Cable ZGEMMA H5.2TC - Lines and Gifts

igazz

Hi All, I received my new ZGEMMA H5.2TC today (3 TUNERS, DVB-S2 + 2 x DVB-T2/C).
I am new to the scene so will try to pick my way through the forums and guides to get me up and running.
I would just like to do some experimentation before I set it up in its final configuration.
I currently have Sly TV and VM Broadband.

1. Before I buy any gifts, if I plugged one of the feeds from my Sly dish to the Satellite input and plug my VM feed (after splitting it) into the DVB-T2/C input, will I get any FTA channels, all freeview channels or nothing.
2. The box has two internal cable tuners (from one cable input). Will I need just one gift or do I need two gifts to be able to watch and record two different cable channels?
3. I presume I will also need a Gift for the satellite input to watch the programs (SD).
can I buy all the Cable and Sky gifts from one supplier (combo package) or do you normally just buy them separately from wherever you find them?

Thanks in advance, Gary

once you've done a scan in autbouquetsmaker, you should be able to get 1 - 5 in SD through the cable tuner
one line will allow you to watch and record 2 cable channels at the same time on the same box
you can scan the sat for freeview channels but I'm not sure how many are available

Theres still quiet a lot of fta channels on 28.2e but a lot of the premium sports and movies have gone etc.
If you have a sky Q installation you would need a hybrid lnb fitting because the Q ones are different but wont be a problem if the installation is older.

Gift lines can be bought as a combo package but not all suppliers do this ok.

If you have a read in the openbox satellite section on the forum theres a channel list in there for the remaining premium channels on sky.

Only channels missing on cable so far are the sports hd channels they were turned off a few months ago but the sd versions still work and all hd movie channels at the min .:(y):

once you've done a scan in autbouquetsmaker, you should be able to get 1 - 5 in SD through the cable tuner
one line will allow you to watch and record 2 cable channels at the same time on the same box
you can scan the sat for freeview channels but I'm not sure how many are available
Thanks Pablo for the quick reply. When you say one 'line' will enable me to watch one channel and record another, do you mean a line as in a physical cable or as in a one gift? Sorry

Theres still quiet a lot of fta channels on 28.2e but a lot of the premium sports and movies have gone etc.
If you have a sky Q installation you would need a hybrid lnb fitting because the Q ones are different but wont be a problem if the installation is older.

Gift lines can be bought as a combo package but not all suppliers do this ok.

If you have a read in the openbox satellite section on the forum theres a channel list in there for the remaining premium channels on sky.

Only channels missing on cable so far are the sports hd channels they were turned off a few months ago but the sd versions still work and all hd movie channels at the min .:(y):
Thanks for the reply. I didn't know about the sky Q LNB incompatibility. Learning as I go. Still got old sky though so that should be ok. I will look at the openbox forum as you syggested for the available channels.
I will post back with my discoveries, Thanks.

Back