Zgemma H.2S factory reset

You are a very helpful genius, sky channels up and running after two days of failure, cannot thank you enough.
Just one more thing, the channel synopsis, I think that's what you call it, keeps coming and going any fix for that ?
Thanks again [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, turn up the volume hahaha.

Do a system restart and see if that resolves it. You could also do a system update too. Menu -> Software management -> Update (something)

You can freely update everything on the list and restart the box.

You are welcome.

I'm pretty sure it's the server, tried it on openbox and then on Zgemma both got all channels but no sound

Ah, well fingers crossed it will be sorted soon. I don't know how it all works to be honest, it either does or it doesn't. So far I have been lucky and it runs lol

I don't know if there is a fix as such for you if it is server end like you think it is.

This has done my head in.
The openbox I had I dumped lines onto usb and transferred them to Zgemma and got all channels but lost sound on both boxes.
I have now updated firmware on openbox but still no sound but all channels .
Unplugged openbox switched it for a new box working fine sound and channels.
Trying to flash Zgemma following your instructions but just boots.
I've reset everything I can on Zgemma.
In the process of low level format and then full format and see if it will flash.
My frigging head it bursting lol

reflashed both boxes still no audio.
tried a box not involved in previous endeavours and everything is working fine, I just cannot understand this, I mean if you reflash the box it should be as it came from new, or am I missing something.
please help I'm a my wits end

Last edited:
I mean if you reflash the box it should be as it came from new

Yes you are right. I think one of the more technical guys will have to help you with this one as it is not something I have even encountered, especially as the openbox has the same issue. Two completely unrelated boxes (except the line) have no audio....

Tech guys, this is for you please.

Yes strange one I've put open vix on Zgemma and done a firmware update both through network and usb on openbox both are getting every channel but without audio.
But if I introduce a third openbox it's working fine.

Guy who gave me openbox is replacing it, still working with Zgemma

The joys lol

Just to update you wooshman, I've had both boxes replaced and both up and running on full volume lol, I'd like to add that V3 is outstanding and also thank you for all the help you gave me at the start when I was out of my depth.
This forum and most of its members are fantastic.
Cheers[emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is something I said? :(

what would you recommend ?

This is the latest OpenATV 5.1 firmware - it is the nightly build. It is direct from their site.

It will flash you box and put it back to the day you bought it complete with setup wizard.

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/zgemmah2s/openatv-5.1-zgemmah2s-20160226_usb.zip

This is the page it comes from: openATV Nightly Downloads

When you flash with this firmware, you will need to get ready to press the front button on the box when it says USB on the front display. Or rename the file on this image called noforce - rename it to force.

Hi i had same problem mine is stuck on opentv page will not do anything, the link above doesnt work ?

Hi wooshman i want to install your downloads, I have tried to download the base to dropbox but it says no link ? I assume i have to sart with the basebuild first ? I have zgemma h2s Thanks

Hi wooshman i want to install your downloads, I have tried to download the base to dropbox but it says no link ? I assume i have to sart with the basebuild first ? I have zgemma h2s Thanks

The link is working now so please try again ?

very interesting post I too messed up my box went on forum at world of sat didn't get much info / help from there, this post is just what I needed to get box up again just now trying to set up ccams

---------- Post Merged at 09:01 PM ----------

like to try wooshman but says I cannot download

Hi guys,

I bought a zgemma h2s box recently ( 2 days ago) plug and play, worked very well until I installed wooshbuild thinking I needed to download something for recording and now my channels are gone and looking to get back to where I was.. wife is going to kill me ,can anybody help pls??

Hi mate can I use the same link, as mine has done same thing last night, many thanks

---------- Post Merged at 08:16 AM ----------

Did you manage to find a link thanks

Back