Would You Use Satellite - A Poll

Would you use uk sat now it's been hacked

• Total voters

pupuqiop

TK Supporter
PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT SELL IPTV OR SATELLITE AND ANY DM'S WILL BE IGNORED.

So to run alongside the UK Sat is back thread HERE where there is much debate over whether it is worthwhile or not, here's a poll as to whether you would return to sat or if you're happy with IPTV

I'd use sat every time for watching the football provided it was available in HD, but if it's not available then it's iptv. Iptv also all the time for movies and on demand.

It would be good to have as a backup to iptv. Trouble is you ate never going to get all the 3pm kick offs on sat. I saw it was avaliable but thought it was a con job. Not going to jump straight on it look what happend last time got closed down quickly

Last edited:
realistically,
we had sat for over 20 years, probably more, it was only "mainstream" for about 10-12 years
will iptv be the future,? possibly,
I dont see one as being better than the other, they both have their advantages and drawbacks,
you pays your money and takes your chance

Look what happend with viark boxes mate it was closed down within a couple of months for UK side.
Your misinformed mate, those that bought them early had 13 months of Sky and the Viarks still work now on a lot of other packages available via IPTV. And the Viarks themselves have IPTV built in.

There a great box bud.

Your misinformed mate, those that bought them early had 13 months of Sky and the Viarks still work now on a lot of other packages available via IPTV.

There a great box bud.
I am aware they still work. I suppose the comment was more for people buying into this for UK Sat I personally think its a bad idea.

But for people who are really into sat probably worth a punt as they will have most of the setup req. So even if they only got 6 months they ate quids in.

I use freesat and freeview when ever possible, picture quality far better but more choice via internet tv

Your misinformed mate, those that bought them early had 13 months of Sky and the Viarks still work now on a lot of other packages available via IPTV. And the Viarks themselves have IPTV built in.

There a great box bud.

On the whole, it appears that the non-Viark owners how been more frustrated that 28 went dark than the Viark owners.

Massive respect to them for showing solidarity to their fellow forum members.

I must say, I'd use both, probably because of two reasons
1. I like messing around with E2 boxes
2. The missus is a technophobe and hates change, she likes using the e2 box, and wont even try using android sticks or boxes.

I must say, I'd use both, probably because of two reasons
1. I like messing around with E2 boxes
2. The missus is a technophobe and hates change, she likes using the e2 box, and wont even try using android sticks or boxes.
Bring her to the pub for a drink to stop her pushing your buttons

I'd certainly get one but wouldn't be jumping in anytime soon.

Any films I download and have for years. I'm finding this last few years new titles I wanna watch few and far between, the whole industry stinks, culture seems stuck so we get crappy reboots of films, or wow new Matrix. Like I said stuck, and don't get me started on sky movie repeats....

Just the basic free channels on the SF8008 covers me well, then you've got hacker kids selling cheap Disney/Netflix if you want that. I just use IPTV for sports and kids channels, my old man has the same set-up he's happy with Freeview and watching Stoke lose every week on ifollow these days, all he uses IPTV for and on the formuler it's super easy for him.

So yeah I'm rooting for it to come back, just for the sake of it really haha

If sat was raliable again then I would use it along side IPTV, most of what we watch is freesat with about 20% premium channels/sport which we currently use iptv for, my main reason I would look at sat again is the fact you can easily record. I'm old fasioned in that sense, going to file list -> select recording is so much simpler than using catchup, be it from iptv or bbc iplayer etc.

Sat will never replace IPTV now, IPTV has so much more to offer with thousands of channels, Movies and box sets, 3pm kickoffs etc. and generally apart from the odd glitch from time to time it's stable, far more stable than it was a few years ago when sat was still going

Back