World Cup 2022 Draw

Englands group you would say looks "easy". Do expect them to top it without much problem.

Scotland and ROI and even Wales seem to have tricky groups. But think they have a very good chance of finishing runners up of their respective groups.

Scotland got a decent group, England as usual got an easy group and they will cruise to the finals, but no chance of winning anything if Pickford stays at number one, Wales have a good chance of getting 2nd in their group, but they are capable of giving Belguim a game on their day, as they have done in the past, Rep of Ireland and N-Ireland have real hard groups, looks like Republic in a battle with Serbia for 2nd spot, same with N-Ireland they look like they are in the fight with the swiss for 2nd in their group.

Scotland got a decent group, England as usual got an easy group and they will cruise to the finals, but no chance of winning anything if Pickford stays at number one, Wales have a good chance of getting 2nd in their group, but they are capable of giving Belguim a game on their day, as they have done in the past, Rep of Ireland and N-Ireland have real hard groups, looks like Republic in a battle with Serbia for 2nd spot, same with N-Ireland they look like they are in the fight with the swiss for 2nd in their group.

Pickford like mount are Southgates boys.

No way in hell he is dropping them.

Guarantee pickford will cost England games with his stupid decision making.

Pickford carried England in the last World Cup. If it wasn't for him Colombia and Sweden would have knocked us out. Let's not forget he saved the first Penalty in a England shirt for over 2 ******* decades lol. Let's cut him some Slack. We stuck with Lampard and Gerrard for over a decade and beat a dead horse everytime they didn't perform together.

Last edited:
It's all academic we won't get out of the group.
And it probably won't come to penalties anyway.
We haven't got enough good English players to make a team, been the same for 50 years

Iceland sent us packing and there's only 500 people live there FFS

It's all academic we won't get out of the group.
And it probably won't come to penalties anyway.
We haven't got enough good English players to make a team, been the same for 50 years

Iceland sent us packing and there's only 500 people live there FFS
Iceland were decent lol. Hart was in goal and had a shocker.

The the point I'm making is Pickford is 'yet' to make a major mistake in a England shirt so let's cut him some slack. We will never win a major tournament.

Contrary to the fact England have had 8 penatly shootouts since the 1990's in Major Tournaments. The chance is very highly lol

Regardless, England winning on Pens against Colombia was their biggest achievement since 66' lol. Pickford to thank for that.

Last edited:
Just saying. If we make it out of that 'easy' group I'll show my knackers on the town hall steps.
May beat San Marino, few draws and a few thrashings then we can come home to a losers welcome and blame it all on the corona because no other country had to endure that virus :cautious:

Just saying. If we make it out of that 'easy' group I'll show my knackers on the town hall steps.
May beat San Marino, few draws and a few thrashings then we can come home to a losers welcome and blame it all on the corona because no other country had to endure that virus :cautious:
Bollocks. We'll blame it on the Falklands War and the Argies and the ghost of Maradona.

Either way we could be the Dutch or Belgium. Everyone always bigs them up and they don't do jack! Well the Dutch sometimes do, but when they do they bottle it.

Back in the day England would sh!t their pampers at the prospect of playing Holland, France or Spain.
Now they get in a turmoil over Iceland, Azerbaijan and Albania
It's like Eurovision all over again, I often wonder why we bother entering either competition

England barely get in turmoil over Iceland, Azerbaijan or Albania. Considering we've only been beat once by one of them in our entire history lmfao

Last edited:
Tbh I think current crop of English players are really high than previous years and really talented.

I think some games England will be average to say the least but they are expected to win the group and you would think they will unless with are the same old England.

Southgate also has to pick players on merit and who are deserving and not his "boys". Seems he's gona backwards as a coach since the last world cup.

England are ordinary when it comes to tournament finals, good players on paper but always fall short when it counts, I am an irishman so I will never want England to win anything, so hopefully Southgate continues to play Pickford, as I stand by what I said, they wont be winning anything with him in goals, yes he will make good saves here and there, but he will always make a few mistakes that will cost them.

England are ordinary when it comes to tournament finals, good players on paper but always fall short when it counts, I am an irishman so I will never want England to win anything, so hopefully Southgate continues to play Pickford, as I stand by what I said, they wont be winning anything with him in goals, yes he will make good saves here and there, but he will always make a few mistakes that will cost them.
Yep with the exception being world cup 2 years ago but do agree they generally under perform big time in the big tournaments.

Why pope and Henderson not being a given a chance when they are such better keepers baffles me.

Tbh got to support England as born and bred here. But also want other nations to do well be it Scotland, wales, northern Ireland and of course ROI. Always have had a soft spot for the Irish going back decades tbh. My support also extends to parents/grand parents roots from countries they come from mainly South Asian countries and African countries.

Did ok in the world cup, but to get to the semis they only beat 2 decent teams, Colombia, which was on pens and an ageing swedish team, but yes 2 good wins, but the 1st good team they played was Belguim, they lost, 2nd good team they met was Croatia, again lost and the 3rd good team was Belguim reserves in the 3rd place game, again they lost, Same again in the Euro nations lost to the Netherlands, I am expecting the same again at the upcoming Euros, even though they will have the home advantage, for me the England teams of 1986 and 1990 were their best ever and were very unlucky not to win those world cups.

There is no doubting more often than not even England play the top top teams they falter.

Next year at the Euros we will see them also struggle against the big teams.

Southgates tactical awareness is poor. Selecting wrong players and just the general mental block of doing well consistently is why England will always be in the same position as they have been for decades.

Back