Wooshbuild Support Thread

Hi, I have a ZGemma H2S running Wooshbuild 5.3 and SkyWB skin.
Everything is working perfectly except when I press EPG the screen displays FTA style epg layout instead of SkyWB layout.
Planner, infobar & everything else is as it should be, it's just the EPG screen.

Hi, I have a ZGemma H2S running Wooshbuild 5.3 and SkyWB skin.
Everything is working perfectly except when I press EPG the screen displays FTA style epg layout instead of SkyWB layout.
Planner, infobar & everything else is as it should be, it's just the EPG screen.

No need to reply, it's sorted now. Thanks.

Hello.
I had a problem withe my Zgemma star s box using IPTV m3u script when the supplier overdid the vod bouquets and crashed my box and the only way was to reflash it.
I was on 5 and then it updated to the latest version ok.
I have not put the IPTV m3u on the latest updated box just my sat line ccam.
My issue is that i i download torrents on the pc and ftp them over to the zgemma so i can watch them later. Ever since i updated some of the files will play for about 10-15 secs and then the picture freezes and the circle spins and then the box will freeze.
The only way to get it going is to turn it off and reboot. If i try a different file it will work ok.
It maybe that the files are a strange codec that the wooshbuild/zgemma will not play but i am pretty sure i never had this issue on version 5.
The usb was the same one i used on ver 5 but on the latest was all formatted when reflashing and i have used it to record and playback sat channels ok.
Is this a known problem with the latest version and is there a way of knowing what files (avi. mp4.) will work ok and /or how to check the souce files pleas.

It will play most files as standard but not the newer h.265 encoded stuff. You say if you try a different file it works which I would say points to the file / encoding.

Also you say you are copying via ftp, why not just copy it across the computer network. If you can see it in your computer network. ftp isn't needed.

OK so update it and see if that works.

IPTV Player is a third party app which is added because it is good. It isn't something we have any control over.

Darn I have tried that,
Suppose you wouldn’t know there web link so I can enquirer with them

When you go to iptv player, does it not prompt you to update? - not wooshbuild itself but the player / streams etc?
When you hit iptv player and it loads, press menu again and it may give you another option to update

On your other post you mention vodafone is this a new provider. If so i would log into your account and make sure any blockers are turned off first

When you go to iptv player, does it not prompt you to update? - not wooshbuild itself but the player / streams etc?
When you hit iptv player and it loads, press menu again and it may give you another option to update
Yeah I have selected the big green arrow and updated to latest version but with success

It will play most files as standard but not the newer h.265 encoded stuff. You say if you try a different file it works which I would say points to the file / encoding.

Also you say you are copying via ftp, why not just copy it across the computer network. If you can see it in your computer network. ftp isn't needed.

Thank you for your reply.
The version showing in the info is Ver 6.1 and i dont know if that is the latest one.
All the video files i use are .264 .
Last night i wiped the usb using unmount, clearing swap file and then erased all contents(cant remember the correct action used) and the rebooted the box and mounted the drive and put swap file back.
After 1 hour i used filezilla to transfer 2 video files to Zgemma usb.
The ist video played ok but the 2nd was 50 mins long i left it playing while watching normal tv and it was still going when i went to bed.
I got up a 5AM and the box clock shows 22:37 and it has frozen as it's just the picture showing and no buttons work.
Both files are x264 AAC and 1024w by 576h. I am going by the file properties as i dont know how to get better details.
As for different files type playing recorded tv works ok.
You mention about ftp, my pc and zgemma are in the same room and after i have got the tv prog i use Filezilla to sent over the files to the usb which is connected at the back of the Zgemma. I have used this way for over 2 years and it works ok.
I dont have my pc on for long periods and i find it easier to do it that way.
You said about if i can see my computer network ftp is not isn't needed. i use Filezilla to connect from pc to Zgemma and transfer video from pc to box.
Do you mean that i am doing things wrong and that i can use Zgemma box to get the video files off the pc without using Filezilla/ftp or am i getting this all wrong.

Thank you for your reply.
The version showing in the info is Ver 6.1 and i dont know if that is the latest one.
All the video files i use are .264 .
Last night i wiped the usb using unmount, clearing swap file and then erased all contents(cant remember the correct action used) and the rebooted the box and mounted the drive and put swap file back.
After 1 hour i used filezilla to transfer 2 video files to Zgemma usb.
The ist video played ok but the 2nd was 50 mins long i left it playing while watching normal tv and it was still going when i went to bed.
I got up a 5AM and the box clock shows 22:37 and it has frozen as it's just the picture showing and no buttons work.
Both files are x264 AAC and 1024w by 576h. I am going by the file properties as i dont know how to get better details.
As for different files type playing recorded tv works ok.
You mention about ftp, my pc and zgemma are in the same room and after i have got the tv prog i use Filezilla to sent over the files to the usb which is connected at the back of the Zgemma. I have used this way for over 2 years and it works ok.
I dont have my pc on for long periods and i find it easier to do it that way.
You said about if i can see my computer network ftp is not isn't needed. i use Filezilla to connect from pc to Zgemma and transfer video from pc to box.
Do you mean that i am doing things wrong and that i can use Zgemma box to get the video files off the pc without using Filezilla/ftp or am i getting this all wrong.

There is no reason why WB7 (OpenATV 6.1) would have this problem. If you want to send a link to a torrent you have downloaded, one which doesn't play properly, I am sure a few users will download and test for you. This is the best way to work out if it is your end or WB7.

FTP
No, you just don't need to use FTP as you can copy the files across to your box like you would to a USB stick.

Look in network
Double click zgemmah2s (or other box name)
Double click the Hard Drive folder - This is now your USB drive.
Open the movie folder and copy your file across.

You have full access to the box as if you would using ftp.

It is up to you how you copy files from your computer to box but ftp is overkill for such a simple operation in my opinion.

upload_2018-3-15_8-37-4.png

upload_2018-3-15_8-37-24.png

upload_2018-3-15_8-38-20.png

upload_2018-3-15_8-39-10.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-15_8-36-19.png
    upload_2018-3-15_8-36-19.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Darn I have tried that,
Suppose you wouldn’t know there web link so I can enquirer with them
You would know if IPTV Player wasn't working as everyone on here would be posting about it. We use it every day using various sources on there, it is working fine.

Have you tired uninstalling it, deleting the IPTV Player folder on the USB called "IPTVCache" - you can find this by using the Dream explorer plugin. The restart and then re-install.

Didn't realise WooshBuild was broken to fix.

Can you record those service refs if using a clean setup of OpenATV 6.1?

I ask as WooshBuild doesn't change anything, it is just things put into one place (WB Config) to make life easier. It is a standard OpenATV version with bits added.

If there is a patch which will allow recordings on 4097, 5001 and 5002 I will be happy to add it.

Last edited:
Sorry woosh didn’t mean to imply wooshbuild was broken, I think it is an issue with a lot of images just wondered if you’d guys knew of any patch to allow recording of service refs 5001/5002

Hey guys updated to wooshbuild 7 added my newcamd.list all channels came on so watched tv for about 4 hours went to bed got up no channels working mgcamd cam says no new ecm info now the thing is i have another box in the other room all channels running fine using mgcamd although the other box is not on wooshbuild 7

Back