WooshBuild v1 - Open ATV 5.1 Image - An image for Zgemma H2 and H2S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's my box ordered. Payed for next day delivery so hopefully here tomorrow. Just to clarify how big does the flash drive have to be for flashing the image. I have a 32gig for epg and time shift and all that but what about flashing. I have a 1gig. Is this big enough?
Thanks

I'm just not sure if I have to add a .cfg or .list file to the keys folder... Or delete stuff that's there and type my lines into one of the existing folders
my image supports both cccam.cfg files and newcamd.list files.

I only use one line but can't see why it would be any different to your previous image but not 100% sure. If you used to use a cccam.cfg file with all three lines in, do the same again and copy that to your usr/keys folder.

If you used to use a newcamd.list file, do the same as before with the file and copy that to the usr/keys folder. You will however need to also copy the mg_cfg file into the usr/keys folder. This file is in the "Put your cam line on Box" folder you downloaded with the image.

You can leave the other stuff in the usr/keys folder as it is all .sample stuff so is ignored.

If you still have problems, maybe an experienced user will be able to help more with multiple lines.

Just to clarify how big does the flash drive have to be for flashing the image. I have a 32gig for epg and time shift and all that but what about flashing. I have a 1gig. Is this big enough?

The image itself is only 69mb so pretty much any usb drive will do the trick.

Thanks whooshman for a great walk through. Flashed my box tonight and followed your instructions. In my epg page I can only see free to air programs ,I can see the name of the channel ie sky sports 1 but no programs . I haven't got a line yet and wonder if this is the reason?

It says i need a post count of 1 or more and yeah i have activated my account. Will leave it a while and see what happens, dying to get my new box set up though lol.

Thanks whooshman for a great walk through. Flashed my box tonight and followed your instructions. In my epg page I can only see free to air programs ,I can see the name of the channel ie sky sports 1 but no programs . I haven't got a line yet and wonder if this is the reason?

Good job Ron, thanks for the feedback. Did you do the Download Now bit on the CrossEPG section? I ask because a friend of mine missed it completely.

Setup the CrossEPG settings and then press the Red button to go back, then move down the menu to Download now and select that. Your TV screen will change to radio, you will see data download messages etc and then it will flick to TV, then back to the menu. At this point you can exit right back to the TV and test your EPG again.

Last edited:
Thank you whoosman for this great guide, have set it up tonight and its looking good but am struggling to get to grips with installing a line. Do i need to download anything for it to work or am i just to follow your guide? Sorry if it sounds daft but not to clued up on this.

Thank you whoosman for this great guide, have set it up tonight and its looking good but am struggling to get to grips with installing a line. Do i need to download anything for it to work or am i just to follow your guide? Sorry if it sounds daft but not to clued up on this.

Your line supplier will have sent you either some files or just some details.

With those files you put them into the "Put you camline on your box" folder and click the line_instter.bat file. Then follow the instructions for that step.

If you just got details, you can open and edit either cccam.cfg or newcamd.list file. Save and run the .bat file again.

If you have any problems, there have been a few posts like yours in here, so have a look through first, failing that, post and I am sure someone can help. Search the forum as it is a common question. My .bat file simply saves you from having to FTP the files across yourself.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated. Finally managed to get it working.

I am also wondering if it's possible to get a plugin for watching 3 o'clock games and such and also is IPTV the best for movies etc?

Got the dish up on the wall and reading a good signal on the meter but then after disconnecting the meter and connecting the full length cable it was showing no signal on the box, thought it might be a dodgy connection that I've disturbed whilst swapping connectors about so had a fiddle with the dish and can't get any signal at all now on the meter or box!

Even snipped the cables and reattached all the f connectors and no joy but tbh it was raining and dark so I may have missed something

Anything else obvious to check tomorrow whilst realigning the dish?

Wooshman just want to say thanks, I'm new to all this but managed to set my box up following your tutorial. Having trouble getting my micro sd card to work though. One question , if I reboot the box or turn it off will I loose my line?

Got the dish up on the wall and reading a good signal on the meter but then after disconnecting the meter and connecting the full length cable it was showing no signal on the box, thought it might be a dodgy connection that I've disturbed whilst swapping connectors about so had a fiddle with the dish and can't get any signal at all now on the meter or box!

Even snipped the cables and reattached all the f connectors and no joy but tbh it was raining and dark so I may have missed something

Anything else obvious to check tomorrow whilst realigning the dish?

Realigned the dish this morning and i'm only getting a signal on one half of the shotgun cable from the sat meter but once again I'm getting no signal at all from the box...

Surely if the box is powering the sat meter then the cable is ok? so it's strange that it won't pick up any form of signal at all

Just a day late on the reply, but no you want lose your line if you reboot the box. The line is a file which is copied to a place which does not get cleared with a reboot or switch off.

---------- Post Merged at 06:28 PM ----------

I would say that if you are only getting a single from one of the cables the chances that the one which powers the sat meter is going to be damage too. Why it powers the meter though is a mystery to me.

Maybe one of the experienced guys can come up with a test or solution to diagnose you problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back