will install the large picons for you.

The correct folder name for large picons is skyQ and does indeed have a picon folder inside. If you are using WB7 or previous, you will need to download the large picons from the WooshBuild section of plugin downloads.

If you are running Infinity, delete both the folders you have on your HDD and install the large picons from the plugins section.

Worst case is backup your settings, delete the skyq folders on your hdd, reflash and install Infinity again selecting SkyQ as your default skin.

Thanks Woosh! Great to hear from you.

Sorry..I missed this:

Zgemma h2s atv6.2/WB Infinity/Chabs skyq 2.005-iptv: no ch. logos/picons;

Now....understood the skyQ and SkyQ part...and what should I do with picon folders on root:/ and on root:/hdd/? Leave/delete?

what should I do with picon folders on root:/ and on root:/hdd/? Leave/delete?
If you are reflashing your box then it will be deleted and picons automatically installed to your USB device.

If you are not reflashing: green button -> Red button -> picons -> select and remove any picon sets you have in there.
Once removed
Green button -> Green button -> Picons -> Install the latest picons pack (enigma2-plugin-picons-snp-full.220x132-220x132.light.on.transparent) When asked, select the USB location to install them to.

Hope this is right place looking for some info please I set up a box for a friend it's a h2s with infinity on it great job by the way. I set it up as iptv only as I don't have sat cables can he add this option or do I have to go through set up again also can resizing be done to suit his tv or through set up again.
Any help would be much appreciated

Hope this is right place looking for some info please I set up a box for a friend it's a h2s with infinity on it great job by the way. I set it up as iptv only as I don't have sat cables can he add this option or do I have to go through set up again also can resizing be done to suit his tv or through set up again.
Any help would be much appreciated
Do the following steps:
Green button -> Green button -> systemplugins -> Autobouquetsmaker -> OK and select yes
Restart the box
Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetsmaker -> Providers -> Select SkyUK -> -> Regions need oto be set to his region with custom at the end -> Green button to save.
Start scan

If you are reflashing your box then it will be deleted and picons automatically installed to your USB device.

If you are not reflashing: green button -> Red button -> picons -> select and remove any picon sets you have in there.
Once removed
Green button -> Green button -> Picons -> Install the latest picons pack (enigma2-plugin-picons-snp-full.220x132-220x132.light.on.transparent) When asked, select the USB location to install them to.

Woosh, thanks!

After removing both SkyQ and skyQ folders and removed picon snp&srp plugins, I’m getting ready to reflash infinity, having already atv 6.2 onboard. One last thing, shall I also remove the picon folder under root:/ this includes also logos subfolder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back