WooshBuild v1 - Open ATV 5.1 Image - An image for Zgemma H2 and H2S

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooshman

VIP Member
WooshBuild v1 - Open ATV 5.1 Image - An image for ZgemmaH2S

WooshBuild v2 is now available for download with new instructions

Please visit the WooshBuild v2 thread for more information and the download link

WooshBuild v2 adds to the Sly+ experience including:

• New WooshBuild v2 Boot Logo
  • OpenATV 5.1 Fully updated
  • Slyk v3 by Kiddac complete with Sky EPG Tabs
  • AutoBouquests e2 (28.8e - Pre-scanned to get you up an running quickly)
  • CrossEPG 0.6.2 - Locked so over the air updates will not replace with a newer version
  • CrossEPG Slyk v3 Skin applied
  • HDMI CEC configured - Turn off your TV at the same time as your box.
  • mgcamd_1.38r1
  • CCcam 2.3.0
  • CacheFulsh - pre-configured and in silent mode
  • IPTV Player Ready - Simple install 2 minutes
  • Pre-configured for use with an 8gb usb drive although as large as possible is better.
  • Image flashes automatically as long as it remains inserted into the USB port. - So don't forget to remove it after flashing
  • Picons (Program icons / Provider icons / Channel logos)
  • Random Audio Description turned off for all channels
  • Last but by no means least - Sky Channel numbers on the EPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is for WooshBuild v1 - This thread is for WooshBuild v1 - This thread is for WooshBuild v1 - This thread is for WooshBuild v1This thread is for WooshBuild v1 - This thread is for WooshBuild v1 - This thread is for WooshBuild v1 - This thread is for WooshBuild v1This thread is for WooshBuild v1 - This thread is for WooshBuild v1 - This thread is for WooshBuild v1 - This thread is for WooshBuild v1

It is finally here - An OpenATV 5.1 build for the Zgemma H2S & H2H

WooshBuild v1
OpenATV 5.1 Base

---------------------------------------------------
Download: Visit the WooshBuild v2 Thread. All a stable realease, v1 is now succeeded by v2.

This image is for those who want a sky+ box equivalent with easy setup and a happy misses in no time.
No FTP program required - Included in the zip file is an easy to use Line Transfer folder.

• OpenATV 5.1 fully updated at time of image - Safe to do software updates via the box to stay fully up to date
  • The infamous Slyk 1 HD v3 Sky skin by our very own Kiddac
  • Sky EPG Tabs already configured
  • AutoBouquestsMaker - Pre-scanned to get you up an running quickly
  • Both CrossEPG and XMLTV-Import - (no need to find a solution for a missing EPG - Just switch to the other one)
  • mgcamd_1.38r1 & CCcam - Not sure what this is? Don't worry, the easy line transfer folder will copy your line to the correct place (Zgemma H2S only at time of writing)
  • CacheFlush - pre-configured and in silent mode
  • This image will flash your box automatically from switch on as long as the USB remains plugged in.

Following simple step by step instructions, you will have your box up and running in 10 minutes max (ok, maybe 20-30 if first time. I will be gentle with you)

Notes about this image

This entire post looks very scary to the newcomer with a new ZgemmaH2S box. Don't be put off. The guide below will walk you through each step needed to make you box work in about 10 minutes.
These instructions presume you have connected your box up to the power, satellite dish and network.

There are no instructions about backing up a previously installed line. If your box came pre-installed with a line (able to view Sky channels instantly) , please make sure you have a copy of your details. If you don't please, read Kiddac's great setup guide on page 6 as this covers backing up your pre-installed line. I will not be held responsible for you losing your pre-installed line and Sky channels.

If this image works for you, please give me a Thanks or Like using the buttons at the bottom left of this post. Thank you.

What is required
Ideally two USB drives / Sticks / Flash Drives / USB HDD - Whatever you want or call them. A small USB stick is all that is required to Flash your box using this image. A larger device is advised 16GB bare minimum for recording / pause and rewind.

Connect your box
Satellite cables - top left, bottom right as marked below, the power lead, hdmi lead and network cable.
zgemma2s-tuner-setup.jpg

Feel free to turn it on, have a look around press a few buttons. Whatever you do at the moment will get removed when you flash the box using any image. When you have finished playing, I mean learning, turn off the box using the power button at the back.

How to flash with this image

1. Make a folder on your desktop and extract all the contents of the zip file into your desktop folder.
2. Format a spare USB stick using the Fat32 file system - ideally this USB stick can be kept safe in a drawer should you need to re-flash your box at anytime.
3. Copy the zgemma folder and it's entire contents to the USB stick
4. With your box turned off, put the USB stick into the zgemmaH2S box using the front USB port (the one behind the flap)
5. Turn on the Box and wait for the letters FLSH to appear on the front screen. It will then change to boot after a minute or two. Once booted remove the USB stick from the front of box an keep in a safe place
6. You box is now flashed and running the latest version of WooshBuild and BBC1 HD will show full screen. If it starts on BBC2 HD press the EPG button on the remote. If you are on the "Last Scanned" tab and it appears empty simply press the NEXT> button on the remote to select all channels. Now press OK twice to select BBC1 HD.

What do I do now
1. Insert and Initialise your USB device

Insert the USB / HDD that you are going to use for recording, pause and rewind into the rear USB port.
Menu -> setup -> System -> Storage Devices -> Initialisation -> OK button -> Red Button (Initialise) -> OK Button

Your USB device is now being initialised for use with the Zgemma box. This will be used for pause, rewind and the recording of programs, it is also used to . Time to complete varies depending on the size of the device. You will be returned to full screen TV when complete.

2. Create a Swap File

Menu -> Info Panel -> Plugins -> SwapManager -> Create (green button) -> OK Button -> Highlight 256mb and press OK Button

While this is happening, please take note that the text at the top of the window will read: "Wait please while creating swapfile...
1_0_1_1656_7E5_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

After a few minutes (depending on device and swap size selected) this text changes to "Enable Swap at startup" and you can move to next step
Depending on your device size the swap file you choose can be largerAutostart (yellow button)Exit

Press the Red Button (Activate) - Note the Status will turn green and change to Active
Press the Yellow Button (Autostart) - You will have this on your screen
1_0_19_521C_812_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

Now Press the Exit button 4 times to return to the TV

3. Import your Program Guide (EPG)

Menu -> Setup -> CrossEPG -> Configure

Storage device is to be set to "External" or "USB Flash Drive" or whatever your USB device is listed as by using the left or right direction buttons.

Enable csv import - no
Force epg reload on boot - no
Download on tune - no
Scheduled download - once a day
scheduled download at 04:35
The rest of the settings can remain as default
Now Press the Red Button (Back)
1_0_19_521C_812_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg

Scroll down the menu and select Download now. At this point your TV will switch the the radio while the EPG data is downloaded and setup. This may take a little while and you may be switched back to TV before being returned to the CrossEPG menu. Press Exit 3 times to return to TV.

Press the EPG button to check that your program guide is populated. If not, check the steps above again, not forgetting the "Download Now" step.
1_0_19_521C_812_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (2).jpg

At this point RESTART YOUR BOX
Menu -> Standby / Restart -> Highlight Restart and press OK
This will create the required folders on your USB device for the next step

4. Setup Timeshift (Pause, Rewind) and recording

Menu -> Setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> Timeshift settings

Timeshift Location - Press OK button
Highlight Parent directory and press OK button
Highlight List of Storage Devices and press OK button
Now highlight your USB device from the list. You will see "Internal flash" and another device. It is the other device your need to highlight. Then press OK button. (mine is called Storage Device)
1_0_19_521C_812_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (5).jpg

Highlight timeshift and then press the Green Button (OK)
1_0_19_521C_812_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (6).jpg

Do the same for Autorecord location but this time highlight the movie folder and press the Green button (OK)

Then change the remaining settings like so:
Enable Autorecord - no
Automatically start timeshift after - 2 seconds
Show warning when timeshift is stopped - no
Show status message when switch to live TV - no
Timeshift-save action on zap - Don't save
Stop timeshift while recording - no
1_0_19_521C_812_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (3).jpg

If you are using a USB device of at least 64gb, you can leave the remaining settings as default so press the Green button (Save). Should you find you are unable to record after a few days, change the settings below

(change these if you cannot record due to lack of device space)
Use timeshift seekbar while timeshifting - yes
Timeshift buffer limit [in hours] - 2
Timeshift last events limit [number of events] - 2
Timeshift checking for older files [in minutes] - 15
Press the Green button (Save)

Recording Settings
Check that the location is pointing to the movie folder on your USB device. Save and exit right back to TV

5. Change your TV region

By default, this image is set to the TV area "Meridian South East" which is great for me. But if you are not in the same TV area you need to change it so your ITV is displayed correctly.

Menu -> Setup -> Service searching -> AutoBouquetsMaker -> Providers

Change - Sky UK: area to your TV location. If you notice, mine reads "Meridian South East Custom". Whatever your region, it must have Custom at the end.
1_0_19_521C_812_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (4).jpg

Press Green button (OK)
Highlight Start Scan and press OK button.

This will now look through all the channels and create the different sections such as Entertainment, Movies, Kids etc. Once finished, exit right back to the TV

6. Transfer your Line for All channel access - ZgemmaH2S ONLY

Important Note: It is never advised to blindly click on batch files (.bat) when you don't know what they will do. This batch file is safe but if you don't want to do it this way, please download a free ftp client such as Filezilla and then follow Kiddac's guide on how to transfer your line using FTP.Looking in the folder you created on your desktop at the beginning of this guide, there is a folder called "Put your cam line on Box". This folder contains everything you need to automatically transfer your line onto the box to allow full channel access. It contains an instructions file but I will cover this below.

1. Place either the cccamd.list file, newcamd.list file or a CCcam.cfg file your provider sent you in to THIS folder. Overwrite any existing files if it asks.
linebat.jpg

2. Double Click the Line_installer.bat file. This will FTP your details directly to the correct place.

UPDATE: At his point Windows may display a Windows Firewall window asking you to allow or deny access. You need to click the "Allow Access" button. This basically lets the Windows FTP program access to the network. Failing to Allow Access will result in no files being transferred to your box and you will have to manually transfer the files.

Step two is very fast and you may see a black window appear and vanish - This is normal.

3. Now Complete the following steps:
3a. Select Channel Sky1 via your EPG and go full screen - Your screen will be blank
3b. Press the Menu button -> Info Panel -> SoftcamPanel

You will arrive at a screen with "Select Cam 1" Highlighted.
The type of file you were sent by your supplier determines what you do next.

If your file is a "newcamd.list"
Press the left arrow button to change "Select Cam 1" to read mgcamd_1.38r1

If your file is a "cccamd.list" or a "CCcam.cfg" file
Press the right arrow button to change "Select Cam 1" to read CCcam 2.3.0

Press Green button - You may get a Info Message appear on the screen for 5 seconds.
(If the black mini TV screen does not start to show Sky 1, go back and change "Select Cam 1" to the different option and press the green button again.

You should now be able to watch Sky channels.
1_0_1_1656_7E5_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg

Press the exit button 3 times to return to the TV.

7. Software Update Check
Now everything is setup, you can check for any software which has been updated and safely install it as OpenATV 5.1 is safe to update over the air.

Menu -> Setup -> Software management -> Software Update
Once the list has been populated, press the Green Button to update.

Important note: You will always see CrossEPG will be updated, this is because the version used in this image is locked so it cannot be updated as that later versions will not work with OpenATV 5.1

When complete, press the OK button and select Yes to reboot your box.

8. Optional - Make your mini preview screen work like a Sly box

As standard, when in the EPG and you press OK to preview another channel and then forget you are not using Sly and press exit, you are returned to the channel you were watching. You soon get used to this as it only needs a second press of OK to jump to full screen of the selected channel. But what if pressing OK just once selected the channel for you so the exit button took you to the channel you had previewed?

Menu -> Setup -> EPG -> Graphical EPG -> Channel Preview mode - no

Now using your box is closer to being a Sly box than ever before.

Congratulations
, you now have a fully setup Zgemma H2S box will all channels with full pause, rewind and recording facility.

9. Be brave and play - optional
OK maybe in a minute. Before you do step 9, how about you make your own backup image for your now fully setup, working box? You need a USB stick. Plug in the USB to the front port, Menu -> setup -> software management -> backup image. Select USB and it will create your image which is identical to your box, even down to the channels you are watching. Doing this on the same usb stick that WooshBuild is on will overwrite my image so just edit the foldername from zgemma to zgemma-wooshbuild. Now you can create your backup and keep both images on one stick. I have loads on my stick, v1 vbroken, vdidntwork, voops, you get the idea.

No be brave and playing knowing you have a back.

End notes:
  • These boxes can be far more than just a box for satellite tv. How about clicking here to see what happens - Yes, it is controllable via your browser using a built in web interface.
  • IPTV from the plugins menu. Stream TV Series and Movies direct to your TV via your broadband
  • Setup a program to record without touching the remote using the built in web interface
  • Kids have it FAR TO LOUD? Turn it down via the web interface

Most of all, don't be scared to have a play. Look at menus, go into plugins and see what does what. The worst that can happen is you end up flashing your box with the image and starting this guide all over again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full credit must go to

• Kiddac for his untouchable Slyk 1 HD v3 Skin making moving from mainstream provider to Zgemma simple - so simple even your misses will agree.
  • Kiddac for his beginners guide which taught me what I know.
  • Providers of direct links to IPKs
  • systemlord for auto preview select solution
  • mtpockets guide for this back view image that dsayers2014 stole and posted in my thread (honestly)
  • TechKings Users and Admins - Without TechKings I wouldn't be here. I am still so new to this game but being able to offer back just a basic image is my thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The future

A youtube video covering all the steps above following this guide step by step.

Attachments

• linebat.jpg
    linebat.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Wow what an excellent and detailed guide. Well done pal. I will be ordering my box very soon and will be using this for sure. Thank you.
PS. Which is faster openvix or openatv or is there really not that much difference ?
Thanks again

Wow what an excellent and detailed guide. Well done pal. I will be ordering my box very soon and will be using this for sure. Thank you.
PS. Which is faster openvix or openatv or is there really not that much difference ?
Thanks again

Thank you, it is built and instructed with first time users in mind.

To be honest I have no idea about OpenATV vs Vix. I bought my box off the shelf as such direct from the forum sponsor and then followed Kiddac's great guide for setting up a new box from scratch which uses OpenATV 5.1 and I have never moved away. This image is fast and the misses is more than happy, but I have nothing to compare it to. Sorry

you have crossepg/xmltv import correct me if im wrong but im sure iv read some were having both install cause is problems?

and as regards to using crossepg on openatv u can only use version 6.2 the older one,
the 8.somthing one in download section on open atv as problems
so if you have got 6.2 on there you cant online update en as it will update to the 8. some thing version witch is no good on atv
but there is a guide to stop this plugin from updating using putty or windows camd

you have crossepg/xmltv import correct me if im wrong but im sure iv read some were having both install cause is problems?

and as regards to using crossepg on openatv u can only use version 6.2 the older one,
the 8.somthing one in download section on open atv as problems
so if you have got 6.2 on there you cant online update en as it will update to the 8. some thing version witch is no good on atv
but there is a guide to stop this plugin from updating using putty or windows camd

This image has now been running for me with both CrossEPG and XMLTV-Import installed. XMLTV is not enabled to do anything and it has not been run, just purely added as a plugin. Only CrossEPG does a daily update. I have had no issues with EPGs or crashing. If however I do experience any problems I will remove XMLTV-Import and update the image. It is there as I know some existing users prefer it over CrossEPG and I didn't want to limit this image to those who don't.

If you re-read Instruction 7 you will see that the update will not actually update CrossEPG from version 6 to 8 as I have already locked it so that is cannot be updated.

Last edited:
I am about to purchase an H2S but as a pensioner the instructions do look daunting to me as someone who has no knowledge of these things.
Will I be able to set this up relatively easily if I follow the instructions religiously?

Great basic setup for a newbie, and with kiddac's "infamous" skin lol

[video=youtube;530O719Jnek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=530O719Jnek[/video]

I am about to purchase an H2S but as a pensioner the instructions do look daunting to me as someone who has no knowledge of these things.
Will I be able to set this up relatively easily if I follow the instructions religiously?

Hi listener

The instructions have been written for people exactly like you. Never used a box before and need clear instructions to follow. The type where it doesn't actually matter what each step does but just works at the end of it all. You would actually be a really good test / example for this. If you could let us know how you get on I would really appreciate it.

If you do find anything that is a bit unclear, please feel free to let me know and I will do my best to simplify it for future users.

Good luck with it.

hi m8 great guide only thing missing is a couple of screen shots just make it look a bit better screenshots with openwebif

type your ip address into your computers address bar. and bingo. openwebif opens. Grab screenshot is on the left. right click and save to computer. then upload here for nice clean images. thanks to kiddac

On the swap manager page, when complete and active. Should the (enable swap at start up) be ✅ or not. As my epg does not seem to be populating after step 3. Thanks in advance

hi m8 great guide only thing missing is a couple of screen shots just make it look a bit better screenshots with openwebif

type your ip address into your computers address bar. and bingo. openwebif opens. Grab screenshot is on the left. right click and save to computer. then upload here for nice clean images. thanks to kiddac

I'm on it :-) I love the web based interface on these boxes, but the ability to screenshot is a very well planned thought out feature.

---------- Post Merged at 06:14 PM ----------

On the swap manager page, when complete and active. Should the (enable swap at start up) be ✅ or not. As my epg does not seem to be populating after step 3. Thanks in advance 

It should be ticked. I have now added a screen shot.

I would say it shouldn't make a difference though to the EPG. Does it look like it is doing something when you do the "Download Now" step ?

Last edited:
Thanks for this, will try once the weather calms down and I can actually get up a set of ladders and install the dish lol

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I beleive the problem was just me, as when I changed channels via the tv guide the other channels were populated. Therefore It seems I was on a spurious set of channels when setting up. Cheers again everything is working perfectly. All i need know is to work out how to get a sly remote to work with this box . Its great

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I beleive the problem was just me, as when I changed channels via the tv guide the other channels were populated. Therefore It seems I was on a spurious set of channels when setting up. Cheers again everything is working perfectly. All i need know is to work out how to get a sly remote to work with this box . Its great

That's great, well done. I am pleased in a way that it was you and not my instructions. It is very easy to miss a step when testing your own instructions as you do things second nature having done it so many times before.

May I ask how you got on with putting your line across using the Line Transfer folder? (Step 6. Transfer your Line for All channel access - ZgemmaH2S ONLY)

Last edited:
At first I dropped my newcamd file in the folder and double clicked on the bat file but it didn't work. So I copied my newcamd details into the newcamd file which is already there, then double clicked the bat file and the details went to the box and channels came on. :)

At first I dropped my newcamd file in the folder and double clicked on the bat file but it didn't work. So I copied my newcamd details into the newcamd file which is already there, then double clicked the bat file and the details went to the box and channels came on. :)

OK thanks for letting me know, I will take a look to see if I can make any changes for the better. I am pleased it all worked for you though. Good job well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back