My set up seems fine now, I'm running
fan off in standby
none
no
fan speed set at quarter
on

system temp currently running at 39
and it's quiet as a mouse.

i learned the hard way with boxes on shelves in an enclosure and in standby plenty of heat produced and when running would get very hot,so removed the back off unit to allow more air flow.

Any one be able to tell me how to get to the above screen. Having same issue as bursley can't seem to find it. Cheers

Just setup the 8500 on one TV and the Technomate TM nano se plus on another TV,Looking at both boxes,Im sat on the old and tested tired looking arm chair i have grown to love,Why do the Wife and kids always want to sit in daddies chair,Im sat in daddies chair working through a few things.Two great threads going on at the moment about the extrend 8500,blackwiddows box review and the complete box section,There is some great work going on to see what can be achieved,Please please can anyone that has bought this box post in either posting and we can pull together and get the best out of it.There is 8 guys working on it at the moment and even any top guns that use the forum who can help would be so welcome,What you will find is the Crack and humour that goes between a few of the guys is priceless ,Its a family and friendly gang

Last edited:
I received the 8500 yesterday but after many hours have failed to set it up properly.
I reached the point in Blackwidow's helpful setup guide where I need to "set up my line". I downloaded Filezilla to my Mac but have no idea how it works.
I will try to figure it out later.
If anyone can help me with this I would be very grateful.

I have a wee piece of software I have used for years. You type the line in, press connect and it will send it to your box......BUT

I don't know how to add attachment to post. I cant find an option. Can anyone help ? EDIT.......maybe not. Just noticed he has a Mac.

Would like to know how to attach file though. Edit again.....Think I found it !!!

zip.gif
Dreambox_CCcam_Editor_0.1.zip (18.8 KB)

Cheers

Attachments

• Dreambox_CCcam_Editor_0.1.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I received the 8500 yesterday but after many hours have failed to set it up properly.
I reached the point in Blackwidow's helpful setup guide where I need to "set up my line". I downloaded Filezilla to my Mac but have no idea how it works.
I will try to figure it out later.
If anyone can help me with this I would be very grateful.

I have a wee piece of software I have used for years. You type the line in, press connect and it will send it to your box......BUT

I don't know how to add attachment to post. I cant find an option. Can anyone help ? EDIT.......maybe not. Just noticed he has a Mac.

Would like to know how to attach file though. Edit again.....Think I found it !!!

zip.gif
Dreambox_CCcam_Editor_0.1.zip (18.8 KB)

Cheers
Unfortunately it's a Windows only download.

Tried unsuccessfully to install 1554lesliebuild.
Followed instructions. The first time nothing happened when I inserted the USB stick. I then altered the file name to force and still nothing happened.
help please.

---------- Post Merged at 12:07 PM ----------

managed to get FileZilla connected but can't find the file "User".
Really stuck now - can't FTP and USB stick doesn't install lesliebuild.

Tried unsuccessfully to install 1554lesliebuild.
Followed instructions. The first time nothing happened when I inserted the USB stick. I then altered the file name to force and still nothing happened.
help please.

---------- Post Merged at 12:07 PM ----------

managed to get FileZilla connected but can't find the file "User".
Really stuck now - can't FTP and USB stick doesn't install lesliebuild.

Maybe try a different brand of stick. My first attempt failed. Then I tried Sandisk USB, and it loaded after 22 minutes. Its worth persevering as its a nice, clean, simple image with almost all the work done for you. Good luck.
Insert it in back usb, then switch on from rear rocker switch and press power button when it flashes 2 colours.

If you have an old USB stick in the bottom of a draw try using that, my very old Kingston 4GB USB stick flashes the box within minutes and has flashed every box I've ever owned, setup or upgraded. The old ones are the best lol

If you have an old USB stick in the bottom of a draw try using that, my very old Kingston 4GB USB stick flashes the box within minutes and has flashed every box I've ever owned, setup or upgraded. The old ones are the best lol

I keep telling the wife that. She's not so sure !

for those that use my slyk skin. How are you finding it on this box. I have reports my skin seems a little slow on this box. Which is very strange as my skin is very small and I believe this box is fast.

for those that use my slyk skin. How are you finding it on this box. I have reports my skin seems a little slow on this box. Which is very strange as my skin is very small and I believe this box is fast.

Using skin here. Lovely......but indeed slow. But always gets there in the end !
I would not consider changing it for anything else though.

Guys i have kept an eye on and it looks like a few guys need a little help.I dont know how to ask from admin,If you can just put a few questions in one place I promise to go through one by by one and and do the best i can

Last edited:
Hi Les
As you have probably heard thought the grape vine,
I'm having issues, when I record SS1 and try to watch SS2 I get a black sometimes blocky screen. This is using a twin cable tuner running ATV
If anyone reading this who has a twin cable tuner can check this for me on your receiver and report back, I would be interested in knowing if it's ATV related or not.
Thanks in advance ;-)

Dangerous, it's not just these channels but does seem ATV only at least for now. That must be about 5 of us noticed it is it?

omg have you checked basics what splitter,quality of cables and connections are in use,signal and quality readings on both tuners,and cams used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back