XLMTV fix for V6/V8

HI Guys,
I am a total newbee to both Openbox and Techkings so appreciate any help you can give.
I have just purchased an Openbox v8s and after a few hiccups got it running ok with all Sky channels visible.
After only a couple of days the CCcam has gone offline and just gives a "login" message in the Manage CCcam.cfg box.
What do I do to sort this?
Any advice greatly appreciated.:)

Reaper, you are a legend.

Trying really hard to be a good newbie and proceed with trial and error with my V8s rather than post left right and center when something doesn't work...

Have to say, your contributions are invaluable!

Had to do a factory reset (my mistake), now all updated, firmware, EPG working...

Thank you!

Hello, these seem to be the latest from Chine, Ex Fat is supposedly for 64 bit architecture, I've got a 64gb key for pennies, the Openbox won't read it but my PC does.

Hi I new to this but have flashed the new firmware but the epg still gets the write back fail message any one got any ideas please

---------- Post Merged at 07:56 PM ----------

I have the v8s openbox

---------- Post Merged at 07:56 PM ----------

I have the v8s openbox

If you look back a few pages you should find a programme on a thread by Reaper called XMLTV Fix. If you download it as he says, it will sort your EPG perfectly. I got it from him & I have a working EPG.
;)

I'm not sure what you mean by showbox app. If you mean the XMLTV fix download, I mentioned, then yes it does work on the V8S.
Cheers.
;)

Hi

I tried this the other day and all seemed good except a lot of the regional channels are displaying 'no information' and some of the movie channels are the same. Most are good especially the sports channels but I watch BBC NI and UTV etc and they are displaying no info which is very annoying so I have reverted back to now and next via satellite. Has anyone solved this yet or is it just me? Am I a bit simple and doing something wrong?

View attachment 13687Install this firmware and install latest channel list first. Then format a key to FAT32,go to a fta channel, insert your formatted key in rear usb socket. Now go menu-- network settings---apps,locate WMLTV, open--change to internet,United Kingdom auto upgrade on and away you go--exit when complete--I always reboot box.
Remember----------LEAVE THE USB KEY IN.
Reaper.

I've read the whole thread and am keen to get this going. The step-by-step guides provided all look very comprehensive and I thank you for that. the reaper, but could you just answer one question (I know - sorry about that I really wanted to avoid asking another dumb quesion). The link in this post has a different title to the link in the initial post. Are they the same file with different names or is this one specific to the V8s?

Ooh, just thought of another question! How do you know whether you have a genuine Openbox or a clone?

Cheers

DD

V6/8/8s can all use this firmware as above or at start of thread.
There are no V8s clones around at present but there are plenty of previous box clones around ie F3/F4/F5 and "s" series and you won't know until you try to upgrade and get mismatch of files.
Reaper.

Oh well. That was disappointing. Followed all of the instructions and all appeared to be working well. Got xlmtv downloading and writing back to disk - set EPG to xmltv from sat - rebooted - EPG empty :fear:

On the plus side the box still appears to work and I've changed my channel listing from AJ Sat to C Waite so I should be able to find stuff again.

Maybe the EPG will sort itself out soon.

BTW - yes, I still have the USB key installed.

Edit: Hmmm, maybe I spoke too soon. Suddenly seems rather glitchy (It has been great) and one of the installed clines has gone offline.

Last edited:
OK, so. Still having problems with one of my clines going offline following the upgrade, but I can't understand how the upgrade to firmware could have caused this. One line still works (but is exceedingly glitchy and was unwatchable last night) but the other one is offline. Does anyone that knows more than me about this stuff (which is probably at least 99% of the forum users) have any idea whether the firmware upgrade could possibly have caused this issue? I noticed that back on page 11 of this thread someone else reported that his picture kept freezing after doing this process, but no-one else seems to have had any issues.

On a more positive note the EPG seemed to be working much better today - still plenty of channels with "No Information" but there were quite a few with full listings.

Any help on my line issue and whether it could be linked to the upgrade would be gratefully received. Just seems like a hell of a coincidence that it was working perfectly before and horribly after.

Cheers

Back