Xtream Codes website taken down re IPTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in a number of CODER groups watching the evolving replacements for xc codes.
None of these groups have yet come up with a replacement that offers all the old xc functions and some have reverted to the version from 2014.
Some of these are panic measures solely to allow some providers to start getting money in again.
These versions are not secure and are open to the hackers who will probably have a field day !!
Until i see some secure options to protect our members who may purchase iptv then the request section will remain closed.

I have been deleting threads/posts posted elsewhere asking for iptv but a gentle warning now that if you make a request you will be going on holiday for a week !!

Hi my provider says they have to use a cracked xc 1 panel atm, as streamy is useless, its working good but goes down for 5 to 10 mins every couple of hours, but when the streams are up its very good, they say they are waiting on a xc 2.9 to finish being built, just wondering what does this all mean thanks

you will generally find its only the cms that goes down for a short period of time and not the actual streams.

still a pain in the ass :)

the big problem is that xc worked well and was around for a long time, long enough for any bug fixes to be sorted and for the software to be streamlined.

it will take a long time to be n that sort of position again.

the big problem is that xc worked well and was around for a long time, long enough for any bug fixes to be sorted and for the software to be streamlined.

it will take a long time to be n that sort of position again.
And as you say lamblamd it took nearly 2 years to get it running bug free, now it has been taken down by the powers that be they will be even more keen to shut shop on anything that moves.

And as you say lamblamd it took nearly 2 years to get it running bug free, now it has been taken down by the powers that be they will be even more keen to shut shop on anything that moves.

schoolboy error imo.

a bit like trying to kill a cockroach by stamping on it.

next time they try there'll be a dozen that need shutting down plus hundreds of other private front ends running that nobody knows about :grin:

schoolboy error imo.

a bit like trying to kill a cockroach by stamping on it.

next time they try there'll be a dozen that need shuting down plus hundreds of other private front ends running that nobody knows about :grin:
That is how it should be and not a free for all :love:

I dont think writing the software is a problem.

If you look at xc I think over 250 servers were taken. That is a huge investment

If you have 100 peices of different software that is also going to cause problems for the source suppliers.

The solution I think is going to have to come from the source suppliers as they will already have a strong infrastructure.

This may mean that the price of IPTV increases but we already make huge savings.

The solution I think is going to have to come from the source suppliers ....

Indeed. And by that I mean the origin of that source from a proper legit source of IPTV from the likes of Sky, BBC, ITV, ABC, NBC, HBO TV etc providing an affordable service which delivers what users want where users want it and when users want on whichever device users want to use.

But then again I guess I'm living in La La Land. :unsure:

Theres clearly a huge market of people who will pay £10-20 pm and a major legit player like sky could probably clear that market at a higher price than that if they could work out how to price discriminate and offer the same service at different prices to people.

They make such huge profits off people who will pay 80-120 pm that I can't see them giving that up.

But surely if there's 3million illegal streamers per game their advertisers are ecstatic. Thier equilibrium could be to monetise the illegal views through advertising whilst making it difficult and dodgy enough that mr and Mrs suburbs will never hear about iptv or find faffing with vpns and flashing boxes that they continue to shell out a ton a month. And the might convert people at the fringes who would pay full whack, but will save via iptv if they can be bothered.

Losing the viewers that would never pay anyway has no upside really.

I always wonder why sky just don't make it a price that is desirable to many in stead of a few
I also wonder if sky were able to accommodate a large influx of new customers if they were able to make that price desirable, do they have the infrastructure to cope with let's say 10million new customers, I'm not so sure

I always wonder why sky just don't make it a price that is desirable to many in stead of a few
I also wonder if sky were able to accommodate a large influx of new customers if they were able to make that price desirable, do they have the infrastructure to cope with let's say 10million new customers, I'm not so sure
Because the bean counters have decided it's better to lose a relatively small amount to piracy and keep their costs high. It was the same with CS, it was a calculation when to spend the cash to make it more secure.

It's not just the sky sub. My son watches quite a few PPV wrestling I watch boxing.

You would not get any where near the choice of footie matches. Never mind the 3pm

Are there still people who's service is not working at all.

Xc 2 was far from bug free. Windows ME probably had less bugs and that's saying something.

When do you think requests will be opening again. Completely down need to get things back on?
My supplier isn't taking on any new subs until everything is sorted and stable. I presume most responsible suppliers will be doing the same.
some people have said they were unaffected though so some will still be taking on new sbs if you can find one of those :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back