Would You Use Satellite - A Poll

Would you use uk sat now it's been hacked

• Total voters
I can't really stand IPTV the quality is not there for football which is the only point in having it. Any TV shows broadcast on TV that are worth watching can be downloaded in better quality via usenet and added to my Plex server.

Football needs the highest bitrate possible - IPTV every time i've checked again and again over the last few years has been as woeful as a free stream. Even Sky Go doesn't have a high enough bit rate to compete with sat streams. If it was exactly 1:1 to tuning in with a sat dish i'd be on it, but it's not - which why i'm still sat trying to get my stupid dish retuned back in to pick up the European feeds!

Yes, iptv will never match Sat in quality, regards to football or sport in general, but it has improved greatly in recent years, and it is still a lot cheaper than paying for sports channels with one of the big companies, for me the biggest drawback is the time delay in football, my main provider is 30 to 40 seconds behind on his, which is perfectly ok for me, but I have recently being looking for a back up provider on here and tried a few tests, any that were good services regards to quality were also 1 minute to 2 minutes behind, ok 1 min is ok, but not 2, I timed it by the flashscoes on the laptop, when a goal was scored in a match, then seen how many seconds or minutes until the goal goes in on tv, but for me if its not too far behind and the picture quality is half decent, then it does the job for me. I have a motorised dish aswell ,but mostly use my iptv to watch football on sky or Bt sports.

I can't really stand IPTV the quality is not there for football which is the only point in having it. Any TV shows broadcast on TV that are worth watching can be downloaded in better quality via usenet and added to my Plex server.

Football needs the highest bitrate possible - IPTV every time i've checked again and again over the last few years has been as woeful as a free stream. Even Sky Go doesn't have a high enough bit rate to compete with sat streams. If it was exactly 1:1 to tuning in with a sat dish i'd be on it, but it's not - which why i'm still sat trying to get my stupid dish retuned back in to pick up the European feeds!
I agree that (apart from the new UHD services) if relying on the usual sport channel suspects for football the stream quality is poor for fast acion. However with a bit of input to be aware of the worldwide offerings in true 50fps and 60fps then the experience is as good as sat. It is good to see the ball actually roll rather than jump across the pitch. Those quality FHD are then easily upscaled via my setup providing near perfect 4k 60fps with only the occasional colour spot glitch. Although I am aware many devices only upscale to 30fps, so not sure how they would compare to sat.

I agree that (apart from the new UHD services) if relying on the usual sport channel suspects for football the stream quality is poor for fast acion. However with a bit of input to be aware of the worldwide offerings in true 50fps and 60fps then the experience is as good as sat. It is good to see the ball actually roll rather than jump across the pitch. Those quality FHD are then easily upscaled via my setup providing near perfect 4k 60fps with only the occasional colour spot glitch. Although I am aware many devices only upscale to 30fps, so not sure how they would compare to sat.

UK sports channels are available in 50fps.

so are you saying sky glass customers are happy with an inferior quality than they previously enjoyed via sat box
Sky glass customers to be quite truthful, aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, paying stoopid money every month.
I have legit subs, as well as multisat, and IPTV, I use my IPTV for work, I travel a lot.
But I never have any buffering on my sat, that can't be said for my IPTV or legit subs, and the picture isn't quite as good either on streaming, but more than adequate for what I pay for it.
Anyone claiming that any streaming service is better than direct sat is deluded.
The other thing to think about is speed and bandwidth, my legit Eurosport or BT can run decent on about a 1/3 of the speed my IPTV needs, no idea why, but it is what it is.

Back