Cable Zgemma h7c and hard drive

cheers guys your always a great help and I get there eventually...lol but as its a HDD sata drive what do I plug it into and by what method??? usb?? as I guessed this drive was originally in a pc...no expert as you can probably guess but simple mans terms into how I do it would be greatly appreciated

There are 2 connectors inside, make sure you connect the HDD to the correct one or it won't work.

I would format the HDD in EXT-4 on a PC using the free partition wizard

I
There are 2 connectors inside, make sure you connect the HDD to the correct one or it won't work.

I would format the HDD in EXT-4 on a PC using the free partition wizard
ll look at that , daft question mate how do I attach the hdd to a pc, has it a usb connector?

Ok so I bought a usb to sata cable and it’s begins to drive but I cannot see anywhere where the Hdd is on my computer . Arggghh help lol

If there is no file system on the drive it won't be recognised by windows and allocated a drive letter.
Follow the instructions on how to format it with Partition Wizard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1unbc44asi8717/Formatting Drives.pdf?dl=0

When complete, the drive still won't be recognised by windows because it will be in Linux ext4 format. Don't worry about it, just put it back in the box and power on.
You DO NOT NEED TO INITIALISE IT because that's what you have just done on PC.
All you need to do is check that it's mounted as /media/hdd in Mount Manager.

Last edited:
If there is no file system on the drive it won't be recognised by windows and allocated a drive letter.
Follow the instructions on how to format it with Partition Wizard.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1unbc44asi8717/Formatting Drives.pdf?dl=0

When complete, the drive still won't be recognised by windows because it will be in Linux ext4 format. Don't worry about it, just put it back in the box and power on.
You DO NOT NEED TO INITIALISE IT because that's what you have just done on PC.
All you need to do is check that it's mounted as /media/hdd in Mount Manager.
Thanks willo will have a go at that today

Cheers guys for all your help, I managed to make a new partition on the HDD and install it successfully in the zgemma and it now recognizes it and has been mounted. So now my question is how do I set up pause and record options please. Any help appreciated

Back