WooshBuild v2.02 For Zgemma 2S - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wooshman,Thanks for the excellent image and precise instructions.I have successfully put the image on a few Zgemmas,however lately,I seem to have a problem transferring line details using the line installer.Every time I try to send the file over I get an INVALID COMMAND message and at the end will say not connected.I have used it before without any issues so thinking if I am doing something wrong or there is a problem with it.
Thanks

Hi Wooshman,Thanks for the excellent image and precise instructions.I have successfully put the image on a few Zgemmas,however lately,I seem to have a problem transferring line details using the line installer.Every time I try to send the file over I get an INVALID COMMAND message and at the end will say not connected.I have used it before without any issues so thinking if I am doing something wrong or there is a problem with it.
Thanks
Are you using a wireless connection between your computer and router? If so try using a cable as this seems to resolve the issue. It makes no sense as to why it has stopped working. Maybe edit the line_transfer.bat file with the IP of the box. Replace the part which reads

zgemmah2s

for the ip address of the box.

Hi, I am trying to re-flash a box that wouldn't boot properly. I have formatted the flash drive to FAT32, copied over the zgemma folder onto it, after plugging into the back of the box and switching on, the only thing that comes on the display is 'BOOT'.

Any idea's? I'll try another flash drive in the mean time.

Hi, I am trying to re-flash a box that wouldn't boot properly. I have formatted the flash drive to FAT32, copied over the zgemma folder onto it, after plugging into the back of the box and switching on, the only thing that comes on the display is 'BOOT'.

Any idea's? I'll try another flash drive in the mean time.
People say that using HDDGuru to lowlevel format your usb stick can help solve flashing problems, but I use all sorts of sticks and am just lucky they work. Someone found an old 256mb stick and it was the only one that they could get to flash with.

---------- Post Merged at 10:14 PM ----------

Thanks for the reply Wooshman.Tried it again before I read your message,no luck,but managed to do it with Filezilla.Strange.

I think Windows likes to do it's own thing sometimes as it worked and then didn't. I am starting to wonder if the local DNS is getting messed up and a ipconfig / flushdns may sove this issue, but that is beyond the scope of my destructions, to much of a headache. It is the same image so yes strange. Pleased you got it sorted in the end though.

Did you use the IP address in filezilla? I wonder if using it in the line_transfer batch file would also resolve it, which would point to the DNS.

Last edited:
Ill try that next time to see if it works.Another thing I wanted to mention as well.I have a Zgemma downstairs and use my set up upstairs to flash the boxes.As both boxes would be on the same network,I have to disconnect the downstairs one from the network in oder to connect to Filezilla otherwise it wont let me,just gives me same ip for both the boxes.Not a big problem as the router is upstairs,but thought Id mention it.Cheers

People say that using HDDGuru to lowlevel format your usb stick can help solve flashing problems, but I use all sorts of sticks and am just lucky they work. Someone found an old 256mb stick and it was the only one that they could get to flash with.

Still no luck on this one. Tried a few different formatted USB's, it just wont flash. I don't fancy going out to buy a new box for the same to happen.

Ill try that next time to see if it works.Another thing I wanted to mention as well.I have a Zgemma downstairs and use my set up upstairs to flash the boxes.As both boxes would be on the same network,I have to disconnect the downstairs one from the network in oder to connect to Filezilla otherwise it wont let me,just gives me same ip for both the boxes.Not a big problem as the router is upstairs,but thought Id mention it.Cheers

Set the IP manually via the box turning DHCP off and theng giving both boxes different IP addresses. 192.168.1.201 and 192.168.1.211 for example, unless you have anything on 201 and 211, but just a thought.

This does answer the question though of what happens if you have two machines the same, but with that said, the MAC address shouldn't really let this happen as they are different.

---------- Post Merged at 11:16 PM ----------

Still no luck on this one. Tried a few different formatted USB's, it just wont flash. I don't fancy going out to buy a new box for the same to happen.

Although I dount it is WooshBuild image related, try a different build, the sucmnsee build is pretyt much identical with the look of it all but uses vix instead of OpenATV. It will test your USB sticks out.

Have you tried the HDDguru yet for a low level format??

Although I dount it is WooshBuild image related, try a different build, the sucmnsee build is pretyt much identical with the look of it all but uses vix instead of OpenATV. It will test your USB sticks out.

Have you tried the HDDguru yet for a low level format??

Thanks for reply, yes already tried sucmnsee build, still no luck. Formatting 2 different USB's now using the HDDGuru low level but taking it's time ha. I'm praying this works, otherwise I'm just putting it down to a duff box and I'll be forced to buy a new one.

The issue I had with this one was I stupidly done a software update from the box and after the box restarted it just wont boot up. I have managed to get my line information from the box using filezilla and now just need to reflash it but it's not having any of it at the minute!

Well if this doesn't work have you created a new thread yet explaing what image you were running before the update? You may find someone can answer straight away, or get a lead called something and plug that in etc etc. Not everyone will check in here as it is build related, but I am always happy to try and help.

The Low level format does take a good while I believe.

Well if this doesn't work have you created a new thread yet explaing what image you were running before the update? You may find someone can answer straight away, or get a lead called something and plug that in etc etc. Not everyone will check in here as it is build related, but I am always happy to try and help.

The Low level format does take a good while I believe.

Thanks for your help. The Low level has finished but now when I try to drag the zgemma file over it is wanting to format it again through windows ha. I bought it preloaded but pretty sure it was openvix. Will try flashing without a build see if that does the trick.

You will need to format it first using windows. At present it is like an ice cream tub which hasn't been told it is for ice cream. I doesn't know what it is for.

Format it using windows and it knows it is a Fat32 formatted stick.

Im hungry.... anyone else lol

Wooshman, I could kiss you for this thread. I am finally sorted.

A £5 Cruzer 8GB was the answer.

Unopened from packet.
Quick format to FAT32.
Your build Zgemma folder copied over.
Connected to back of box
Switch box on.
FLASH.

can't believe it was a USB issue, 5th time lucky so I'll be keeping this safe incase I need to flash again. Thanks everyone for your help, very much appreciated!!!!

...and a note to everyone... do not buy usb sticks off ebay for use on satboxes. Most of them on ebay are fakes and will cause you no end of problems. Always buy from a reputable high street shop.

Ive mentioned this before as well.I use Toshiba 8gb from Moby Memory.Were £1.99 but gone upto £2.30.Never had any issues and works first time

hi guys is anyone else having an issue trying to run mgcamd with a newcamd.list file it works fine on ccam but wont clear channels on newcamd setup?

Ive just flashed this image (nice build Whooshman) and having the same problem, mgcamd will not work but cccam does. Problem is I seem to get alot more glitches using Cccam on my line.
----------------------
Update

Fixed by changing B : {00} to B : {06} in the mg cfg file

# box type
# 00 autodetect, change only if you think wrong type detected.
# 01 dbox2
# 02 dreambox
# 03 triple-dragon
# 04 relook
# 05 openbox
# 06 dreambox/mips
# 08 stapi/kathrein
# 09 stapi/ipbox
# 11 stapi/openbox
B: { 00 }

You might wanna make a change to your image Whoosman

Last edited:
Wooshman I would like to say a great big thanks - followed instructions and what I thought was a bricked box is now working great - fantastic work !!!!
Is there a way of clearing the recent channel zap list??

Last edited:
Agreed, Wooshman, this is a great build and easy to install. I have now re-installed about 10 times over the weekend after each mistake I made. The worse was installing FlashExpander as this partitioned my USB and lost everything and so hdlinks - timeshift error and no rewind etc.....

Agreed, Wooshman, this is a great build and easy to install. I have now re-installed about 10 times over the weekend after each mistake I made. The worse was installing FlashExpander as this partitioned my USB and lost everything and so hdlinks - timeshift error and no rewind etc.....

Yeah I did that when I first started, now I don't bother with it at all now and don't suffer any memory issues.

---------- Post Merged at 11:00 AM ----------

hi guys is anyone else having an issue trying to run mgcamd with a newcamd.list file it works fine on ccam but wont clear channels on newcamd setup?

Ive just flashed this image (nice build Whooshman) and having the same problem, mgcamd will not work but cccam does. Problem is I seem to get alot more glitches using Cccam on my line.
----------------------
Update

Fixed by changing B : {00} to B : {06} in the mg cfg file

# box type
# 00 autodetect, change only if you think wrong type detected.
# 01 dbox2
# 02 dreambox
# 03 triple-dragon
# 04 relook
# 05 openbox
# 06 dreambox/mips
# 08 stapi/kathrein
# 09 stapi/ipbox
# 11 stapi/openbox
B: { 00 }

You might wanna make a change to your image WooshMan

Nice work, thank you very much, I will get this sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back