WooshBuild v2.02 For Zgemma 2S - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello im trying to update my newcamd onto my box,its a openatv box with this sky build on it! i have enter the line on the laptop to the correct place anyone have any ideas whats going wrong? i cant get paid channels etc thanks

Can you be clearer on your information please as what you have posted doesn't really mean much.

Did you use the line transfer file? If so, what results showed in the black window?
Did you transfer manually via FTP?

Are you still working through the WooshBuild instructions? If so I presume you are on step 6?!

The better your information, the better the help.

---------- Post Merged at 04:44 PM ----------

I did have a play around but noticed this build which I thought might be better

To be fair, the sucmnsee image is a vix version of WooshBuild and vice versa, we have reached a meeting point where the difference is pretty much just Vix or OpenATV. The advantage of OpenATV is that is can be updated online as standard without risk of your box going wrong. You cannot do that with Vix as it does something and you end up re-flashing I think?!

As you don't have a line already you are free to flash your box and have a play with both images and see which one you prefer. Speed, ease of menus etc. WooshBuild has full instructions as does sucmnsee's vix image.

Have fun flashing and yell if you get stuck.

has anyone had an issue with 'open webif' ? this build in general is good but when selecting a channel via 'open webif' its hit and miss whether it works or not... this worked perfect on mtpockets.... help anyone?

has anyone had an issue with 'open webif' ? this build in general is good but when selecting a channel via 'open webif' its hit and miss whether it works or not... this worked perfect on mtpockets.... help anyone?

Works fine for me, you using Chrome?

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 PM ----------

Whoosh.. how do we know when you release a new version? I've just noticed this is 2.02.. but i'm not sure whether i installed this before 2.02 or not... do you add a note for the release date?

The 2s has only got 1 image at the moment.

Hopefully it will move to the next version as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Hi all, im having a slight problem with the iptv player, yifi movies was working fine but now its not, i tried to select the big green arrow again to see if update was required but i get the message problem downloading the server list - update failed check status by selecting interesting and press ok, any ideas thanks

ok guys, tried reading through all this and still none of the wiser....can i send the zgemma folder to my usb/imagesbackup folder in the back of my box and update through that...i want to try this image but none of my usb pens will flash!! i know sucmnsee gives a extra file to flash local on the box...i like his image but i want to try this one as i read good reports on this

thanks in advance

Put the zgemma folder on a usb stick.
With the box on, insert the stick
Blue button -> Flash online/local -> Yellow button -> Devices -> Select your USB
Open the Zgemma folder and then the SH1 folder, and highlight rootfs.bin
Now press the Green button to flash

Something like that anyway, it's from memory.

Hi again :)

Do we need to do anything with the transponder change to channel 5 HD or will it sort itself out on your image?

followed the instructions got to the point whereby the lines need adding... and it failed. I have tried ftp to the box the following error 'vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty' anyone have a solution

'

followed the instructions got to the point whereby the lines need adding... and it failed. I have tried ftp to the box the following error 'vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty' anyone have a solution

'

"It failed" doesn't give me much to go on.

If you are using a PC did you use the line transfer file ? What messages did you get in the black window?

I have never seen that message connecting via ftp to a box. What client were you using? Try filezilla of the line transfer wont work for you.

The more information you give the better we can help.

---------- Post Merged at 05:41 PM ----------

Hi Wooshman you've seen my post in the general sat section of how to add channel 5hd haven't you? It's easy to do

AB E2 is different to ABM and requires different info - to a degree. I have the file I need to edit, but not the info for that file.
PM Sent

'

Try to factory reset router then reflash box I had a similar issue when setting up to view outside of my network

i flashed my box with this image earlier today, the tutorial is great really easy to follow, one issue i have is the mgcamd keeps stopping and I have to restart it, I know the line/server is ok and not glitching as I had it installed on my ibox 2 as well. Any ideas? I have replaced the mg_cfg file, it runs for about five mins then stops, i have to goto the softcam control panel and restart the cam.
Cheers

If you are using a PC did you use the line transfer file ? What messages did you get in the black window?

I have never seen that message connecting via ftp to a box. What client were you using? Try filezilla of the line transfer wont work for you.

ok here are my findings having flashed this box 8 times today!!!!!

https://gyazo.com/edf7caea9f6331028eca8b368b7350cf <--- link to the error using filezilla

however, if i add the lines right after the initial flash i can connect and update just fine the 'OPEN WebIf' also works at this point BUT if i wait till the point in the instructions that you are supposed to add the lines i get the error message when trying to connect via filezilla also when i get to the point of adding the picons it says no plugins are available.....

saying all that i added the lines right after the flash this time so it works for TV but still cannot add things like IPTV nor use OPEN WebIf or connect via filezilla

i flashed my box with this image earlier today, the tutorial is great really easy to follow, one issue i have is the mgcamd keeps stopping and I have to restart it, I know the line/server is ok and not glitching as I had it installed on my ibox 2 as well. Any ideas? I have replaced the mg_cfg file, it runs for about five mins then stops, i have to goto the softcam control panel and restart the cam.
Cheers

Did you replace the mg_cfg file with the one from the download sections on this site? If not here it is:
mgcam1.38 & newcamd.list & mg_cfg - Downloads - TechKings

---------- Post Merged at 08:56 PM ----------

Don't want to wait for WooshBuild v3 ??

Add Channel 5 HD to your EPG

http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/83769-channel-5-hd.html#post500568

Like I said factory reset router then reflash box

Thanks for the reply but as you can see IF you read the post its obviously NOT an issue with the router.

@wooshman any ideas

---------- Post Merged at 09:07 PM ----------

Like I said factory reset router then reflash box

Thanks for the reply but as you can see IF you read the post its obviously NOT an issue with the router.

@wooshman any ideas

ok here are my findings having flashed this box 8 times today!!!!!

https://gyazo.com/edf7caea9f6331028eca8b368b7350cf <--- link to the error using filezilla

however, if i add the lines right after the initial flash i can connect and update just fine the 'OPEN WebIf' also works at this point BUT if i wait till the point in the instructions that you are supposed to add the lines i get the error message when trying to connect via filezilla also when i get to the point of adding the picons it says no plugins are available.....

saying all that i added the lines right after the flash this time so it works for TV but still cannot add things like IPTV nor use OPEN WebIf or connect via filezilla

small update the OPEN WebIf works with FTA channels only .... but all channels work on the TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back