Zgemma H.2S wont boot

j_l1986

So i decided to use the online software update despite the warning that my image was old, and now it wont boot.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
im an absolute amateur on this so simple words would help, thanks.

iv tried downloading wooshbuild again and trying to get it to flash from a usb but it just stops on boot.

So it gave you a warning and you went ahead with it

Reflash a old backup or reflash a new backup

You might be able to ftp in and backup your line and timers if you want to keep them

Have you firstly formatted your usb to FAT32 and downloaded an image build such as Wooshbuild 6.

Turn off your h2s at the back. Put your usb in the back of your h2s. Hold onto the front silver button whilst pushing in the white button at the back of your box. Let go of the silver button where the "REFLSH" message should appear on the front. Then let Woosh do its magic!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Yeah iv formatted the USB correctly and iv downloaded Wooshbuild V5.
Iv followed the steps you have described above and all i get is the boot message across the screen on the front.
Any idea on the next step?

You need to deep format the USB stick using diskpart in windows or using a program like HDguru. Zgemmas are very funny about usb sticks. Also, the smaller the usb stick the better. Deep formatting it will take quite a long time if it's a large capacity.

Make sure you have downloaded the correct wooshbuild for your box. Probably better using the latest V6 version.

Extract (unzip) it and move the wooshbuild folder to the usb stick. Inside the folder there should be 4 files. Ensure that one is a file called force. If it's called noforce simply rename it to force.

Remove any other usb sticks or hard drives from the rear of the box. Then use the front usb to flash.

I recently had a USB that wouldn't reflash. I know that it wasn't formatted as FAT32 (hence reason it wasn't working I guess), but I used a free download of EaseUS Partition. It formatted it as FAT32 in 2 seconds flat, and when I reloaded the Zgemma folder back onto onto it, it worked a treat.

Totally agree asmad and richiej. I can recall doing a deep format on my 1TB HDD. Try that j_l1986.

Just remembered, as asmad said, it may sound silly but did you extract (unzip) the downloaded Woosh first? Believe you me, it is a common mistake. After extraction, you should see two folders (I think). That is what you copy over to your USB. Then follow the steps I gave you again.

ok iv done a full fat32 format using a formatting software
iv tried it in both the front and back USB port.
still stuck on boot.

Hi I have a zgemma star 2s.I bought a iptv sub for it.It loaded the channels but none worked for .I got back in contact with the guy I bought the sub from.He said the box needs a flash and update.I am no good at this stuff so I tried to follow the steps he gave me.The box flashed and tried to reboot but getting stuck on 49 or 00 like the box just freeze I think I fucked up the box.Any help would be really really appreciated big time as it not my box I was only doing a favour for a guy.

yeah its already called force.
is there a way to do a factory reset?
or connect it directly to a PC to add the required files?

again, total novice so forgive the stupid questions

yeah its already called force.
is there a way to do a factory reset?
or connect it directly to a PC to add the required files?

again, total novice so forgive the stupid questions
Are you still in 'boot' mode? Normally, once you have formatted your usb/hdd and downloaded & extracted the build onto your usb/hdd, then followed the instructions, your box should reflash. If it is still not working, have you tried an alternative usb?

There does not appear to be an option to physically 'factory reset' your box unless you are in the Menu settings. Unfortunately, you cannot connect your box to your PC as the box has to reboot fully first in order for your computer to recognise it (the IP address from your box).

Hate to tell you this j_l1986 but if you have exhausted all options (e.g. tried different USBs) and you still cannot get past the Boot mode, your box has had it.

Hi I have a zgemma star 2s.I bought a iptv sub for it.It loaded the channels but none worked for .I got back in contact with the guy I bought the sub from.He said the box needs a flash and update.I am no good at this stuff so I tried to follow the steps he gave me.The box flashed and tried to reboot but getting stuck on 49 or 00 like the box just freeze I think I fucked up the box.Any help would be really really appreciated big time as it not my box I was only doing a favour for a guy.
You need to reflash your box again and give it another go. If it still doesn't boot up properly, try downloading a different build/image and reflash again.

What usb stick are you using? if it's a cheap one from fleebay then I suggest you shoot out to argos or pcworld and get a small 4gb one and give it a try.

hi lads im having a similar probl;em stuck on the boot sign on front display i can flash the box load images but when i do i have no sound . the box was working perfect.

i have about 6 different usb keys here that are sandisk and other cheap ones ranging from 2gig to 16gb . i have trid so many images and even backed up images as well

still keep getting the same issue been at this now for a day and a half anyone got any other suggestions .is there a master reflash or anything for this boxes

cheers for anyhelp in advance

Back