WooshBuild v1 - Open ATV 5.1 Image - An image for Zgemma H2 and H2S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume you have your sat cables plugged in? top left, bottom right? I am also presuming your screen, when pressing EPG, looks like the screen shots provided in the instructions? And lastly I presume you are using a Zgemma H2S box?

When the box gets flashed with the image and first boots up it actually has no choice but to display BBC1 HD or at worst a black screen.

Maybe it is worth starting from step one again?

I was replacing a Humax box in the kitchen, which had been pumping out freesat, using two LNBs, for years. Well, so I thought. Only one of the cables was working! I swapped them around and now everything is fine.

Moral of the story is:

Don't bother configuring anything until you can get a free to air channel working. If it's not working then check the cabling and or swap them around. Finally go to Menu->setup->Service searching->Signal finder. Use the left and right arrow keys around the OK button on the remote to move between tuners.

Thanks for the help.

woosh this is exactly what i need to get me upgraded from v8s. massive thanks for the idiots guide i need it, box getting ordered so hopefully here soon. one question for anyone realy my ccam line/gift etc which is now installed on my v8s, i still have line in e mail, will i be able to use this again on this new box or will i need to get a new gift? slightly confused as i wish to give my old box to my dad but unsure if i will nedd 2 new lines or 1 if that makes sense.

I would say yes you would need a new line for your new box. Most allow mulitroom for 2 boxes on same IP but would definitely say you won't be able to use same line in 2 houses, plus it would cause conflict and skip.

I would say yes you would need a new line for your new box. Most allow mulitroom for 2 boxes on same IP but would definitely say you won't be able to use same line in 2 houses, plus it would cause conflict and skip.

hi thanks for the quick response, i am happy to get a 2nd line but unsure if i can leave line on existing v8s and use elsewhere ie my dads, then have new line for my new h2s at my home.?

should be able to mate as long as you dont use the same line on any other boxes away from your dads internet as it will show as logging in from 2 ip addresses and will probably get your line banned

Yeah that would work, just means you get a fresh year (or whatever length of time you've agreed) and your dad gets the remainder of your sub

Ok so I'm having more problems with this .bat file and sending lines to the box. I got it working last night but ended up giving that box to my dad but I've now been at this around 2 hours but can't for the life of me get it working. I understand (vaguely) how to do it I just can't set a line to show up on box, as in its not been sent correctly, in the servers part it would usually say the IP address of host and either red for offline and green for online but it just won't send properly.

Is is there an alternative to using that program as in can I not just FTP them to a directory on the box then activate in softcam panel?

Thanks alcable, Amy ideas where to (I take it it's usr/ keys)? And in what format I have tried a .list and .cfg but don't seem to be having much luck :(

image.jpgThis is the files in that folder I just can't figure out what I chop and change, I am used to entering the cline on .cfg file but think this is a different method.

There is a mg-cfg in the transfer folder, you can use that one even if you do a manual FTP

Looking at your screen shot, nothing went across from the bat file at all.

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:
Yeah I re-flashed to try again, last time I did that batch thing it sent some of my downloads and a picture of me to it lol

Got to say, this build works perfectly and quickly.

That's good, pleased you find it quick.

How did you FTP your line over and in what format GoogleBoogle? I can't seem to get mines to work

Use filezilla or cuteftp. The file type depends on the line you have. The instructions pretty much cover it though I think. Just manually ftp them to user/keys folder on box.

There seem to be some people having problems with the ftp transfer script I made. I will be testing the version which packaged with the image zip file later today to see if anything needs adjusting.

Would it be better if you actually saw something happening and a result instead of a black window popup and vanish?

Yeah thanks I know how to do it and am confident with FTP I've been using it for a while I'm just not sure if I have to add a .cfg or .list file to the keys folder... Or delete stuff that's there and type my lines into one of the existing folders... I have 2 clines and one n-line all from different servers maybe it's because I'm adding them all in one file. That's what I've usually done with the .cfg file when using sucmnsee's image

Make yeah I think it would be better to see something happening rather than disappear, (just my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back