Wooshbuild Support Thread

He said with ipab tv but I want try wooshbuild as it looks more stable
Regardless of what image you are using the IPTV providers should always be able to give you full instructions on how to add their service to your box, it shoulnd't be build specific.

Go back and tell them you are not running ipab so how do you install it. Have you paid for it? If not consider a test from different providers and see what works with the image you choose. It isn't for an IPTV provider to dictate what image use, it is for them to be able to provide IPTV, they are IPTV providers after all.

If you haven't paid for it and they can't give you instructions, personally I would go elsewhere with someone who can supply IPTV.

I am currently having the problem when I try to reflash my vu+ box with Wooshbuild v7 that I get to the Easy Setup screen and select regional settings, then get an Error, 'Download Failed!! HTTP Error 403: Forbidden'. I have read on here that disabling the ISP security features bypasses the error. I am currently unable to see the security features as I'm in the middle of a contract renewal but can anyone confirm if this resolves the 403 Error. Thanks in advance.

same thing happened to me and a fellow member pointed me in the right direction, dont know if its the same thing but i had to go into my internet and turn off web safe virus, then i was able to re flash, then i turned the web safe back on again, but as i say i dunno if its the same.

I'm going to check that once BT get my contract renewal sorted, they told me I won't be able to see my broadband extras (web protection and parental controls) until my new contract starts
type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2 for most routers. in your browser and get into your bt hub that way and see if you can turn them off

type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2 for most routers. in your browser and get into your bt hub that way and see if you can turn them off
Tried that last night but couldn't see where to switch the security settings off, it's a home hub 6. Will have another look tonight to see if I can see anything else.

Login to BT Home Hub 6 Router
Open a web browser, such as Google Chrome, and enter the IP address of your router in the address bar.

IP address:
Username:
none
Password:
printed on router
Preconfigured wireless settings
SSID:
On a sticker on the router’s case
Password:
On a sticker on the router’s case

IMPORTANT INFO

With Sky moving channels around you may find that BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 etc are all in the wrong places.

To fix this do the following from full screen TV:

Green button -> Select Autobouquet E2 -> Press the menu button -> Find "Channel Swap" and change it to No
Press OK 3 times to start a new scan running.

Once the scan is finished your channel numbers should be in the right places.

@wooshman , Even if it were possible for you make your above post appear as a wallpaper on the users PC, bet you anything you like, there will still be questions posted akin to :- "Where's my BBC2, ITV, etc. gone?"
Wait and see.......

BTW, I tried to flash WB last night but it would not complete, got msg. like "Forbidden site" or something like..........
:grin::grin::grin:

I like the red as it like a telling off lol.

I read it as it was meant, and then I re-read it and took it as if you meant it so I am the Muppet this time. As I always say though, it won't be the last time.

But you are right, it won't matter how many times something is posted, people will still post underneath it asking how to resolve it.

Hi folks - Been trying to upgrade WB to v7 but getting the 300Mb needed error. I've a Tb HDD attached which has loads of capacity. Have checked the FAQs and Manual and searched the threads but no joy. Can anyone point me to a thread I've missed or any ideas how I fix it. Cheers for the advice on the channel changes as well - got that fixed OK.

Hi folks - Been trying to upgrade WB to v7 but getting the 300Mb needed error. I've a Tb HDD attached which has loads of capacity. Have checked the FAQs and Manual and searched the threads but no joy. Can anyone point me to a thread I've missed or any ideas how I fix it. Cheers for the advice on the channel changes as well - got that fixed OK.
Turn the box off, remove the HDD then turn the box back on an wait for it to boot fully. Then plug the drive back in. Go through the steps again and it should work.

Hi got zgemma h2 box using iptv all ok bar vods soon as you start watching any film or box set vod they freeze and you cannot get back out of them you have to switch box off and restart to use remote ,,, also got a h2h and that works lovely on vods any one help or know a cure please using wooshbuild image thanks mial

IMPORTANT INFO

With Sky moving channels around you may find that BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 etc are all in the wrong places.

To fix this do the following from full screen TV:

Green button -> Select Autobouquet E2 -> Press the menu button -> Find "Channel Swap" and change it to No
Press OK 3 times to start a new scan running.

Once the scan is finished your channel numbers should be in the right places.

Thanks for this wooshman, it has worked for me to an extent, I have the channels in the correct order but not the hd versions. I assume the swap swapped in hd versions. Is this a fix that will happen or do I need to do it myself? If so what's the best way?

Hi, using WB V7
used wooshmans instructions above to put my channels in order which worked but no HD on the council channels like BBC ONE SCOTLAND HD, STV HD etc. how do i correct this please?
regards,
:-)

If you want to be brave, turn the channel swap back on and then run a full scan again.

If this doesn't work, WB Config has the option to let WooshBuild handle channel swaps. If this is set to No, enable that and do a channel scan again.

Just my tuppence worth, thanks WM for again the great advice. It’s truly appreciated.
Yes my channels have also gone scrambled for the HD, but they are all there, I’m personally selecting them one by one so I can press NEXT button and select them later. Yes a bit of an inconvenience, but come on, can’t really grumble too much surely??

Looking forward to hearing more about the fix. In the meantime, it’s only a little pain in the bum

This morning I updated the swap files and tested on my own box.

Turn on the channel swap option again, save and do a full scan. If this doesn't work, look in WB Config and make sure "WooshBuild handles channel swaps" is enabled then do a channel scan from WB Config with the yellow button.

This should do the trick.

Back