WooshBuild v1 - Open ATV 5.1 Image - An image for Zgemma H2 and H2S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really simple guide to follow, but I had to use cute FTP to email the newcamd.list and the other files over as the batch file didnt work (Windows 10)

Really simple guide to follow, but I had to use cute FTP to email the newcamd.list and the other files over as the batch file didnt work (Windows 10)

Well done and thanks for the feed back.

That's interesting and wonder if you need to allow the windows FTP client firewall rights first.

Out of interest, can you run it again please and see if it works the second time. Presuming you allowed it access if it asked the first time round.
-------------------------------------

I just ran it on my misses laptop knowing that will have never run the windows FTP client and the Windows Firewall message popped up. I got her to click the Allow Access button and it went through without issue.

Maybe others can report back on this please.

The instructions at step 6 have been updated to warn about the Firewall popup and the action to take.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Well...... I thought it would work on the 2s too so it was listed as such but I received a nice PM yesterday saying, among other things, it wouldn't. I asked why and had the following info given to me.

2s h1 h2 and S models are known as sh1 receivers, the image is in Zgemma/sh1 folder.
The h.2s, h.2h and h.S models are known as h3 receivers, the images for these are in the Zgemma/h3 folder.

Now they are a good source of information so I am not doubting them at all, but just passing on the info now that the question has been asked. So from that info I presume if your folder structure is like mine: Zgemma/h3/ It should work... but don't hold me to that other than the H2S as that is what it was built on.

Thanks for the info.
Will look at the file structure and check it out.
The worst I can do is to brick the box if it doesn't work...lol

First off thanks for the image I have just tried it out and all looks good. Took a bit of tweaking for me as used micro sd for swap file, time shift and epg... Then external hdd for recordings only... Just can't get my head around how I enter my line details. I am used to CCcam.cfg files and using FTP to put them on the box. Is there any way I can do that or do I have to use the guide provided? Not sure if I put my line details in a camd.list file and swap that with the one on the box... Sorry but confused here just can't figure it out.

Instructions look great. Ordered my box today as an upgrade from my F5S. Quick question that may seem daft to most, my line info is in a config file called CCCamm.cfg. Should I just copy this file in as part of the line copy routine or rename it to a .list file or just change the connection string in the example file to match mine. I hope this makes sense
Cheers

OK - CCcam.cfg files can be transferred using the included transfer folder.

The rest of the instructions for that section tell you what to do once you have transferred your cccam.cfg file.

This is the bit you will need:

If your file is a "cccamd.list"
Press the right arrow button to change "Select Cam 1" to read CCcam 2.3.0

Intructions have been updated to include CCcam.cfg files.

Last edited:
Worked for me thanks wooshman, I changed my CCcam.cfg to cccamd.list and whacked that bat file and bingo... Took a minute but away she went! Cheers for the quick reply :grin:

Managed to download the image in the end - SOme sort of problem with the techkings site.

The install went well as instructed. The post is a very good idiots guide and I now have an epg and channels etc.

However, I have yet to see any TV, even the free to air stuff? In the setup guide it said that after flashing I would immediately see BBC1, which I did not. Selecting any terrestrial channel through the EPG or TV just gives me the Open TV 5.1 backdrop. Nothing chnages - the screen doesn't even attempt a black background!!!. Any thoughts? I wanted to get terrestrial working before I started looking into getting lines etc.

I presume you have your sat cables plugged in? top left, bottom right? I am also presuming your screen, when pressing EPG, looks like the screen shots provided in the instructions? And lastly I presume you are using a Zgemma H2S box?

When the box gets flashed with the image and first boots up it actually has no choice but to display BBC1 HD or at worst a black screen.

Maybe it is worth starting from step one again?

Hi Wooshman, great tutorial, worked fine for me. However I'm having a problem with my line. My provider just sent me the details I didn't get a file.
I can edit the ones in the folder but I'm not entirely sure what I need to edit out.
You have:
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300 (does this need to be in?)
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000 (and this? I think mine is N:)
#CWS (what's this?) = dydns.org 14444 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 #example# (I understand these and can change to what is mine)

#CWS = dydns.org 14444 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 #example# (I understand these and can change to what is mine)

If your line details look similar to the bottom line of the newcamd.list file, you should be able to delete the entire contents of the file and simply paste yours in there. Save and click the Line_installer.bat file. Then continue to follow the instructions.

If your line details look something like:

C: me.server.dyn 12000 user1 pass1 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
or
N: something.server.com 12000 user1 pass1 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

create a text file called CCcam.cfg in the "Put your cam line on Box" folder, paste your details into it, save and then run the Line_Installer.bat file

I have now included an example CCcam.cfg file in the download and updated the instructions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back