WooshBuild v2.02 For Zgemma 2S - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply but as you can see IF you read the post its obviously NOT an issue with the router.

@wooshman any ideas

---------- Post Merged at 09:07 PM ----------

Like I said factory reset router then reflash box

Thanks for the reply but as you can see IF you read the post its obviously NOT an issue with the router.

@wooshman any ideas

"It failed" doesn't give me much to go on.

If you are using a PC did you use the line transfer file ? What messages did you get in the black window?

I have never seen that message connecting via ftp to a box. What client were you using? Try filezilla of the line transfer wont work for you.

The more information you give the better we can help.

ok here are my findings having flashed this box 8 times today!!!!!

https://gyazo.com/edf7caea9f6331028eca8b368b7350cf <--- link to the error using filezilla

however, if i add the lines right after the initial flash i can connect and update just fine the 'OPEN WebIf' also works at this point BUT if i wait till the point in the instructions that you are supposed to add the lines i get the error message when trying to connect via filezilla also when i get to the point of adding the picons it says no plugins are available.....

saying all that i added the lines right after the flash this time so it works for TV but still cannot add things like IPTV nor use OPEN WebIf or connect via filezilla

small update the OPEN WebIf works with FTA channels only .... but all channels work on the TV

have you setup a no ip account or to view outside of network? i had the exact same error and resetting router then reflashing worked for me

as i have already said it works just after the flash but by the end of the setup it STOPS working... it does this everytime

Last edited:
Thanks very much for all your hard work Woosh. This was my first experience setting up a box. I followed the instructions and now everything is working flawlessly. Very impressed. Took about an hour or so from start to finish.

Brilliant work!

wooshman any ideas before i have to switch back to mtpockets :(

In short no I have no ideas at all. This isn't a build issue if you are using it on a 2S. You can add the line at any point you like even before you start step 1, or after installing IPTV player, it makes no difference to the box or anything to do with the network.

How about you build from scratch using Kiddac's guide but use the same setup I have? See what happens then?!

---------- Post Merged at 10:26 PM ----------

yea wooshman already used that mg_cfg file from here, its not really worth me installing mgcamd 1.35 is it?

Have a read of this:

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/89327-dissappearing-softcam-2.html#post499828

yea wooshman already used that mg_cfg file from here, its not really worth me installing mgcamd 1.35 is it?

Ask your provider if there is any keep alive option for your line? Maybe you already have it in there but was just a thought.

I have this in my details:
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60

Put the zgemma folder on a usb stick.
With the box on, insert the stick
Blue button -> Flash online/local -> Yellow button -> Devices -> Select your USB
Open the Zgemma folder and then the SH1 folder, and highlight rootfs.bin
Now press the Green button to flash

Something like that anyway, it's from memory.

thanks bud, i'll give a try

@wooshman + @dsayers2014

I have managed to get this fully working now by changing the order.

first things first i tried the factory router reset but this made no difference, i thought i would have one last try and change a step... here is what i did

1. flashed the box
2. did a full software update
3. continued as per the rest of the instructions and now works perfectly, updates work, ftp works, openwebif works

There must have been a setting in your router that's the same process I did for vix apart from the ota update glad it's sorted

you miss understand me, the router made no difference i had the same problem after factory reset. The only thing that worked for me was to do the full update right after flash.

you miss understand me, the router made no difference i had the same problem after factory reset. The only thing that worked for me was to do the full update right after flash.

factory resetting router then reflashing box should have sorted it but either way it's it's working

Been playing about with your build. I like it but just 1 thing. I changed from autobouquetes E2 to autobouquestsmaker. Now as soon as it does a scan? Sky UK and Ireland...........the box crashes

hi wooshman, I have tried the newcamd details with and without the keep alive option didnt make any difference.
I have now flashed it with the latest vix image from here and mgcamd has been running fine this afternoon, weird hey?

Been playing about with your build. I like it but just 1 thing. I changed from autobouquetes E2 to autobouquestsmaker. Now as soon as it does a scan? Sky UK and Ireland...........the box crashes

You will have to uninstall AB E2, delete all created bouquets created by AB E2 and then start on ABM I am afraid. These boxes don't like using AB E2 first, but I like the channel numbers.

---------- Post Merged at 09:30 PM ----------

hi wooshman, I have tried the newcamd details with and without the keep alive option didnt make any difference.
I have now flashed it with the latest vix image from here and mgcamd has been running fine this afternoon, weird hey?
It is weird if you downloaded and used the mg_cfg from the download section yes.

The main thing is that you are up and running without problems.

Hi Wooshman !

Thank you very much for your efforts !!!

I really need your advice I tried my best but I had no success how to change language of box interface. At the moment I am using english but since I got russian IPTV service via plugins section and this service has a service names and epg with russian letters and so on I can`t even read name of services.

Please help me mate how to change eng language to russian

Thank you in advice !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back