WooshBuild v3.00 + USB Cam Transfer Plugin + BaseBuild - OpenATV 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for a great tutorial ,I just did it and its superb , all working , very easy step by step instructions , thanks for all your hard work mate .

I'm flashing this on my new box tomorrow but I have just 1 quick question. I am using a portable HD as my "Main USB stick". Do I need to format this to Fat32?

The USB device, HDD or stick don't actually need formatting at all as the box will format (initialise) it to ext3 anyway, but when formatted to fat32 or ntfs it makes life easier when you plug it into the box.

Thank you for this installing now. fingers crossed :)

And the winning slap for today is awarded to matty121 for not posting in the "Introduce yourself" section before trying to download. Instead thought it would be nice to introduce himself in here.

100 lines for you matty I am afraid.

I MUST INTRODUCE MYSELF PROPERLY AND IN THE RIGHT PLACE BEFORE DOWNLOADING

Her you go mate, you can do it now: New Member - Please introduce yourself here.

Wooshman you made this guide idiot proof, thank you. I've previously said in my introductions that I'm not as quick as I used to be but this guide was so easy, my ZGemma H2S arrived and after a quick dummy run through with the installation I got on with it. I've yet to get a line but an easy peasy installation done in about 50 minutes. If I can do it anybody can.

I'm having a few problems, I've got the build up & running on my new Zgemma H2S and all looks good, the FTV channels are up and away, its when trying to add the line that is the problem. I think I've done it all ok, I've unzipped the files needed for the usb cam importer and put them on a usb stick, added the line info from my supplier but the importer doesn't see the files. When I take the Usb back onto the lappy its says there is a problem with the stick & it needs repairing. I'm using the front usb socket on the box as instructed so the box seems to be doing something with the stick. Should I take the resident stick out from the back socket & try it there, when loading the image in the first place I had to use the back socket. Any help is much appreciated, cheers, Reggie.
I should add I have tried several other sticks with the same result.

Last edited:
Have you tried reformatting the usb stick and make sure that your line details are the only thing on there.

My box arrived this morning and everything was set up in 40 minutes. Many thanks to Wooshman and Benijofar for all their help with my line last night. This is a great build and so simple to set up. Already got family and friends asking me to set them up.

Spot on fella, followed your guide and worked a treat, top drawer! By the way can you get European channels through this skin ...?

Spot on fella, followed your guide and worked a treat, top drawer! By the way can you get European channels through this skin ...?

You can get them as I found out the other week messing with an extra LNB on my dish. I personally found it best to use the EPG for sly and then the TV button for the Euro stuff. I tried using AutoBouquetMaker as that will bring in Multi sats and I got a right mess.

There is nothing from stopping you making your own bouquets though which will appear along the top of the EPG as the sly ones do.

Don't want to mess with a second LNB! Tried scanning the German channels by changing providers etc and messed my sly/epg had to reinstall, can you just channel scan on the Astra and do that way ? Or is it a mission for not very much. also never made a auto bouquet is there a guide on here.

Wow! Am all new to this but have just installed the wooshman build on the Zgemma star 2s and its unbelievable Jeff!!! Thanks a lot Wooshman, great work.

i have set up a few boxes with this image, its the best around , , today when trying to set up a new one for a friend the new line i purchased would not connect, tried it on my own box but still would not connect ,put my line in new box and connected fine (so new box ok) thought it was maybe server so purchase off another server , same problem ??...my lad had been mucking about with my router hitting the wps button ect the other night ....could this have caused my router to stop connecting to others servers ...its a strange one any help would be appreciated. have tried resetting router but still no luck

Don't want to mess with a second LNB! Tried scanning the German channels by changing providers etc and messed my sly/epg had to reinstall, can you just channel scan on the Astra and do that way ? Or is it a mission for not very much. also never made a auto bouquet is there a guide on here.

You can scan other satellites but don't hold your breath on finding any channels as your dish is pointed at the Astra 2 satellite which is where Sly UK comes from. The next satellite is 23.5 and if you are lucky you "may" get a couple of euro channels but unlikely. You will either have to move your dish to point at the other satellites, get a motor and turn your dish into a mortised dish or add a second LNB to your dish and point that at another satellite. One LMNB at Astra 2 and another LNB pointing at another satellite.

My current setup is Astra 2 (28.2) and Astra 1 (19.2) using an 80cm dish, two LNBs, a LNB slide bar and a diseqc splitter. I had fun and game and now boast 2500 channels instantly....... oh, 1500 of those a euro rubbish which I don't speak the language of.

Doing the above was me playing to see if I could. There is no help in this thread for doing the same sort of thing or about motorised dishes.

Creating bouquets is also out of the scope of this thread. Have a search in the forums or create a new thread. I personally stick with the standard Bouquets as I can't be bothered with the messing :-)

You are a gentleman sir, seems like you have done all the digging that I wanted and have arrived at the conclusion I imagined. Thx for the reply, I think I'll stick to the sly platform for now and save myself a heap of time and a bit of cash. Cheers .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back