ET8500 QUAD TUNER Xtrend ET8500 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say Mr. Bob......my vu duo video resolution is better than the xtrend. I like SHARP . Xtrend is a great box though for the cash.

Nothing new blackwidow mate the VU+DUO 2 displays exactly the same on the lcd screen and more;)Oh and the weather lol

I have the weather on my ET8500 LCD screen and I can see it from across the room, something I couldn't do when I setup my neighbours VU box lol

Haven't got a clue about it !!!
Cannot find much help on web.
I am a true dummy when it comes to this.
Image is good though. Trying to eek out a little more sharpness/resolution but struggling. Its difficult to match the vu pic quality.

Nothing new blackwidow mate the VU+DUO 2 displays exactly the same on the lcd screen and more;)Oh and the weather lol

I have the weather on my ET8500 LCD screen and I can see it from across the room, something I couldn't do when I setup my neighbours VU box lol
i tend to Just look outta window widow lol while drinking me dargeling that the VU made me :p

i tend to Just look outta window widow lol while drinking me dargeling that the VU made me :p
see you still have that drink problem then bobby, your on an Extrend posting lol,vu is on another part of the forum, if you need a link just let me know toy
Silly me:whistling:
As all ways Bobby dazzler,good humour and always available for help if asked,May need to pick your brains next week on something,cheers LOL and stay off the booze

---------- Post Merged at 01:21 AM ----------

Big thanks to Blackwiddow for his guide and help,he is great and so helpful to deal with,anyone who messes with him,messes with me, and you know what DIRTY HARRY said,(punk)is it 5 shots or 6 shots lol

Hi fellas, just installed Leslie's image and followed black widows tutorial seems a good image, no instructions on installation for cable but managed to do it, anyone know how to turn the screen off on the box??

---------- Post Merged at 11:58 PM ----------

Cheers Andy. Do you know if you can switch the screen off when watching on the TVs as I would imagine that could be a little annoying.
yes you can
How do you do it Leslie?

Guys a mate of mine is trying to set up wifi on his extrend 8500 not sure how to go about it . Any one have this box setup with wifi and if csn you explain how to do it

are people using correct wifi dongles supported by e2 and any drivers need to be downloaded from plugins to install before first use?

Cactikid cheers bud , didn't realise he needed to download a driver , ya he got the wifi dongle with his box from wos , I'll let him know about the driver cheers ........

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

Cheers bud , he'll have some idea what's to be done now , he's trying all morning , his box is to far away for hardwire , thanks again bud , btw is there a list of drivers in plugins or just one for wifi , I'm not at home so I can't check my own plugins ?

Ps thanks again to yourself and dsayers for the help and file link for the hori**n provider ..lol..

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

Anyone know of the 8500 is due to go up in price anytime soon? Have a H2S at the moment but will be moving to a cable area in a few month (missus doesn't want a sky dish on new house)

Can't decide whether to wait until the move, or try to scrape the funds for 2 x sky and 2 x cable tuners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know of the 8500 is due to go up in price anytime soon? Have a H2S at the moment but will be moving to a cable area in a few month (missus doesn't want a sky dish on new house)

Can't decide whether to wait until the move, or try to scrape the funds for 2 x sky and 2 x cable tuners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am hoping to get a discount for forum members,I have spoken with a couple of suppliers i use and am trying so fingers crossed

Hi all does anyone find the box to be a little noisy seems the fan is constantly on even on stand by, in an earlier post by someone they said it was quiet, not the case with mine I'm afraid, could it be a faulty one you think?!

I heard this today actually from a guy i was helping. His temperature was lower than on my 8000. I turned off watch system temp see if helps. I'll ask him....

It's strange I just removed the lid from the box and it pretty much silent, put the lid back on and it's back if you put a little pressure on the lid as well it seems to stop the noise to. Not too happy at the moment with that, might send wos an email see what they say.
its kind of a low pitch howling sound, pretty annoying.

Last edited:
Good spot and plan! Keep us posted. I'm waiting on mines coming! Cheers

Will do, apart from that it is a nice box
I would say you have a fault on the box for sure,The same question was asked to blackwiddow and he said the same as i am finding,Its dead silent on my box

---------- Post Merged at 08:57 PM ----------

Good spot and plan! Keep us posted. I'm waiting on mines coming! Cheers

Will do, apart from that it is a nice box
I would say you have a fault on the box for sure,The same question was asked to blackwiddow and he said the same as i am finding,Its dead silent on my box
Just a quick thought,have you removed all the plastic covering on the box to allow the air to flow through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back